• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do I get rid of/prevent these bruises?

TSLexi

Bluelighter
Hey!

How do I get rid of or prevent bruises from shooting up? They're completely painless, but they look yucky.

Thanks!

I can't edit my post from my phone's browser but I also meant to add that a warm rag applied to the area will help dissipate any swelling that may occur. As far as the bruising though I'm not sure because warmth will draw blood closer to the surface of the skin. Believe it or not they didn't teach me how to fix/prevent bruising as an EMT :D

Ok wtf I don't know where my first post went but I asked a few things...
What's your technique immediately following injection? How do you remove the needle? Are you using a tourniquet? And which area of your body are you having these issues?

I take the needle out, and wipe the area with a rubbing alcohol swab.

I gently slide the needle out.

I don't use a tourniquet because my veins are quite near the surface.

I inject in the area of my right antecubital fossa.

The ACF is a great area to inject IMO. When you say you take the needle out then swab are you swabbing with alcohol after your shot??

Ok well theres your problem brother. Dont swab afterwards. The point of using an alcohol swab in the first place is to prevent bacteria from being pushed through the skin from the needle going in. Swabbing for about 30 seconds PRIOR to the injection will be plenty sufficient. I've had the same issue years ago and it was exactly the same thing thats happening to you. Alcohol actually inhibits coagulation so when you swab after your shot all your doing is either A.) possibly rubbing leftover bacteria into the injection site, and B.) causing the blood to take longer to clot by introducing alcohol to the site, thus making it bleed longer and causing bruising. Try it without swabbing afterwards and that should solve your problem hopefully, let us know.

What works great for me is immediately after I withdraw the needle I take a sterile cotton swab and hold steady light pressure directly on the area for around 45 sec. to 1 min. That is usually sufficient to stop the little bit of blood trickle from the vein and give it time to start coagulating. Of course, if you wanted to, just for good measure I dont see any problem with slapping a band-aid on. Keep in mind though that a band-aid is a hell of a lot easier to spot than a tiny pin prick if trying to go unnoticed is what your goal is. Also sometimes when you pull the band-aid off it'll leave little red marks where it was on your skin...again drawing attention straight to your prick [ha] and thats not good. I believe if you adjust your swabbing habits you'll be pleasantly surprised, simple as that. :)

What about a liquid bandaid?

How big of a needle are you using?
By the way, putting a band-aid or even liquid band-aid for that matter [which yes would work] isn't going to help with the bruising issue. Thats coming from blood seeping out of the vein and in to surrounding muscle tissue so the only way to address that issue is to make sure you're not inhibiting clotting and making sure you apply a little pressure. Liquid band-aid would be fine to "close it up" so to speak. Superglue is the same thing though. Just be absolutely sure not not forget and re-shoot in the same spot and end up pushing in some cyanoacrylate into your circulatory system!8o

How big of a needle are you using?
By the way, putting a band-aid or even liquid band-aid for that matter [which yes would work] isn't going to help with the bruising issue. Thats coming from blood seeping out of the vein and in to surrounding muscle tissue so the only way to address that issue is to make sure you're not inhibiting clotting and making sure you apply a little pressure. Liquid band-aid would be fine to "close it up" so to speak. Superglue is the same thing though. Just be absolutely sure not not forget and re-shoot in the same spot and end up pushing in some cyanoacrylate into your circulatory system!8o

I've already told you, I use 30G 0.5" needles.

What about fibrinogen spray?

I've already told you, I use 30G 0.5" needles.

What about fibrinogen spray?

I remember now, sorry bud, been pulling an all-nighter here at the office. But thats a great size, very very small footprint.

But yes absolutely, Fibrin works wonders and would probably help you out tremendously if you can get your hands on some..

Just remember...swab then stick %)

It's been a long day down here in Bama though brother I'm about to sign off for the night so if you need to get up with me just shoot me a PM!

I remember now, sorry bud, been pulling an all-nighter here at the office. But thats a great size, very very small footprint.

But yes absolutely, Fibrin works wonders and would probably help you out tremendously if you can get your hands on some..

Just remember...swab then stick %)

It's been a long day down here in Bama though brother I'm about to sign off for the night so if you need to get up with me just shoot me a PM!

Awesome! I really love talking with you, you are an awesome intelligent dude. You have a great sleep.

Btw, please call me "sister", not "brother". Thanks.

there is no way to avoid bruising or scarring if you use the same injection site, also depends on how your body/skin heals itself
dont use a swab after the injection itll def scar more

you can use a cheap home made hot compress (a sock filled with rice microwaved for 30 secs) to help with any swelling etc
i use it all the time and it helps due to i get close to a pint of blood taken out every month for my blood disorder

read up on a derma roller itll def help with skin issues

Back in the day, the people I knew always managed to tattoo themselves with used needles. The dried blood would do that. Make sure you use new, clean needles. Then, do it like a phlebotomist would. Clean the area, inject your shit, and apply direct pressure. If you are really into it, get a copy of Gray's Anatomy to find veins in a place no one will look at. It sounds like you are a beginner so maybe you should quit.