Info How do I fully delete an account?

Spideronthewall

Bluelighter
How do I go about deleting my account. For personal reasons I need it removed and I couldn't find anything in settings for that. I'll be back for HR help to others but this specific account will have to go.

You’re going to have to delete your posts manually. We don’t delete accounts.

This is from the support FAQ:
How do I delete my account & posts?

You can delete your own posts... one at a time. Use the search engine to show all posts created by yourself, open each one, and click the 'delete' button at the bottom of the post. The delete option is there, and from that point onwards you'll know what to do. You're awesome enough to be reading this FAQ, so we have every faith in you.

However, your general awesomeness does not extend to deleting posts in closed or archived threads. The board software does not allow users to edit or remove their contributions when a thread is closed or archived. As such, you'll need to PM the forum moderators and ask them to do it. If you've already deleted the bulk of your other posts, the moderators should do this for you - although it remains at their discretion. If you get no joy via this route, feel free to report the posts in question and bring it to the attention of other staff members.

To address account deletion, use the 'Contact Us'page indicating your username and request it. This is sent directly to the admin. We should get back to you shortly. Please note that deletion of the account with removal of all posts can only be done if an account has 25 or fewer posts. For accounts with more content, your username and e-mail address will be removed, but any posts you have not already deleted will stay in place at the time of your account anonymisation, under an anonymous username. Also, we cannot remove quotes of your content (and username) by other users.

I love it when this topic comes up (time and time again)!

I'll spare everyone, including the OP, the (my) usual long-winded response.

Without having taken a look see though: I'm wondering how much damage one can do to oneself and reputation in just 252 posts! Mind you. I've seen a few accomplish the same in under 10 posts so scratch that! 🤪

The board software does not allow users to edit or remove their contributions when a thread is closed or archived. As such, you'll need to PM the forum moderators and ask them to do it. If you've already deleted the bulk of your other posts, the moderators should do this for you - although it remains at their discretion. If you get no joy via this route, feel free to report the posts in question and bring it to the attention of other staff members.
For the sake of my own interest: when it comes to locked or closed threads, and assuming a post count of over 25 posts, a mod. is going to sit and manually delete posts, one by one, in said locked or closed threads (at their discretion of course)? :unsure: Asking for a friend! 🤣

Jabberwocky is always an option if you go through the right channels , ask nicely and with respect, be clear in your intentions , and thank them afterwards.

Beats deleting .

People, please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to burst your bubble,
but the internet gets archived, there are multiple internet archives,
where you can check how a site looked and its content in past years most of the time going back decades.
Webarchive alone saved 602 billion pages
https://web.archive.org/web/*/bluelight I can check bluelight.se, bluelight.ru, it's all still there,
no matter if you delete it, it makes no fucking difference.

What's on the internet is on the internet

People, please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to burst your bubble,
but the internet gets archived, there are multiple internet archives,
where you can check how a site looked and its content in past years most of the time going back decades.
Webarchive alone saved 602 billion pages
https://web.archive.org/web/*/bluelight I can check bluelight.se, bluelight.ru, it's all still there,
no matter if you delete it, it makes no fucking difference.

What's on the internet is on the internet
Yep. I think the posters here just want to disassociate their user name on here from just BL's eyes. Like becoming a non person here only. The big bad web doesn't concern them. They just want to eliminate their presence on the forum and Jabberwocky is a great way as even though your posts may still be seen here and there when a new post is made, the source of them isn't you anymore. I'm not sure but that's what I think most posters want. Just a deletion of their activity on here. Like you said, once it's posted it's permanent. Just can't be seen so readily.

They don't delete accounts here but even if it is deleted, if you haven't hid yourself since you touched the ''dial up'' then all your clothes got wet. So since most ppl who use the internet nowadays don't hide except let's say.. a possible VPN? which is entierly useless but you know, you gonna have to read and do what the community stated above. Anyhow I might add that our community energy isn't that bad, like anything else we have our advantages and disadvantages but we have a nice small community with all kind of people, you can see that by our ''Bluelight Shrine'', even though they don't know them personally they like to laugh and love together. You're pretty safe here as this is the biggest drug encyclopedia admitted by many research facilities.

Yep. I think the posters here just want to disassociate their user name on here from just BL's eyes. Like becoming a non person here only. The big bad web doesn't concern them. They just want to eliminate their presence on the forum and Jabberwocky is a great way as even though your posts may still be seen here and there when a new post is made, the source of them isn't you anymore. I'm not sure but that's what I think most posters want. Just a deletion of their activity on here. Like you said, once it's posted it's permanent. Just can't be seen so readily.

Its tempting to put all blrs into one collective basket but would advise against it.

Given theres been a huge number of people over the years I know personally and also just from here online that have had their own rough times and have got their accounts banned/deleted for many reasons.

Reasons include:

Relationship break up or cheating with someone else here

Partners being jealous of bl associations/not liking what they see in nude thread

Drug deals going wrong off the board, money owed, other drama associated with meet ups etc

Wanting/having to quit drugs

Some last ditch attempt at protesting dumb shit

Anyway..

The number of folk who did have many years online that got to the point of just changing their email to a dodgy one and resetting their password, never ever bothering here again is probably far more than you'd think.

Does the same thing as ghosting?

Dunno, anyway its just an account, most this shit gets pruned or forgotten so who cares.

Its tempting to put all blrs into one collective basket but would advise against it.

Given theres been a huge number of people over the years I know personally and also just from here online that have had their own rough times and have got their accounts banned/deleted for many reasons.

Reasons include:

Relationship break up or cheating with someone else here

Partners being jealous of bl associations/not liking what they see in nude thread

Drug deals going wrong off the board, money owed, other drama associated with meet ups etc

Wanting/having to quit drugs

Some last ditch attempt at protesting dumb shit

Anyway..

The number of folk who did have many years online that got to the point of just changing their email to a dodgy one and resetting their password, never ever bothering here again is probably far more than you'd think.

Does the same thing as ghosting?

Dunno, anyway its just an account, most this shit gets pruned or forgotten so who cares.
Those 5 reasons you posted would be fun as hell to read about.

Alas. Poof, they are dust in the wind.