• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos How do I taper

blxnc

Bluelighter
Took klonopin .5 2x a day for five days. Monday-Friday. Took two day break Saturday-Sunday. Then took .5 2x a day for 2 days, Monday-Tuesday. and then took .5 1x a day Wednesday-Friday.

This weekend Saturday-Sunday was planning on being another breather weekend, and then was going to try and stay off them as I felt ready.

I have an appointment with my psych Monday to talk about it (I’m in really good hands trust me. Great doc.)

But I just wanted to know am I f’d? Like am I going to experience withdrawals.

If so, how the f do I taper? I’m sure my doc can help me but I’m just kind of scared right now as I wasn’t planning on dependency happening this quickly, just scared that it might be. And… over all, how can I taper this without it being an incredibly dangerous or painful process? Is that even possible or is tapering always garunteed to be really ‘painful’?

(I have quit benzos cold turkey before, took about three weeks. It was insane amount of pain and worst thing I’ve ever done, I just can’t remember the dosage I was at then or how long I used it for to warrant that kind of withdrawal.

I was just hoping I’m in the clear but from what I’ve read dependency can occur anywhere from 5-14 days possibly 30 I’m just like :/ kind of confused

How do I taper this safely if this even is a tapering situation???

found this

Rapid tapers may be considered for patients who have taken benzodiazepines for less than four weeks.7-9 In this method, benzodiazepine discontinuation takes place by a relatively larger drop in dose and more frequent dose reduction than in a slow taper. A rapid taper might involve an initial 25-30% dose reduction weekly until 50% of the dose is reached, followed by 5-10% dose reductions weekly.7,8

https://www.uhcprovider.com/content...tions-for-the-Tapering-of-Benzodiazepines.pdf

will confer with my psych but i feel better about it just having the info.

if anyone has tapered before, some helpful anecdotals on how it went,... feel free to share. i'm just nervous due to past experiences with cold turkey having been the worst so. hearing that this is something totally doable and normal and like hey, here's some reassurance it'll be fine or hey watch out for this at the end like is the end the worst part or what can i e xpect each week, and what are some things that can be done to help with any potential annoyances along the way or to just cope.