• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How dangerous is it to inject dilaudid pills though a PICC line?

Rylan52

Greenlighter
I?m severely chronically sick from multiple conditions (all related) and I?ve been on IV dilaudid for 3 years now because for one it works better than pills but also because I have a gene defect that effects the way my body processes medication, certain medications I don?t process at all, some I only absorb some of the medication, some build up in my system over time or some I process very quickly so it doesn?t last as long as it should.
But due to the major shortage on dilaudid and hospitals having first priority on getting the medication I can no longer get the IV so I was forced to start weaning on a 12 day supply after 3 years of taking it every 3 hours (sometimes at night I would go longer) so obviously that?s not enough for me to be able to properly wean so I got a script for some pills so hopefully I could at least get a little bit of it in my system but it wasn?t working and I was having severe withdrawal symptoms and I got desperate so I did some research on injecting the pills and decided to go ahead and try it. Everything I?m using is sterile, I crush up the pill with the plunger of a sterile syringe and of course I don?t touch anywhere near that area once I?ve crushed it I mix it with a ml of 0.9% sodium clorhide (a saline flush used to flush medication through a line or just used on its own to keep the line open) and then I mix it up using the end of a sterile syringe (with the cap still on the needle) and then when I draw it up I use a small piece of cotton (about the size of a pea before it gets wet) to filter out the binders in the pill and I?m left with a crystal clear solution and when I first did it I waited a bit before taking it just to make sure I did in fact get all the binders out and I did or I believe I did since the solution in the syringe didn?t change like there wasn?t any parts that solidified or anything like that it was still crystal clear with nothing in it. Is this really stupid for me to be doing? Is it safe or how dangerous is it? If so is it just because I?m using my picc line or would you say the same thing if I was injecting it into a vein? I?ve read a post on here about someone else doing it with a PICC and a lot of people said not to do it through the PICC to just inject it but no one said why not to use the PICC and instead to inject it?
Any helpful info is very much appreciated. Thanks.