• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How do I IV in my leg

Bryna

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. I can't hit my arms anymore. I need to start learning how to hit my legs. Mostly I'm confused on weather u stick the needle in at a 90 degree angle. Also how do I follow the vein in?

Hey everyone. I can't hit my arms anymore. I need to start learning how to hit my legs. Mostly I'm confused on weather u stick the needle in at a 90 degree angle. Also how do I follow the vein in?

Sorry to be a party pooper, but when your arms are no longer viable, it's time to re-evaluate your use.

Legs don't have many visible veins that are easily accessible, so it's a case of 'shooting in the dark' with an increased risk of missing the vein and subsequent infections and/or abcesses.

For this reason, many people choose to use their femoral veins (groin) - which NEVER ends well - unless you particularly fancy DVT or amputation.

Also, forget about your feet. The veins are usually shit and burst like a balloon from merely seeing a needle. It hurts like fuck and the risk of infection is very high.

My legs and feet are covered in scars that look like cigarette burns from numerous minor infections. Luckily I survived, but many don't.

It's really not worth the risk...

Hey everyone. I can't hit my arms anymore. I need to start learning how to hit my legs. Mostly I'm confused on whether u stick the needle in at a 90 degree angle. Also how do I follow the vein in?
@F.U.B.A.R. is right on this one. Im going to send this to OD and they can do what they want with it. Before I do, I should ask: Have you exhausted your hands and feet? If you have… Seriously rethink searching your legs for a good site.

Just don't. I always hit the veins in my hands instead of my arms so maybe try that

Also, you should always point the tip of the needle in the direction of blood flow - I.e. toward the heart. If you go in at 90 degrees you're more likely to go straight through the vein.

I don’t know because I never had to use my legs. But please read the IV complications megathread in this forum as a sticky.

That thread cause me to quit injecting and I continued to be an opioid addict for over a decade but I never injected again…and had been injecting for 6 years.

Please be aware of how dangerous IV use really is…read the stories in that thread maybe it will scare you off the needle like it did to me

There are a couple potential sites near your ankles. Someone I used to buy from used this site with frequency (although not exactly the best role model as I saw him later and he looked like a mess from IV/IM usage), and I've done it successfully a few times. Not really something that's sustainable long-term though, there's more of a chance for serious complications and it's very painful if you miss

The traditional sites are really the only ones messing with. Once those are tapped out you shouldn't move on to hands, legs, feet or other body parts, you should just pump the brakes a little bit

There are a couple potential sites near your ankles. Someone I used to buy from used this site with frequency (although not exactly the best role model as I saw him later and he looked like a mess from IV/IM usage), and I've done it successfully a few times. Not really something that's sustainable long-term though, there's more of a chance for serious complications and it's very painful if you miss

The traditional sites are really the only ones messing with. Once those are tapped out you shouldn't move on to hands, legs, feet or other body parts, you should just pump the brakes a little bit
I never hit my ankles cause was fat when I was shooting dope but now im really skinny and my legs are strong from squats and im always like "damn I could hit these ankle veins really easy"