• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do I lower Tramadol tolerance

MouhanedPT

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I need your help!
I've been taking Tramadol for a couple of months but my tolerance started to get really high. It started with one pill 225 mg
It used to give me a beautiful high. then I started building tolerance to it, so increased my dose, gradually. It used to be a pill or two for a decent 4 hours high.
But my dose increased so much.. Too much..
For example, today I took 14 pills 225 mg each, and I didnt get any high, like I can feel a buzz but its not the high it used to be when I used to take just 1 pill!
So, I need a way to lower my tolerance, please. And stopping is not an option because I dont want withdrawals, I hate Tramadol withdrawals. Its awful.
So is there a way to lower my tolerance?
I have been thinking of taking a quarter or a half a pill from now on maybe my tolerance will get lower with time and I dont get withdrawals. Do Benzos increase the effects of Tramadol? Or is it just a placebo? And if it does, which drugs can I take along with Tramadol to get a decent high?
So, does that work? And if it does, how long do I need to keep taking those low doses for tolerance to get lower?
Please help me, I miss that high so much!
Thank you.

I am also addicted to tramadol and I am sorry to tell you you will never get that high back. I would some times go for about three days without them (taking other opiates so I don’t get sick) and take some and feel a little difference. I am sure taking a break from all drugs would of helped more. I have also went two weeks without them because they are hard to find where I’m at. And when I finally did get them I didn’t feel anything at all. Tramadol is a tricky drug, you never know what kind of high you’ll get with them. I love tramadol. Tramadol is and will always be my drug of choice. 225mg is a high starting dose I think. I’ve only seen them in 50mg. 100mg and maybe 300mg one time. I never took Benzos with them because I hate benzos. But I have heard that it might be a good idea to take a few since tramadol is known for causing seizures. Anyway, I want to warn you about tramadol. Stop now if you can. Withhdrawing from it was different than anything else I’ve experienced. I lost my shit mentally I had to quit my job and had crazy thoughts about killing myself. Tramadol is not only for pain but an anti-depressant as well. Every time I had to go without I had thoughts of suicide. I’m sure it is not safe to take a high dose of an anti depressant every day and then suddenly stop. To a lot of people it’s shit recreationally, we are one of the lucky (or unlucky) ones that feel anything from them. Please do yourself a favor and taper off them now.