• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How come some people don't get heroin sick

Sambino

Greenlighter
I don't seem to get sick from heroin myself but I met this Man and he said he doesn' get sick from heroin himself he said it was something with his immune system but I don't know is this even a thing but if it is can some one explain it and what's different about these people and how does it work

lol theres no such thing as this

what the guy probably meant is that he doesn't yet have a chemical dependency to heroin and only uses it recreational like once a week or something (for now)

he claims he don't get sick b/c he doesn't understand how it works... until he wakes up sick one day then he's fucked.

You can, when first using, use daily for a period of time before your brain makes changes where it NEEDS the opiate. It's different for everyone, but sooner or later everyone will get dope sick if they use daily for long enough

As an example--I started using heroin (sniffing)--I used at first occasionally. Then once I started daily use it took many months til I woke up one morning sneezing and fatigued and shivering. And compared to down the road those were mild symptoms. But that was my first aha! moment. Up to that point I didn't get what my friends were whining about not feeling good in the morning.

Once I started shooting the sickness got worse. It also progresses. For instance now, if I am clean I can use one day and feel a little hungover the next day. Same for 2 days in a row but a little worse. But it I would use 3 days straight I'm waking up in minor withdrawal. So over time where you could use months daily and not get sick becomes maybe a week straight before getting sick and eventually gets to the point even back to back days result in dopesickness.

So if you don't get sick, you're a beginner and your brain chemistry hasn't changed yet. Same goes for your friend he is either fairly new to using or doesn't use consecutive days

My advice to you is never use consecutive days. Then you'll never have to worry about withdrawal