• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How dangerous is amphetamine overdose?

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
I recently took an eight of amphetamine and alcohol within an 8 hour period I was chasing the initial rush it felt like the effects were wearing off but I guess not the last bomb i took caused me to have what felt like a heart attack where I was dizzy and light headed had pain I’m my chest and arms and felt sick I kept getting palpitations as well where it felt like my heart was jumping out of my chest and my hole body would shake and jolt and I couldn’t breath It was scary I treated it with benzos and it helped it but it quite a bit so how close was I to dying or was I just sketching out

Not too sure about certain death but probably pretty close to a heart attack or cardiac arrest.

Ive had similar feeling from phet when I've IV'd a little too much. Not nice. I also treated it with benzos. And alot of Ketamine to take my mind off of it lol

I think the boundary between "had to much" and "certain death" is actually very very wide unless the person has underlying health conditions and heart problems. It's not too hard to overamp and be very very uncomfortable, but that's a long way from dying for most people. Although there are real dangers with neurotoxicity especially as your body temperature rises.

When, in the past now, I IV'd I'd often feel like my heart and head were going to explode and sometimes I would massively overheat and start pouring sweat but in less than half an hour of lying down and keeping still and taking deep breaths my body would have adjusted and I'd be fine but totally sketched out for the next 12 hours. A lot of the "fear of death" is actually anxiety / panic rather than the phyisical effect of the amphetamine on the body, so if you can get a grip on yourself, you soon feel better.

All that said, I don't want to diminish the dangers of overdoses and if someone feels they have OD'd then calling paramedics or going to the ER is the sensible thing to do. However, they'll give you benzos and oxygen and tell you to be calm and breathe slowly which is worth trying. What they do that you can't do at home by yourself, is monitor your cardiac activity.

Yeah I've OD'd on speed and it feels A LOT worse than a Coke OD! The impending doom u get is absolutely terrifying.

Yeah I've OD'd on speed and it feels A LOT worse than a Coke OD! The impending doom u get is absolutely terrifying.
Any "responsible" (lol) speed addict owes it to themselves to always keep a few benzos around for such a scenario, whether or not the symptoms are real or imagined.

Any "responsible" (lol) speed addict owes it to themselves to always keep a few benzos around for such a scenario, whether or not the symptoms are real or imagined.
Yea lucky I had some otherwise I would have went hospital I had pain in my arms neck and belly felt sick could barley walk felt like my heart was gonna jump out my chest with pain and kept twitching and my vision went weird and I kept having audio hallucinations Wasntvpleasntb I had to try and keep still as deep breaths cool myself down with a fan as I was drenched in sweat took some Valium and waited for it to do its magic then I was fine so it just goes to show it’s mostly just in ur mind and the more u think ur dying the more you increase heart rate I’m young and healthy so should be fine butbwithout downers the rate my heartbeat going at was pretty dangerous

Yea lucky I had some otherwise I would have went hospital I had pain in my arms neck and belly felt sick could barley walk felt like my heart was gonna jump out my chest with pain and kept twitching and my vision went weird and I kept having audio hallucinations Wasntvpleasntb I had to try and keep still as deep breaths cool myself down with a fan as I was drenched in sweat took some Valium and waited for it to do its magic then I was fine so it just goes to show it’s mostly just in ur mind and the more u think ur dying the more you increase heart rate I’m young and healthy so should be fine butbwithout downers the rate my heartbeat going at was pretty dangerous

Your experience mirrors the physical symptoms that I used to go through on every comedown when I first started using meth. Horrible nausea, vomiting, vertigo, aches and pains, and tingling all over my body. A large part of it likely stemmed from the fact that it was, by today's standards, really nasty biker crank.
BUT.. really it comes from just being new to the drug and not knowing what to expect or how to cope with the extremely negative feelings during a crash, physical or otherwise. So naturally your mind is gonna run with all of it and you end up giving yourself a panic attack and perceived symptoms begin to snowball in your head. Your body is also not adjusted so it's working on detox overdrive to metabolize what it assumes is poison.

Last edited:
Imo really depends on how sever the overdose is

It can be anything from feeling your heart racing faster than usual to causing you to have a heart attack and die

So it can be pretty bad

Sound to me like you had a small to moderate amphetamine overdose

One time I did rectal cocaine and first time shot like .4 to far in so i shot another .4 up the rectum in the right spot and they both hit at the same time and let me tell you I thought I was gonna die I was having a racing heart so fast prally over 200 beats per minute I almost went to the hospital I was scared lol

I don't like how much my friends downplay doing too much of this... some even say you can't overdose on crys. You can very much overdose and it will kill you. Even if you are not dying, you are still putting an unbelievable amount of stress on your heart and what's really the difference in dying right then and dying like a year later with congestive heart failure? People who have huge tolerances to this drug and shoot gram shots etc think that there is no overdose. But if you give these doses to someone who is not adapted to them, they can die, or they will have a really really bad time. It's happened to me multiple times when people gave me a stupid amount dose in a shot thinking oh well I do this so can he DUHRRRR. And I had to go to the hospital because yeah the affects you had my heart rate was like 200bpm and my heart was throwing PVCS etc. No one wants to go through that even if they don't die.

