• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How dangerous is it to IV pills?

RicardoMontoya

Bluelighter
I've been having this thought popping up in my head, of crushing an oxy pill, add water and IV it. But I'm super scared of IVing pills as I don't want to end up with a clogged vein or something serious

It's just a bad idea in general, you should be scared of it. When you IV you are putting huge particles into your blood that aren't meant to be there, these things damage, destroy, and clog critical blood vessels, which as you can imagine is not good for you. On top of the long term damage there is also the everpresent risk of abscess and amputations if your methods and sterilization is not flawless, and even if they are, the risk never goes away.

Injection can also become an addiction in itself. People get deep into the ritual, it throws another massive layer of danger and addiction onto drug use.

This is a very dark path to go down, it will lead to a lot of pain for no benefit. People justify IV use because it's a more efficient way to use most drugs. But you'll find that in very short order you'll run into the same issue of tolerance and greatly reduced euphoria.

With oxycodone it's an even worse idea because the oral bioavailability of oxy is right around 90%, so you aren't gaining enough to justify the massive risk. If you want a little extra kick to your oxy then try plugging, it's 1000's of times safer than IV and will give a faster and harder hitting come up.

I know we can't stop you at the end of the day. If you do decide to inject you will need micron filters, this will reduce the damage by a little but will still leave you with all of the major risks of IV use. Once again, I beg you not to go down this route, it's not worth it.

Last edited:
I had my doctor switch me from 10/325 oxycodone to 10 mg IR which are better for shooting but I still run them thru a wheel filter , I throw three in at a time and even though the solution looks clear the micron filter will sometimes clog which just shows you how much shit they remove from the solution,

I was getting the pink 10’s which mix cleaner than the white ones which leaves more junk in the cooker.
The thought of shooting Tylenol doesn’t appeal to me

If you never tried shooting before I’d suggest you don’t get started …

Dangerous enough to not do it-trombosis,sepsis,heart&kidney problems-it all could come with improper filtering....and some tamper resistant pills are not propriate at all for i.v.

I've been having this thought popping up in my head, of crushing an oxy pill, add water and IV it. But I'm super scared of IVing pills as I don't want to end up with a clogged vein or something serious
There's a reason why a pill is a pill and not a solution. It's not meant to be injected.

You will be injecting insoluble particulates and if these clog up crucial blood vessels, it can cause a stroke, cardial infarction or pulmonary embolism.
I shot up tabs a few times, then decided it wasn't worth the risk or the faff to make it halfway safe (ie filtering multiple times), and I'm one of those guys with a needle fixation who will shoot just about anything. Don't do it ffs