• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health How did you treat your social anxiety/depression?

I have very similar problems as the OP and I'm thinking of going down this route. How often would you take LSD?

At the height of my usage I'd take it once a week, but that was too often IMO. You may only need to take it once in order to get lasting positive results, but (IMHO) if you enjoy the effects of the drug and want to make it a regular thing, once a month is the best dosing schedule. (This is highly variable, though, that should go without saying)

Also, if you decide to take LSD, make sure that you have at least 24 hours of free time with no pressing responsibilities.

At the height of my usage I'd take it once a week, but that was too often IMO. You may only need to take it once in order to get lasting positive results, but (IMHO) if you enjoy the effects of the drug and want to make it a regular thing, once a month is the best dosing schedule. (This is highly variable, though, that should go without saying)

Also, if you decide to take LSD, make sure that you have at least 24 hours of free time with no pressing responsibilities.

Thanks for the info. What are the chances of a bad trip? Am I more likely to get a bad trip if I'm in a shit mood and take it?

Klonopin and Lexapro are my regular meds that help for social anxiety, general anxiety and depression.

Of course I've self medicated with everything from alcohol to Kratom to weed to Phenibut to Prolintane to Dexadrine and other things.

how do i treat my social anxiety and depression?

i take a lot of pharmaceuticals that a terrific team of inpatient and outpatient psychiatrists have put together with me working with them and my treatment team for years to achieve the net result. i trust my MD's to make the decisions about all these chemicals, even how much f*king tylenol i should take, i never pretend to know more than them, especially from reading some bullshit on the internet or seeing one of these crap ass 'how did it pass the FCC advertising bureau' pharmaceutical advertisements in the US on TV, i see a therapist each week, or as often as it takes, he is linked into my treatment team, i have an outreach worker with the Visiting Nurse Service of NY, I have a case worker with the NYS Court System to facilitate any possible incidents with law enforcement, i am registered to be seen in mental health court in the city of New York as a mentally ill citizen in case of situations involving law enforcement and odd behavior out of my control, and i work hard as part of my own treatment team, requesting these resources, participating in them, going to group when necessary for the prescribed amount of time (group was always stupid, until one day, you finally get it, and it works - just keep trying), and I journal my therapy, medications and effects over the course of treatment for analysis by my treatment team.

finally, i sit my butt in front of my laptop and write quite a bit. really about whatever. but whatever is important. so i write, and it always helps. sometimes i even print it and share it with my therapist. which helps too. but just getting it out onto the screen is very therapeutic, so in my case, i always hit 'save'.

only a patient willing to put forth some effort on their behalf as well will succeed, otherwise you will always find something to be miserable about, IMO your lack of participation leaving you feeling helpless and hopeless with no control over your future.

i do not use street drugs. i do not use friends drugs. i do not take more than prescribed. i do not end the month with an excess or a shortage of any of my medications, i follow my dosage schedule whether or not i feel fine or not, as that is critical, and i am honest with my treatment providers, whom prescribe me a seriously large amount of extremely potent drugs, many that are wanted on the street, where they do not go. if i do not need them any more, i do not stock pile and sell, etc, i tell my treatment providers, and they take me off of them. if your going to be prescribed some of the more effective medications, you can't think like a drug addict. that is just a recipe for disaster. every time.

part of wanting to feel better is being honest with yourself, your treatment team and your situation. it does work.

best of luck.

I treat my social anxiety with kratom with red veins like bali or borneo,but a white vein that I tryed (white thai) is good too, not anxiolytics effects like red vein but boost your mood and provide you energy, can help with the depression I think. The depression symptoms for me that is another story, I have them due a chronic pain and a poor social life, and due a existencial crisis too. I have good days sometimes, another days really bad, but the life goes on. Try looking for a good psychoterapist, this can help some people.

The oxycodone could help with social anxiety a lot too, but IMO not worth end with a strong addiction by that. Someday you will need detoxicate from it, you will pass by hell and later you will be in the inflection point. In a long term will be the same, but with another problem extra.