Admin Attention how come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
I've searched for ages the start of january 2020 and could not find my thread. It was can a closed thread by me be reopened?

i'm guessing no

If you can't find it,
And you give no indication of keywords, topic, forum, anything
How do you expect us to be able to find it?

Your word choice is a bit tough to follow as well: "a closed thread by me be reopened"
Do you mean staff closed a thread of yours? Yes, it can be reopened.
Do you mean a thread of yours that you deleted the OP taking the whole thread with it? Possibly.
In both cases, we'd have to know what you were talking about.

With the complete lack of anything substantial here, I'd strongly recommend simply starting the thread anew, especially if you've been looking for a year and still can't find any trace of it. Whatever the topic, just start over. If it needs to be locked or deleted by staff, then we can address it accordingly. But we cannot help you materialize some unknown thread from your memories.

i started a new tread in the dark side............is that enough info is this enough info TLB
??

i started a new tread in the dark side............is that enough info is this enough info TLB
??

Uhh, I believe a thread of yours in tds was moved by one of the other tds mods to the lounge.

EDIT: right yea your thread was merged into this thread.

It looks like a tds mod moved it from tds to the lounge, then a lounge mod merged it with this one. So the posts from that thread should be there.

but now its gone....scared im going to be murdered is gone. specifieds troll thread dissapeared now it's back again. what's going on?

It's not gone. Your troll thread hadn't been posed to in a few weeks so it wasn't on the first page of the lounge anymore is all. You then posted the in gonna be murdered thread in the dark side.

It was considered to be inappropriate for the dark side so it was moved to the lounge, they clearly objected to another nonsense thread too though so they merged it into the specified specified troll thread, causing it to be bumped back to the top.

Your entire "I'm gonna be murdered thread" thread is now in the specified troll thread starting around page 8. That's where it is.

If you make future nonsense threads they too will likely wind up there.

If you wanna post nonsense, you absolutely can. We have a place for it. It's called the lounge.

For future reference you can always find your own threads from your profile: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/members/specified.461979/

Click on: "Find" and in the drop down select "Find all threads started by this user" or "Find all posts by this user" depending on what you're searching for.

Wouldn't have worked in this instance. In essence his thread was merged into another of his threads. So all the posts still existed, but not as an independent thread anymore.

Wouldn't have worked in this instance. In essence his thread was merged into another of his threads. So all the posts still existed, but not as an independent thread anymore.

Ah yes I should have paid more attention. He still could have found them by searching for his own posts but they were probably buried depending on how old his posts were. There used to be an add-on for this called "ego search" where you could just pull up everything you'd even posted from the regular search engine.

A way to avoid this problem in the future: when posts are merged into existing threads a private message could be sent to all users of the old thread notifying them the posts were moved. I'm surprised xenforo doesn't do that already.

Ah yes I should have paid more attention. He still could have found them by searching for his own posts but they were probably buried depending on how old his posts were. There used to be an add-on for this called "ego search" where you could just pull up everything you'd even posted from the regular search engine.

A way to avoid this problem in the future: when posts are merged into existing threads a private message could be sent to all users of the old thread notifying them the posts were moved. I'm surprised xenforo doesn't do that already.

It can, but the staff member has to specifically set it to notify the user.

And maybe they did, I dunno, I wasn't the one that moved em.

Im trying to find this thread... can anyone point me or provide a direct link?
Thx

@Specified
maybe ya got a virus in yer machine and it is eating the threads/posts like langoliers?
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.