• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How can pure MDMA be "stronger" or "more potent"

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
Well i have a very trustworthy dealer, been good friends with him since jr. high.. i always get my molly from him, and it always is good stuff, and i "think" its 100% pure, never have had a bad comedown and the feeling is straight perfect so i dont even care, haha (although i am going to invest in a test kit!).. well he got some new stuff and he keeps telling me how amazing it is and that its atleast 3x stronger and more potent, i guess im just wondering if theres other, stronger shit mixed with it?.. because how can you make "pure mdma" any more stronger? maybe he means that this stuff is even more pure than the usual stuff?.. thanks in advanced, lol :)

you say your dealer is trustworthy !!! as in he has told you this md is pure or that he hasnt cut it ???
either way, pretty much sure your mdma is a 100%, not 100% pure ...!!!!!
mdma, usually if pure is 84% ( i think,or 87 % )
to say his new shit is 3 x stronger, well he is either talking porky pies or sold you maybe methylone the first time around.
either way, you trusty dealer isnt very trustworthy lol

get a test kit, wont show you how pure your md is but will tell you if its methylone or md and you could at least tell if
its ok or piss poor by the reaction .............. i.e slow reaction to purple or straight to black fizz could indicate potency
BUT, NOT ALWAYS

take it easy bud

Yeah... no. MDMA.HCl is 100% pure if it contains no contaminants. The 84% myth has to do with the potency of various salts of the drug, but considering that MDMA.HCl is the only form of the drug being found in test centers it does NOTHING but cause confusion.

Please stop spreading that information, it is flawed.

To the OP: if it was pure MDMA before, the only way it would get stronger would be if he was selling another drug as MDMA. Since you haven't tested his "normal" stuff though how would you possibly know if his old stuff or the new stuff was MDMA at all?

Please stop spreading that information, it is flawed.

folley.... this is merely what ive heard or read numerous times ......... on this website .... ( would love to read your conflicting reference )

what happened to this all the speal that pure md can be produced but its so exspensive its not worth making !!

do i have any qualifications in what im talking about .... ummm nope.

just years of hearing the same shit over an over again then lol

my hands are up, if i sound like a total bell lol

im all ears bud

The problem is that while your dealer may be a friend and trustworthy, it doesn't mean that his dealer is! Many dealers out there don't even know what they've got and some people can't even discern the difference between two chemicals when given blindly so as everyone else said, either it wasn't MDMA before, or it's not MDMA this time. Get a test kit ...

Just because you hear something often doesn't make it true.. sorry, I just see this spread by people who haven't looked into it at all and it gets a bit frustrating.

The myth stems from the fact that MDMA.HCl is technically only 84% MDMA, the rest is hydrochloride that bonds to the base molecule which turns MDMA base (an oily substance which our bodies cannot process efficiently) into MDMA.HCl (the crystal that everyone knows and loves). Since MDMA base is not sold for human consumption, this is basically useless information that I believe is perpetuated by dealers so they can sell a product that's cut and still have people believe it's pure.

Considering all dosage tables for MDMA have been crafted using MDMA.HCl as a reference, it really makes no sense to bring up the base's purity.

you say your dealer is trustworthy !!! as in he has told you this md is pure or that he hasnt cut it ???
NO N0 NO!!!!!!!!
The HCl is part of the molecule not a freaking impurity. Ketamine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, cocaine, ect are all sold in their HCL form yet how come mdma seems to be the only one were people seem to think the HCl counts against the purity of the drug. Even on a fucking documentary I saw some wigger mdma synthesizer claim that stupid 84% nonsesne.

well, dealers are rarely the manufacturers. so even if his stuff is consistently high quality, he has no real control over it and it's unlikely to ever be perfect. each batch could easily vary in terms of its quality/purity, even if it's all pretty good.

speaking from experience, my connect has always has the best mdma i have ever tried, but even then there are noticeable differences in the roll from batch to batch. you never actually know how pure it is, that's something a test kit can't do very well

Well i have a very trustworthy dealer, been good friends with him since jr. high.. i always get my molly from him, and it always is good stuff, and i "think" its 100% pure, never have had a bad comedown and the feeling is straight perfect so i dont even care, haha (although i am going to invest in a test kit!).. well he got some new stuff and he keeps telling me how amazing it is and that its atleast 3x stronger and more potent, i guess im just wondering if theres other, stronger shit mixed with it?.. because how can you make "pure mdma" any more stronger? maybe he means that this stuff is even more pure than the usual stuff?.. thanks in advanced, lol :)

the "pure" stuff you get, could well be 30% pure. that'd explain the 3x stronger comment of your dealer (that is assuming that he knows what he's talking about and that he knows what's inside the stuff he sells, which is almost never the case. if he isn't a chemist and makes the mdma himself in his own lab i'd recommend assuming that he doesn't).

you say that you're getting quality stuff (which is something we can't verify and you can't either if you haven't had lab tested mdma to compare to), but assuming that you do, you could for instance have 30% mdma with 70% inactive cuts. this would give you the same effects, but you'd have to take triple the amount for the same experience. what doses do you usually take?

speaking from experience, my connect has always has the best mdma i have ever tried, but even then there are noticeable differences in the roll from batch to batch. you never actually know how pure it is, that's something a test kit can't do very well
I've found "noticeable differences" from the SAME EXACT BATCH.. I've been dosing out of the same crystal for the last year, I haven't had two rolls that were exactly the same and I likely never will.

