• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How do drug rehab centers get you to stop doing meth/ and or beer?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
I'm just curious

I'm 26, I'm a grown áss man, if someone told me.

"Stop drinking beer every day for no reason, even tho the liquor store is 2 Blocks away from your house"

If probably laugh at them.

Same with meth.

-------

Don't get me wrong

I've been put in a rehab center, not sure if it was legit, but they kept me sober for 1 month, because the security didn't allow me to escape.

I was forced to learn the Christian bible, and if I didn't answer the questions correct about today's lecture I wasn't fed.

I escaped after 1 month, hoped the fence and went homeless after my dad gave me a job LOL.

-----

If it there's a way for me to scientifically delete the first ever memory of me having my first buzz, or trying out meth for the fist time it'll be awesome.

Has anyone successfully stopped their binge drinking habit?

If so how did you do it?

I'm just curious

"Stop drinking beer every day for no reason, even tho the liquor store is 2 Blocks away from your house"

Same with meth.

-------

Don't get me wrong

I've been put in a rehab center, not sure if it was legit, but they kept me sober for 1 month, because the security didn't allow me to escape.

I was forced to learn the Christian bible, and if I didn't answer the questions correct about today's lecture I wasn't fed.

I escaped after 1 month, hoped the fence and went homeless after my dad gave me a job LOL.

-----

If it there's a way for me to scientifically delete the first ever memory of me having my first buzz, or trying out meth for the fist time it'll be awesome.

If so how did you do it?
Sorry but there’s no do-overs for that department,,
I’m no good at stopping just one thing and continuing to do others so tried stopping everything and even went a step further cause I was desperate I cut everybody except my employer out of my life,( family,friends….) and I went to meetings,lotsa meetings
It worked .

some rehabs have different approaches so you gotta do research ,differ3nt places may treat certain substances only, so you gotta check, If you volunteered for a drug treatment facility and didn’t like it you should have been able to walk right out after signing yourself out

yeah - keep drinking til your glutamate/gaba systems are completely destroyed and you realize "it's early death by liver failure / choking on my own bile by 50 while experiencing life shattering DTs, or i could just not" it gets way easier past this point.

yeah - keep drinking til your glutamate/gaba systems are completely destroyed and you realize "it's early death by liver failure / choking on my own bile by 50 while experiencing life shattering DTs, or i could just not" it gets way easier past this point.
Holly crap, my doctor did tell me that my glutamate levels where high, but I never actually paid attention to it

I've been almost binge drinking my self to sleep every day for the past 5 years.

I'm still alive tho would this affect me?

Holly crap, my doctor did tell me that my glutamate levels where high, but I never actually paid attention to it

I've been almost binge drinking my self to sleep every day for the past 5 years.

I'm still alive tho would this affect me?
you're in for some rude awakenings over the next 10 years. of course. it downregulates gaba/upregs glutamate over time which can cause seizures and death IE DTs... do you get shaky in the mornings after drinking? intense anxiety? feel like world coming to get you/murder you? Bright colors/tracers -- if yes to these things you need to re-examine your drinking immediately before it's not a choice you get to make on your own.

Some Doctors prescribe Antabuse which makes a person sick if they drink ethanol. That combined with support group meetings like SMART Recovery or Alchoholics Anonymous is a common way people who are ready to stop stop. Generally, if a person is not personally ready to stop, it does them no good to enforce constraints onto them before they are ready and may just be counterproductive. My two cents. Peace.

Some Doctors prescribe Antabuse which makes a person sick if they drink ethanol. That combined with support group meetings like SMART Recovery or Alchoholics Anonymous is a common way people who are ready to stop stop. Generally, if a person is not personally ready to stop, it does them no good to enforce constraints onto them before they are ready and may just be counterproductive. My two cents. Peace.
that's why i recommended skipping straight to drinking until you are in serious peril. at least for me it absolutely took getting to that point before i would take it seriously. seems like a lot of people feel this way about EToH

you're in for some rude awakenings over the next 10 years. of course. it downregulates gaba/upregs glutamate over time which can cause seizures and death IE DTs... do you get shaky in the mornings after drinking? intense anxiety? feel like world coming to get you/murder you? Bright colors/tracers -- if yes to these things you need to re-examine your drinking immediately before it's not a choice you get to make on your own.
Nope I don't get any of these

Nope I don't get any of these
good. watch for those signs. ethanol dts often don't get really noticeable for 48 hours, so if you aren't giving a couple days in between here or there - do - if you start getting those symptoms, discontinue use. because it's excitotoxic brain damage and shit gets worse, not better. some people never get it. it's a genetic thing.

I'm just curious

Same with meth.

-------

Don't get me wrong

-----

If so how did you do it?

I believe there is a machine capable of these feats, but... many have persihed trying to acquire it.... it's...

Seriously though, rehabilitation has become something of a tainted word in our modern society, for we have abused its definition and twisted it to such groteseque lengths that it no longer has meaning. We rehabilitate criminals, rehabilitate fiends and occasionally, former communists, but alas, we really don't do any of these very well at all, as history has shown.

The hard truth is that you can't "make" people do these things, you have to "convince" them to do it themselves. It is not so much that the love of family and friends can't be helpful so much as perhaps this whole intervention/rehab culture needs to be reformed into something that works.

