• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How dangerous is it to mix benzos and alcohol?

Jumberlack

Greenlighter
i guess i should have asked this before i did it, but i took 2mg klonopin and 5mg valium and so far have had about 3 drinks. how dangerous is this?

well your good now but id say chill for the night. that much wont kill ya but its not good to be mixing cns depressants.

3 drinks of what? regardless no its not safe to combine these two, and depending on your benzo tolerance/alcohol tolerance it could easily cause a black out, if this isn't something you do often.. I once blacked out for hours, was totally inebriated and unconscious, but stable thankfully and had no respiratory depression according to my friend who was there.. I had a low benzo tolerance at the time, just took Xanax and klonopin here and there.. but one night took 4mg of Xanax, and drank a four loko(never fucking again, fuck those things I hate those drinks) and within 10-20 mins I went from faded to just in a trance totally knocked out asleep.. could have easily ended in disaster if I had had more than I did of either or both alcohol and Xanax.. doesn't matter which benzo it is, they will all be very much potentiated by alcohol! Keep someone around to watch you just in case if at all possible, in case anything does go wrong..