• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How common is fentanyl laced in mdma crystal capsules?

Stimfreak2234

Bluelighter
I have never used mdma before, and have the opportunity to purchase some mdma capsules with purple crystal mdma. I live in the southeast USA, and the fear of it being laced with fentanyl is holding me back kinda. How common is fentanyl being laced in molly? Is it mostly fear mongering?

Is it not worth doing for safety reasons because of this, until I can acquire some test strips?
I don't think it's very common with MDMA but you can get fentanyl test strips to find out I'd yours is tainted. Just be sure to follow the directions carefully because MDMA can cause false positives on some fentanyl tests

Personally these days I have a habit of testing anything illicit that I get just to be sure not only for fentanyl but also with other reagent tests. RCs being sold as MDMA isn't quite as common as it used to be but the risk is still there

I’d personally say the risk is extremely low. Now obviously no one will say you’re fine but if it was me… I test for alot of things but fentanyl isn’t one of them. (I also vet my sources but that’s for another discussion.) Up until somewhat recently MDMA could easily cause false positives anyway.

If it comes in a powder, then I may be a bit more cautious.

-GC

i was reading on reddit the purple mdma is just regular mdma dyed purple. a lot of people on the reddit site were having good experiences with it, but that obviously doesn't mean that it's the same stuff as you are getting.

i personally worry that even if stuff is tested that there is a chance there is a piece of fentanyl or whatever at the other end of the pill that isn't tested, but i'm probably just being paranoid. i've read on the net about fentanyl even being in fake adderall pills, but never anything about mdma... i used to just assume all my friends were taking it and it'd be fine when i used to mess with E... i'd probably just go with some shrooms or acid though, get a weird body high and some visuals too. i'm guessing a piece of fentanyl could get on some shrooms or acid too from the way it sounds. doesn't really seem like a thing though. sorry i am a fear mongerer. lol.

i was reading on reddit the purple mdma is just regular mdma dyed purple. a lot of people on the reddit site were having good experiences with it, but that obviously doesn't mean that it's the same stuff as you are getting.

i personally worry that even if stuff is tested that there is a chance there is a piece of fentanyl or whatever at the other end of the pill that isn't tested, but i'm probably just being paranoid. i've read on the net about fentanyl even being in fake adderall pills, but never anything about mdma... i used to just assume all my friends were taking it and it'd be fine when i used to mess with E... i'd probably just go with some shrooms or acid though, get a weird body high and some visuals too. i'm guessing a piece of fentanyl could get on some shrooms or acid too from the way it sounds. doesn't really seem like a thing though. sorry i am a fear mongerer. lol.
Yeah iM just super paranoid about fentanyl being on it

Don’t let media scare tactics keep you from enjoying life. If you can wait for a fent test kit do it but if not don’t worry about it too much. I’m not saying this lightly either, the risk truly is minuscule. Especially if it’s nice chunks of crystals, that’s not as easy to cut for the average dealer. And MDMA and fent rarely cross paths unless you’re buying from some super shady dealers in which case I’d also be worried of the quality of the MD too.

Right now there’s fire purple MDMA rolling around my circles. Usually I pass on it cuz I find it gimmicky but I’ve heard so many positive reports this time that I’m gonna have to try some.

-GC

I
Don’t let media scare tactics keep you from enjoying life. If you can wait for a fent test kit do it but if not don’t worry about it too much. I’m not saying this lightly either, the risk truly is minuscule. Especially if it’s nice chunks of crystals, that’s not as easy to cut for the average dealer. And MDMA and fent rarely cross paths unless you’re buying from some super shady dealers in which case I’d also be worried of the quality of the MD too.

Right now there’s fire purple MDMA rolling around my circles. Usually I pass on it cuz I find it gimmicky but I’ve heard so many positive reports this time that I’m gonna have to try some.

-GC
just took it I’m really anxious

Anyone who is around drug use should buy some naloxone nasal spray (Narcan is the major brand name). Keep it around and use it whenever you suspect opioid overdose. If you're wrong it's not going to cause any real problems. It's now available OTC in the US in places like Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc. A key thing to know is the narcan will wear off quickly so if they revive they probably still need professional emergency care so they don't go back under a few minutes later.

i was reading on reddit the purple mdma is just regular mdma dyed purple.
Actually a lot of purple MDMA in Europe was in fact very shitty leftovers (not pure enough for anyone to bother with recrystallising and/or melting it) that’s just purple as it is.

