• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How did you get into the rave scene?

Only read the original post but homie if ur still looking for advice here it is. I got into it cuz I have friends that were. But let me tell u.

My last event I went to, I could not fin ONE person who was available or wanted to go, I ended up going by myself ANYWAY because I got the tickets free from my dj friend who was playing that night.

At the start in the line I didn't talk to much, tho did make some casual convos with some people. But by the tome u get in there, people in the scene r so PLUR (peace, love, unity, respect, just in case u rnt deep into it enough to know what it's about) that people were calling me over and inviting me to join their group! Everyone is either really happy or rolling and happy so they are the most friendly joyous people u ever met. I got all their facbooks too an some of us stay friends for real even after the night was over, not to mention all the awesome lights music and dancing ur missing out on!!!

If ur really worried about anxiety I say get a pocket full of thizz, pop one before u go by yourself And I PROMISE u. Within the first 30 minutes of arriving u will have met (possibly local) friends who are way way chill and will have a blast.

GO

Haha, thanks for the reassurance dude. I'm going, and here's hoping a similar situation unfolds :D

lol yeah that was probably me with the vicks at good 2 glow...i had the inhaler and the vaporub haha! although i wasn't at USC, totally wished i could have gone but i was broke. i was at freedom equals anarchy and showtek in seattle giving out glove/orbit shows so you might have got a show from me there!

Yeah wasn't sure about USC but was almost sure it was you from good 2 glow. I totally didn't know what the deal was with the Vicks yet then... all I knew was it felt fantastic lol. Anyway someday I'll hit 50 posts and PM you or something. Probably don't need to take over this thread too much...

BUT to the OP, and I mean this whole convo sorta relates... that good 2 glow was my first rave - had been to EDM shows a lot before, Coachella, just other shows around town, etc. - but had never rolled before Coachella this last year. Kinda changed things a bit :).

I arrived with one other person and left with 3 phone numbers, even more friends on facebook, 2 people who I hang out with at least weekly and apparently ran into some random dude with Vicks from the drug forum I stumbled on. Go, roll, and have the time of your life :). There's never been a scene I've so instantly felt so much a part of.

Ok, so I definitely think you should go alone to something where you will enjoy the music because then if you end up being too shy or intimidated to speak to people you can still have a good time dancing. Most dj's have mixes online so look at who's playing the events that sound good to you, listen to the dj's stuff that is online and pick one based on the music.

Also, if you keep going to events with a certain kind of music it is inevitable that you will start to meet people. Even in NY where people can be more closed off and less open to new people, after you are a familiar face you will make friends.

I actually tried to stay somewhat incognito in the party scene because I didn't want to get involved in a "scene"--I just like music and dancing. But after a few months of going out to things I have a ton of friends from partying. And some drama, lol...
With stuff like facebook too, you can meet people and rsvp to events.

Good luck! and don't give up if you don't meet people right away :) it might take a little while.

I grew up in a small town in Lousiana, no one was into the rave scene. We always had bonfires or house parties where everyone was drinking and smoking up, but nobody I knew was into raves or MDMA, except my cousin who I hadn't hung out with much before.

One weekend she asked me if I wanted to go to a reave with her, I was always curious about it so I went. I never had so much fun in my life. It was so awesome to see everyone so nice and caring for each other, as opposed to my normal group where there was always some kind of fight or drama by the end of the night.

A few months later I had my first MDMA experience (described in another thread), and I've been in and around the scene ever since. I actually ended up getting alot of my friends into it as well, and then we met others going around to raves and parties.

Check around clubs and stuff in your area and you'll inevitably meet some people into the scene, they are usually more than welcome to help you find your way around!

You can also check out the big outdoor music festivals, most have several genres of music, and there's always electronic artists/DJs playing, along with lots of people following them. You'll always hear about other events and shows while you're there, and it's a great place to meet people.

I stumbled upon it through other friends that are really into the scene, they go to raves like every weekend. It's honestly not my "scene" because I go for the music, and nothing else.