^^

I have noticed this too. I probably have rolled around 50 times, most of them on pills, but in the last 5 years, it's been crystal. People forget how much an MDMA experience/roll has a psychedelic "set and setting" aspect to it. While it is much more focused than something like LSD, the experience is enhanced by many simple things in your environment which can have a profound effect on how you physically feel.

I have been with friends who are virgin users of mdma, or laregly inexperienced, or never had real MDMA before, who felt like MDMA didn't do shit for them, then when I played some good late 90s dutch and german trance, and gave them some gum or candy, and gave a killer light show, maybe even a back rub/massage if the situation is right they would feel like they were rolling very hard.

I have found in my experience, that it often goes a long way to put a good effort in to enjoy your roll with the key ingredients being good music, good friends, some physical contact, and some great light shows.

It's not the kinda drug where you just become numb to everything.

Just taking MDMA in a boring setting would never have me "rolling as hard"

YES!! I want to cuddle puddle so much that I'll never do MDMA without another person rolling also again!

The reason people may state pure mdma is more " potent ", is because generally pure mdma in nice crystal form cannot be obviously cut. Mdma is mdma, but if ur buying caps or pressed pills, chances are they always have some other cut.

Set, setting, nutrient intake leading up to roll, exercise prior to roll, rest prior to roll. All of these things can cause the same substance to give a different experience.

Oh, that and your dealer is either full of shit like almost every other dealer, or he hasn't got the slightest clue what he's actually talking about....like almost every other dealer.

MDMA is MDMA is MDMA....is MDMA. To say otherwise does nothing but portray ignorance.

The reason people may state pure mdma is more " potent ", is because generally pure mdma in nice crystal form cannot be obviously cut. Mdma is mdma, but if ur buying caps or pressed pills, chances are they always have some other cut.

crystal mdma can be obviously cut. it does form mixed crystals with some substances (iirc mannitol, or it mannitol the stuff that makes mixed crystals with meth?). i once gave a perfectly shaped, colourless and translucent crystal to LC/MS and it came up just below 80% mdma. of course it's easier to cut pills and especially power, but it's certainly also possible (and usual) with crystal. at our local drug testing database you often find crystal with 30% or 70-80%, but >90% or >95% is pretty rare.

crystal mdma can be obviously cut. it does form mixed crystals with some substances (iirc mannitol, or it mannitol the stuff that makes mixed crystals with meth?). i once gave a perfectly shaped, colourless and translucent crystal to LC/MS and it came up just below 80% mdma. of course it's easier to cut pills and especially power, but it's certainly also possible (and usual) with crystal. at our local drug testing database you often find crystal with 30% or 70-80%, but >90% or >95% is pretty rare.

What I meant was if you are getting your M in crystals then your actual dealer is not cutting it. At least is would be highly unlikely that a low level dealer is cutting and recrystallizing MDMA himself, it wouldn't be worth the time. I don't doubt it is cut and recrystallized further up the line though. It's all about profit in this industry.

Last edited:
What I meant was if you are getting your M in crystals then your actual dealer is not cutting it. At least is would be highly unlikely that a low level dealer is cutting and recrystallizing MDMA himself, it wouldn't be worth the time. I don't doubt it is cut and recrystallized further up the line though. It's all about profit in this industry.

that's true, a dealer has a harder time doing that with crystals. but on the other hand i've also had good stuff that was cut in a pretty low tech way: the closer you got to the bottom of the baggy the smaller the crystals become, and some of them were suspiciously regular with all of them the same size and a cubic shape, so i tasted them and sure enough, they tasted like table salt. sure, you could have NaCl in the product as a result of making the MDMA·HCl, but not in that quantity and in regular sizes you're used to from the salt shaker. i'm not saying it's overly common, but where there's more money to be made some people will always try to maximise their profit.

that's true, a dealer has a harder time doing that with crystals. but on the other hand i've also had good stuff that was cut in a pretty low tech way: the closer you got to the bottom of the baggy the smaller the crystals become, and some of them were suspiciously regular with all of them the same size and a cubic shape, so i tasted them and sure enough, they tasted like table salt. sure, you could have NaCl in the product as a result of making the MDMA·HCl, but not in that quantity and in regular sizes you're used to from the salt shaker. i'm not saying it's overly common, but where there's more money to be made some people will always try to maximise their profit.

Yea, salt sized crystals are definitely suspicious. The crystals I am talking about though, are large chunks. Generally, from all of my good M sources, I get nice sized crystals that are the size of like a half a pea or larger. Any fine crystals/powder in a bag of MDMA with nice, large crystals, is likely a cut. But that goes for basically any drug that should come in crystals/chips.

maybe the new MDMA has mxe in it or something that will potentiate the hell out of it

You can definitely "cut" crystal, as far as ripping off the ignorant consumer goes. Just crush it up a little so there's still obvious rocks in there, mix it with something of similar appearance like rock salt, then measure out into caps. There, you just "cut" crystal MDMA (admittedly with a completely inactive ingredient - would be more difficult to do that with an active adulterant).

Never assume anything. Unless you watched the guy cook it, crush it, weigh it, and cap it...you can never say for certain what's in there. Only a lab test will tell you that - until then you can only confirm the presence of a compound, but you can't rule out the presence of others.