You can't convince somebody to want life. They have to find that meaning themselves and when you're a drug addict, strung out on Methamphetamine, Benzos, Heroin and Hookers that is like trying to locate a marble in the middle of a hurrican in the atlantic ocean. You need to "find out" yourself. This is the spark that begins everything. To be forced into such a thing is not possible and we are learning this in spades as a culture through our shortcomings.

You can't reignite that lust for life through 90 days in Sonoma wine country or fucking Dolphins in the Dominican Republic at some elite rehab facility. It's a much lower level, internal, grassroots thing. The thing is though, this makes it much, much simpler really.

Last edited:
Guys I'm going to be closing this imminently. It's my fault for letting it go for as long as it has, but it just doesn't have the legs required for true Harm Redudction. This is another one of this particular users drug curiousity threads. I cannot say that anyone has done anything wrong here, but we are not saving lives by contributing to this. Thoughts?

Was... influenced last night and worded it kinda strong...

Never been to US rehabs. I hope theyre good. Ive heard many not good rehabs are like that. More than cults I was meaning people who abuse their power.

Probably referring to how 12 step makes you admit you have no power and that a higher power over you is the path to salvation. It kinds of forces religion on ppl.
Spiritual and religious are two differ3nt things ,” it’s a simple program for complicated people” I don’t don’t recall a meeting/detox/rehab using force in any way, please share your experience…..

NA ask that you only have an open mind , Here’s a trick to get anyone past the “ God thing “ in NA , anytime you hear about God or a power greater than themselves “ just substitute it for “ if I get to a meeting it’ll help me stay clean today” instead . Seriously,it’ll work, I never bought into the God thing either but I was willing to “ try something different “ here we are12 years later…….

Last edited:
12 step programs are mind control cults, but I think he was referring to the rehabs in Indiana (where Mike Pence was governor)? The rehabs there try to take obviously gay men, and “convert” them into believing they’re straight.
12 step programs are mind control cults, but I think he was referring to the rehabs in Indiana (where Mike Pence was governor)? The rehabs there try to take obviously gay men, and “convert” them into believing they’re straight.
I went to a detox in South Bend it was 12 step based, I left two hours after signing in cause I was dopesick and they gave no comfort meds, I was traveling from Phoenix to NY but stuck with the trucker in Indiana for the weekend ,why would a gay man walk into a rehab asking to be straight ? Lol . I believe your referring to a place that rich parents sent their gay kids too, ( perform an exorcism on being gay 🤣🤣🤣) brilliant short term business opportunity !

As far as the whole mind control goes just substitute “ fuck you and your mind control” anytime you hear about God or anything related to spirituality in a meeting just don’t use that day and get to a meeting that’s all that matters , correct ?

Baclofen is the medication to investigate for alcoholism, no question. It seems to be a minefield for people in many countries to find prescribing doctors. Most GPs i wld guess wont have experience prescribing it for alcoholism. Wish you all the best with it, im guessing those forums and this forum might help find a doc.

Resources

From The End of My Addiction by Olivier Ameisen M.D.
Even in the best scenario, anticraving agents such as naltrexone, acamprosate, and topiramate leave patients in an active disease state, in which they still must struggle, sometimes hour after hour, against addictive craving and obsessive thoughts of the addictive substance or behavior, symptoms that carry the risk of relapse and death. Moreover, these medications do not relieve the underlying dysphoria, such as preexisting anxiety or depression, that makes so many people vulnerable to addiction. In terms of the WHO’s definition of health, they reduce, but do not eliminate, the impairment and disability of addiction, and they do not promote well-being by relieving chronic dysphoria.

Among addiction medicines, baclofen is unique to date in showing the ability to suppress, as opposed to reduce, motivation to consume alcohol, cocaine, heroin, nicotine, and amphetamine in animal studies. It is also unique among addiction medicines in its beneficial effect on dysphoria in human patients.

As I have already described, I postulated in 2003 that baclofen’s dose-dependent ability to suppress animals’ motivation to consume addictive substances could be transposed to human beings, and that baclofen would additionally promote well-being because of its effect on my underlying anxiety. I tested the postulate by self-experimenting with high-dose baclofen. My self-case report, “Complete and prolonged suppression of symptoms and consequences of alcohol-dependence using high-dose baclofen: a self-case report of a physician,” described the success of the experiment, called for randomized trials of high-dose baclofen, and proposed a new treatment model for addiction, “integrating cure and well-being”: “suppression of substance-dependence symptoms with alleviation of comorbid anxiety,” or in more general terms, “the blockade of the clinical expression of addiction symptoms with simultaneous relief of underlying dysphoria.” (See the appendix for the complete report.)

Subsequently, I have proposed in articles published in peer-reviewed medical journals, and in personal communications with members of the addiction research and treatment community, that anticraving agents should be classified as either craving-reduction agents (CRAs) or craving-suppression agents (CSAs). CRAs, including low-dose baclofen, do not raise addicted patients to the threshold of true remission. They keep patients in the disease, so to speak, whereas high-dose baclofen took me out of the disease of alcoholism and freed me from all its symptoms and consequences.

So far, high-dose baclofen is the only known CSA, but more CSAs should be sought and studied. No medication works effectively for everyone, and baclofen is surely no exception.