• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do i prescribed something

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooklynKid97

Greenlighter
How would i go about getting a script for something I've gotten in the past?(xanax) i got it when i was like 17-18 and stopped cause i went to jail and when i got out i never bothered getting them back. And my parent was the one who managed all the docotor visits and stuff like that so therefore i have no idea how to go about getting my medicine prescribed back to me and I'd like to know how. Also I have no health insurance and i heard you have to pay the doctor every month when u visit? Like 75$? Is that true? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
If your docotor prescribed in the past then it should be on your records?

What were you on it for ?

Go see a Doc and said my old doc prescribed me this for this and as Pete 556 has stated tell him/her it worked

Your main issue is the lack of insurance. The doctors visits will be expensive.

Regardless every doctor will accept private pay. It may be more than $75/ visit.

If you can go to the same doctor as in the past, that might help.

I would first try a general practitioner (ie your “regular doctor). “I was prescribed alprazolam in the past to help control my panic attacks and it was extremely effective in doing so. Because my panic attacks have been getting more frequent and more severe lately, I’d like to try this medication agains.”

Now they might try to give you a different benzo or gabapentin. I’d say ok, and if you still want Xanax rather than whatever they give you, tell them what they prescribed helped but it did not work as quickly or as effectively as Xanax did for you in the past.

Finally, they may try to give you an ssri or some other antidepressant-type drug. I would decline this offer. Tell them you tried lexapro in the past and discontinued after 6 weeks because the side effects were unbearable and it did not impact the frequency or severity of your panic attacks.

If the physician will not rx the Xanax you can either keep going to doctors until you find one who will (doctor shopping is not illegal as long as you are not getting multiple rx’s). Otherwise you will have to go to a psychiatrist and they may give you even more trouble than a doctor but typically if you go along with whatever they want you to try first (and say it doesn’t work) they will eventually rx you what you want.

Without insurance this is all very expensive. You might want to look into grey market benzos (eg etizolam) or over seas pharmacies. Unfortunately, this site is not the place to get that information.

This is pretty close to sourcing and it's already been covered in previous responses but i'll add my 2 cents.

They might want to reevaluate you but I doubt you'll have much of an issue getting them to prescribe it again. Like others have said the main problem is going to be lack of insurance, it's going to get costly.

I'm gonna close this

Status
Not open for further replies.