How do i post an avatar

erich739

Greenlighter
I keep dragging url to my profile and it just pops up huge on another screen how do i make it show up on my profile and if ne 1 has other tips im brand new to this bluelight stuff

From the Support FAQ here

First of all, incase you don’t already know, the avatar is the little picture that appears under your username. It’s nice to have to show a little bit of your personality, and also helps in keeping track of who’s who when reading through a thread quickly. This is not to be confused with the profile picture, which will only show up in your profile, not as an avatar.

Now, this next bit may look long, but don’t worry, it’s a very simple step by step process that takes no more than a couple of minutes to complete. I promise.

To get or change your avatar, first go to the blue bar at the top of the page. From here you have a couple of options, you can either click “User CP” or “Quick Links”. Quick Links brings down another bunch of options, click on any of the “edit” options (i.e. edit options; edit your details; etc) You can also click on your “Private Messages”. However you decided to get there, you should now have a bar of options on the left side of your screen that says “Your control panel”. Scroll down that list until you see “edit avatar”. From there just follow the instructions. Keep in mind the size limit, 50 x 50 pixels or 9.8 kb, whichever is smaller. This is the most common problem people encounter when trying to upload an avatar. Resizing can be done quickly and easily in pretty much any basic paint or photoshop program. If you have followed all of these steps and are still having problems, then you can contact a moderator or start a thread in Support.

By the way, while we are on the subject, “quick links” is a very useful feature. You should explore it and become familiar with it, it links to a lot of places that are otherwise lots of clicks to get to. I know all those mouse clicks tire me out, so the faster I get to where I want to be, the better.

Basically, it has to be 50 x 50 pixels or smaller and no larger than 9.8kb in size. You can have simple animated .gif files too :)

The User CP can be found at the top left corner (second link from the left) atop BL at any time.

You might want to also check out the Greenlighters' Guide for other questions you may have, including how to upload an avatar. :)

With that, I'm going to shift this to Support.

Homeless -> Support

Yea i keep trying to upload a celtics avatar but it says image not valid and i tried resizing it in paint shop it just not working lol is there somewhere i can pick an avatar and post it where it would already be the right size n stuff
imgres
thi

Are you meeting the criteria of it being less than 50x50 pixels or 9.8kb?

When saving your avatar, are you saving it for web resolution?

thats the avatar image i wan t obviously i tried resizing it just wont work for me im also not the best with computers though

try this :)

right click -> save as...

then go to your user CP and under settings & options, try uploading it in the edit avatar section.

Attachments

• celtics.jpg
    celtics.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 103
i think i am i was even trying to make it like 45x45 but who knows im kinda illiterate with this stuff i just like these forums you can usually figure out alot through all the collective info

no, you would need to right click it with your mouse and save the file to your computer where you can find it. then go to the edit avatar area of the user CP and upload it. :)

2501427978_376f61f378.jpg
this is the avatar i would like to use one person resized it for me but i didnt know how to bring it from here to there anyone who can explain this would be a huge help usually im not this big a pain in the ass lol thanks for all help

rogue thanks for all your help it obviously worked did you just resize it ??

Thanks to everyone else for the help ill have this figured out sooner or later

lol another question how do i resize cause now im having trouble with my profile picture