I bet your USA stuff is just dye lol, yeah

I wish I could trust taking MDMA, but you really can't trust it these days because of that Fentanyl crap that's in everything. Best thing you can do is get some test strips to make sure it's really MDMA.

I have never used mdma before, and have the opportunity to purchase some mdma capsules with purple crystal mdma. I live in the southeast USA, and the fear of it being laced with fentanyl is holding me back kinda. How common is fentanyl being laced in molly? Is it mostly fear mongering?
It is mostly fear mongering by prohibitionists and drug warriors…
Why would criminals mix a more expensive drug with à cheaper one. One with the opposite effects! Losing money and losing customers! Things criminals like to do….🤪

in my experience (and I have quite a bit) I’ve personally never come across other drugs tainted with fentanyl and the only people I’ve known to have ingested fentanyl on accident was because the dealer was a dipshit and mixed up the fentanyl with the coke and then I know of a couple people who used paraphernalia previously used for fentanyl and the left overs were enough to OD them. I’m not saying there’s not people out there lacing other drugs with fentanyl but I think the one to be concerned about would be Xanax pressies. It’s common for people pressing fake Xanax to add a little fentanyl because they’re both downers. Adding fentanyl to MDMA wouldn’t be the best move because anyone using that MDMA isn’t going to get the desired effect and isn’t going to buy from that dealer again.

Take it with a grain of salt though that’s just my 2 cents and I can only speak to what I’ve experienced in my part of the world. For all I know in other places people are lacing everything with it 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's sad to say, but dealers are getting their stuff which originates in Mexico. And the Fentanyl is so cheap they put it in everything from MDMA to Marijuana. So, you have to be carful where you get your stuff from.

As everyone else has said, test your stuff before you ingest it.

But generally speaking, I wouldn't trust anything in a capsule unless it's pharmaceutical.

I wouldn't be worried at all to be honest. Fentanyl circles and mdma circles don't really interact.. It's not a drug that dope users really bother with.

Far more concerning is getting weird mdma fakes that cause unknown side effects. I've sworn off mdma since a couple years ago I bought some, tested it, came back positive for mdma but barely did anything for me or my total noob first timer partner and we both fell asleep on it. That's how I came to learn of the 'what happened to mdma' thread. I didn't know fake mdma was a thing, but yeah something since when I was younger has happened to the supply and both bunk and real 'magic' mdma show up as mdma on tests.

Unless one of the few drug users I trust tell me hey I tried this stuff and it's the real magic shit 'll never do it again. But, all of the people I know have only come across the fake stuff that gives you a little bit of a buzz but is missing all the best bits if the high. Our pupils never fully dilate on the fake stuff, that's the giveaway. The older stuff, the real shit, even on a low dose gave huge pupils as big as they could get pretty much. This stuff it's like 75% pupil dilation.

I recently did some research, can't say it was terribly exhaustive, but I was unable to find a single documented case of fentanyl being found in MDMA, or anyone dying or becoming ill from MDMA that was later found to contain fentanyl. A whole lot of news articles where a police officer or similar says the line ala "Fentanyl can be in many recreational drugs, you just never know these days, such as..." and they list MDMA and people run with that. Definitely interested if someone can find a source though, and can never be too careful.

My recommendation is to just keep a small stash of mdma that you know is safe, I personally only take drugs that someone I know and trust has already taken and can vouch for. MDMA can vary somewhat in potency by weight and there's a lot of debate about the effects batch to batch, I don't like surprises when taking drugs. It's far less common than like 10 years ago, but you can still get sold completely bunk "molly" if you're not careful about sourcing it, so definitely test it with the usual reagents, especially if you're buying from a stranger.

Last edited:

-GC
Very much this^ solid advise

I’ve actually got the same purple mdma straight from the source nice chunks of crystal, I’d say if it’s not powdered you should be good if anything regent test for mdma if you’re feeling paranoid