• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how do i take suboxin to help H w/d

c4rson

Greenlighter
Hey thanks for any help in this forum. I have gotten myself restrung after a few clean yrs, I messed up n need to get clean again.
Ive been doing prob 1 G a day (Tar) 2 months straight and have the 8mg suboxone bilingual strips (only 2 but i can get more tomorrow) finaly my question.
Should i before the subs, go into w/d (withdrawl) a day or so?
Should i take a partial strip to start or go with a whole strip or more? And how much do i take after the initial dose?
And should i remain on subs only a week or so to not get w/d from the subs when i stop them?
Mostly wondering the usual dosage like (for example) 8mg to start then a 1/4 strip every 8 hrs. Thanks again for the help

I'd try to wait until you start to feel withdrawal (should be good 24 hrs after last use) then take like 2mg (1/4 of 8mg strip) less is more with suboxone ime. if 2mg doesn't work you can always take another 2mg (or more)

one dose of suboxone should work - hold off withdrawals - for at least 24 hrs, so, no need to re-dose at 8 hrs.

caveat: considering your habit you might wanna take 4mg or perhaps the whole strip to start. i'd try 2mg myself..

good luck!

Okay, first off, there is not a complete cross-tolerance between Buprenorphine and Opioids. That's all you need to know and I'm not going to berate you with statistics and shit while you're going into withdrawal. Bottom line, it's good to taper the Bupe like you have stated, but a week will not be enough time to become completely dependent upon all of the Opioidergic effects of Bupe.

You do indeed need (fucking Shakespeare) to wait for withdrawal symptoms to set in before taking Buprenorphine. If not, you run the risk of initiating withdrawal in a violent and immediate way. This nightmare-hell is known as precipitated withdrawal. You don't want this. This happens because Buprenorphine immediately kicks the Opioids off of your receptors without being strong enough to prevent withdrawal in its own right.

You need to wait for withdrawal to set in with fairly severe symptoms before dosing Buprenorphine. My advice would be to wait for withdrawal to set in and then begin by taking very small amounts of the strip over the course of several minutes, crumbs, if you will. I think it's a major and common mistake to dose with even 2mg at once when you're not sure how it will effect you. Start with this information. Dose up to 4mg, but there should be really no need to go higher than this. If at any point, you feel sedated through this process, you're taking too much. Keep us posted.