Well, amphetamine is neurotoxic and cardiotoxic, to name a couple. Consistent use is certainly dangerous. It is up there with the most harmful psychoactive chemicals, or at least of the most common ones.

I have never been a stimulant user, but I have experimented with a bit of everything.

On personal level, I overdosed the first time I tried it. I decided to ingest an 8 ball, or 3.5 grams instead of being caught with it and facing incarceration. I called an ambulance immediately, but everything went white and I collapsed before the ambulance arrived. I almost died, and most certainly gave myself some level of heart damage. I was given IV lorazepam via central line because my veins kept blowing out due to my heightened blood pressure, for 24 hours. I was also given a cat scan to see if I had brain damage. I came out of it okay, I suppose.

That experience was enough to keep me away from it permanently. I also do not like people who take that drug. It does terrible things to one's personality.

Well, amphetamine is neurotoxic and cardiotoxic, to name a couple. Consistent use is certainly dangerous. It is up there with the most harmful psychoactive chemicals, or at least of the most common ones.

I have never been a stimulant user, but I have experimented with a bit of everything.

On personal level, I overdosed the first time I tried it. I decided to ingest an 8 ball, or 3.5 grams instead of being caught with it and facing incarceration. I called an ambulance immediately, but everything went white and I collapsed before the ambulance arrived. I almost died, and most certainly gave myself some level of heart damage. I was given IV lorazepam via central line because my veins kept blowing out due to my heightened blood pressure, for 24 hours. I was also given a cat scan to see if I had brain damage. I came out of it okay, I suppose.

That experience was enough to keep me away from it permanently. I also do not like people who take that drug. It does terrible things to one's personality.

😐 .............I mean, yeah, but wait until you start having fun on it.....

Your experience mirrors the physical symptoms that I used to go through on every comedown when I first started using meth. Horrible nausea, vomiting, vertigo, aches and pains, and tingling all over my body. A large part of it likely stemmed from the fact that it was, by today's standards, really nasty biker crank.
BUT.. really it comes from just being new to the drug and not knowing what to expect or how to cope with the extremely negative feelings during a crash, physical or otherwise. So naturally your mind is gonna run with all of it and you end up giving yourself a panic attack and perceived symptoms begin to snowball in your head. Your body is also not adjusted so it's working on detox overdrive to metabolize what it assumes is poison.
It wasn’t a Comedown mate this all came on after I had my last bomb and Licked the bag I’ve overdosed on iv coke before and this felt more intense my body would jolt with my heart palpitations and it was painful in my chest arms and neck it came backhappened a bit later on as well but Not as intense I took even more benzos and chilled me heart out I know that it’s quite hard to die from speed but there is always that thought in the back of your mind where you think you’ve done it this time my problem is after the initial high evens out I’m just stimulated and can even feel like your your sober at times but it’s not the case and find forcing your self to eat something or have a shower can bring you back up and if you redose to much euphoria goes away and you’ve can overamp that’s why i pefer Coke I think As if you take too much you justvwait it out although it’s more dangerous

One time I shot cocaine wich I don't believe is an amphetamine but anyway I shot a whole gram and it was so weird my heart wasn't racing or I just didn't notuce it i just got super spaced out and couldn't walk had no sense of depth perception and couldn't really talk for 20-30 minutes it was insane

I recently took an eight of amphetamine and alcohol within an 8 hour period I was chasing the initial rush it felt like the effects were wearing off but I guess not the last bomb i took caused me to have what felt like a heart attack where I was dizzy and light headed had pain I’m my chest and arms and felt sick I kept getting palpitations as well where it felt like my heart was jumping out of my chest and my hole body would shake and jolt and I couldn’t breath It was scary I treated it with benzos and it helped it but it quite a bit so how close was I to dying or was I just sketching out
Okay, i know a dude who went to hospital when he came down because his heart couldn't take it. Coming down is more dangerous than going up doing speed.

One time I shot cocaine wich I don't believe is an amphetamine but anyway I shot a whole gram and it was so weird my heart wasn't racing or I just didn't notuce it i just got super spaced out and couldn't walk had no sense of depth perception and couldn't really talk for 20-30 minutes it was insane
Sounds like when I shoot a gram of ket lol

Vertigo is pretty usual on the go with amphétamine/stimulant use when you push the drug too Much, a bit like when you make a gigantic effort and get out of breath. When sudden sweating sets in, especially along anxiety and a foggy mind, you need to start worrying, aka call an ambulance. I've had a heart attack, and there was no signs before I got it, but I survived, while on the other hand I've reached limits no one ever will, with vertigo, stupor, a numb left-side of body and vasoconstriction, on some occasions, especially Ephylone IV, and I can tell you redosing a bomb of speed 8h after dosing won't kill you. You must have had a panick attack which causes unease in the chest and a feeling of doom.

The post dangereuse thing with amphétamine overdose is reckless behaviour

Last edited: