• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do addicts get through cold turkey

I locked myself in the house and slept for days on the couch and once I was feeling better I kept really busy cooking and watching Netflix. That was meth though

I have never done heroin but I have cold turkey off of oxy . I was doing 40-60 mg a day. The worse is the restless legs and no sleep. Took a A ton of hot baths , it’s the only time my legs felt normal . A weighted blanket helps at night . Tried to drink and eat as much as I could and used loperamide daily to avoid bathroom problems , I only took like 10 mg a day . The bad mood and restlessness is the worse part , hours feel like days but it does eventually pass . Long walks, hot baths and Tylenol and i made it thru in about a week.

I need some tips, I wanna come off heroin cold turkey, no comfort meds

Have you done a rattle before Ganjcat? If not, then its doable - just. The first time is the easiest. It's still fuckin hell, but because you don't know what to expect you have to take each day as it comes. But you need to be really strong willed and not have any access to your 'medicine'. If you relapse, you're back to square one and it gets harder everytime.

I really hope you can do it, but if you can't then there is no shame in seeking help. A methadone taper really does work, but it can take years to get off - but even that is preferable to the life you're living now.

All the best (y)

Just start your withdrawl, and take 10 loperamide (immoddium) or more when it starts. In 15-30 minutes, you should be completely physically cured.

I did and many others that I have helped in this way. Experience it for yourself and please help all others you can if they struggle in the same way.

Why would you want to do it cold turkey the objective is to get of using. Get some lyrica it will take most of the wd away. But please stop using the lyrica after 5 days. My first detox was ct and no way is it a good experience if nothing else get some meds for the anxiety and some lopermide

Just start your withdrawl, and take 10 loperamide (immoddium) or more when it starts. In 15-30 minutes, you should be completely physically cured.

I did and many others that I have helped in this way. Experience it for yourself and please help all others you can if they struggle in the same way.

"Physically cured"? Don't you mean "it will alleviate SOME of the physical symptoms"? There's the psychological anguish to deal with as well...

I'm gonna call bullshit on that - if it were only so simple. Maybe that works if you are detoxing from a super rough habit of two whole Tylenol 1s a day, but any career dope head will have tried loperamide and can tell you it ain't a cure.

Loperamide for me doesn't do squat, even at stupid high doses.

No, if done correct, it heals and cures your whole addiction. If you stay psychologically addicted, that's a different story.

Yes, the psychological addiction is the hardest to beat, but I'm talking about the mental anguish of withdrawal itself - the crushing depression, the crippling anxiety, the feeling of being stuck in a bad acid trip for days. IME, loperamide can help alleviate the nausea and stomach cramps, but that's about it...

Last edited:
From a physiological perspective, loperamide is just another mu-agonist compound. If anything, the same qualities that make it useful as an aid in withdrawal could prolong dependency by keeping some of your opioid receptors artificially active instead of letting them return to normal levels of functioning.

I wanna come off heroin
First: Loving the avatar gotta post on that. :)
Next: from codeine to H? How "bad" is it and frequency?
How long, bruv? Damn it make me kinda down.
Love

OT:
Go through it and get over it.

I used 100gr of heroin # 3 , consecutively, insufflated. for several months or longer and when I was so sick that I was honestly suicidal and busy trying to kill myself, after two weeks, i somehow asked for help on bluelight and someone told me this. I tried it
There were 10 10mg loperamide and i took all em them and it didn't take long before i was completely cured.

Maybe it doesn't work for everyone but it saved my life and I am still thankfull to this day.

I used 100gr of heroin # 3 , consecutively, insufflated. for several months or longer and when I was so sick that I was honestly suicidal and busy trying to kill myself, after two weeks, i somehow asked for help on bluelight and someone told me this. I tried it
There were 10 10mg loperamide and i took all em them and it didn't take long before i was completely cured.

Maybe it doesn't work for everyone but it saved my life and I am still thankfull to this day.

Do you mean 100g in total over several months using daily? If so, then that's not a massive habit and #3 isn't very effective when insufflated, so perhaps your physical dependence wasnt as bad as you thought. I find it hard to believe that one administration of 100mg loperamide 'cured' your addiction...

I absolutely don't want to deny your experience - in fact I have heard of several cases where individuals could manage opioid withdrawal of impressive intensity, simply by changing their environment. There's stories of people who end up stuck on a 2-day business trip or whatever, away from their dealer, and somehow power through just by keeping themselves busy with other things. And I think William S. Burroughs claimed that he used apomorphine as a cure, in a similar fashion - though again, I don't know if I think that would work for everyone.

With the right mindset, you can absolutely make opioid withdrawal much easier, but I think you are lucker than most when it comes to that. Some people, it seems, will still suffer withdrawals even with a can-do, positive attitude.

My personal reccomendation for the closest thing to a "cure" would be a nice bolus of ibogaine. Alternatively, a heap of dissociatives can make the experience very tolerable, at the price of being a wobbly loony.

atleast i think it is #3 ...the light brown powder/ bricks, for IV, nasal, smoking, (anal?) etc.....I have never heard of black tar heroin or ever seen it : s

My friends die because their heroin is sometimes too pure and when they can't properly mix it with god knows what, they OD and die. : (

The first Time i actually attempted to gold turkey at the 50hr Mark apart from the shits i started to projectile vomit AND having really bad stomach cramps. i took 10mg loperamide AND 60% of it was gone within 1-2hrs. I swear loperamide AND gabapentin or lyrica are basic aids. U dont have to suffer unnecesarely. if u attempt to ct, well good luck on thst Is gonna be really rough.

atleast i think it is #3 ...the light brown powder/ bricks, for IV, nasal, smoking, (anal?) etc.....I have never heard of black tar heroin or ever seen it : s

My friends die because their heroin is sometimes too pure and when they can't properly mix it with god knows what, they OD and die. : (

Depends where you are mate tbh. If you're in UK/Europe then its likely to be #3 - especially if it needs acidifying to dissolve for IV.

#3 is nowhere near as effective intranasally as it is smoked or IVd.

#4 doesn't smoke well but can be snorted and IVd without acidifying

However, I've just noted in another thread your query about novel opioids. Seems like loperamide wasnt quite as effective in curing your addiction as you claim... ;)