• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how dangerous are tramadol?

livinginahaze

Bluelighter
ive had tramadol only a couple times before but im about to get a 75 pill script. knowing myself i'll be taking them everyday until i run out. ive heard some people get physically dependent on them, how fast does that happen and is the withdrawal bad? also how many mgs is safe for someone with no tolerance to them?

taper off, maybe have a few benzos handy towards the end, 75 shouldn't do much harm :)

i find tramadol to be much less addictive then other opiates / opioids, personally.. not to say it might be different for you. i get some effect from them, IF i have a low tolerance. if i have any tolerance at all, i feel absolutely nothing from tramadol, even at the max dosage. they are over the counter where i live, and i can get an unlimited supply, but i find myself rarely using them.. maybe once a week or so. i get a little relaxed, a little warm glow.. nothing major or intense, but it can be pleasant. i have used them for a week straight when i had both sides of my wisdom teeth removed, and i found they did nothing for pain. advil was more effective for pain. but after that week, i had a little runny nose for one day, that was the worst i experienced.

The danger in Tramadol lies mostly in its atypical overdose symptoms, specifically that you'll suffer serotonin syndrome (seizures, hyperthermia, delirium) since the drug is simultaneously an opioid and an SNRI-type antidepressant (which serves to increase its pain-killing effects in therapeutic doses).

Tramadol is especially risky if you're on certain antidepressants like Prozac - you'll need more Tramadol to get high (as Prozac interferes with an enzyme needed to de-methylate Tramadol into a metabolite with stronger opioid effects) and less Tramadol to suffer a seizure (since you're already fucking around with your serotonin levels).

i find tramadol to be much less addictive then other opiates / opioids, personally.. not to say it might be different for you. i get some effect from them, IF i have a low tolerance. if i have any tolerance at all, i feel absolutely nothing from tramadol, even at the max dosage. they are over the counter where i live, and i can get an unlimited supply, but i find myself rarely using them.. maybe once a week or so. i get a little relaxed, a little warm glow.. nothing major or intense, but it can be pleasant. i have used them for a week straight when i had both sides of my wisdom teeth removed, and i found they did nothing for pain. advil was more effective for pain. but after that week, i had a little runny nose for one day, that was the worst i experienced.

honestly painkillers arent really my thing ive fucked with them a few times before but i have no tolerance to them, im more of a weed amphetamine guy. when i had tramadol before it made me real hyper and pretty euphoric which wasnt what i expected from an opioid but i still enjoyed the high a lot. but for real you can buy them over the counter? where do you live?

The danger in Tramadol lies mostly in its atypical overdose symptoms, specifically that you'll suffer serotonin syndrome (seizures, hyperthermia, delirium) since the drug is simultaneously an opioid and an SNRI-type antidepressant (which serves to increase its pain-killing effects in therapeutic doses).

Tramadol is especially risky if you're on certain antidepressants like Prozac - you'll need more Tramadol to get high (as Prozac interferes with an enzyme needed to de-methylate Tramadol into a metabolite with stronger opioid effects) and less Tramadol to suffer a seizure (since you're already fucking around with your serotonin levels).

oh shit man i take 10 mgs of lexapro every night, i didnt know tramadol was part anti depressant. should i stop taking my lexapro when im taking the trams?

Asia :)
but yeah if u like amphetamines (me too :) be careful.. u shouldnt really mix trams with meth.. can cause seizures and seratonin syndrome. not to say i didnt do it a lot of times with no problems, but everyone is different so be careful. tramadol causes seizures if your dose is too high.. i think some people are more prone to them, i heard of seizures at doses as low as 200mg. u should stat low and see how u react, because i think its really a personal thing. me personally, i can do like 300mg of tramadol and then smoke a gram of meth with no issues.. but yah just start low and see how u do.
btw dont judge painkillers based on tramadol LOL.. tramadol is probably the SHITTIEST pain killer there is. hydrocodone runs laps around it.. and if u have oxy, or oxymorphone or heroin.. they dont even compare

well i dont do meth (not that i wouldnt lol just never have) but i do a lot of adderall and vyvanse. but ive been having a hard time scoring them recently so thats why ive been sticking to other drugs. i did a couple vicodin once and a perc another time..honestly i was totally unimpressed but i think the dose i took was just too low both times. but i did snort some oxycodone once and that shit was amazing so im sure pain killers can be great. how many mgs do you think someone with no tolerance should take for the best high without oding?

sounds like u can handle ur opiates pretty well.. i know people that are so sensitive to opiates, that one 50mg tramadol made them puke for hours.. but if u arent very sensitive, i would suggest starting at 150mg. then wait an hour, and if u want more, do another 50mg every 30 minutes until u get where u want to be.. i wouldnt go over like 350mg.. 400mg is the max, and after that u risk seizures. if u have no tolerance, u can definately have a good time. for me it feels more like a classic opiate, like relaxed, eyes heavy, warm.. but some people feel more stimulated.. i know people that can straight nod out for hours off like 300mg

yeah a friend of mine gave me two tramadol once and it made me feel pretty stimulated but not in a bad way i felt awesome. but idk how many mgs they were so a higher dose might get me closer to a real opiate high. and yeah my brother puked all over the place when we did that oxy but i wasnt even nauseous so idk lol i hardly ever do them so i might just have a natural tolerance. anyways thanks for the advice man