how can one eat more!?

You guys are making me sick talking about eating peanut butter. Yuck.

I do dig me some salted peanuts, however...

I have the same problem as the OP. I have been trying to bulk up. I am 6'1'', 140lbs. I have been working out and hitting the protein hard for the past several months. I am cut, but gaining weight is very difficult for myself.

20 min of basketball or running every other day I've found increases my appetite more than enough to offset the calories it expends..

Also, people are obsessed with eating clean, but eating dirty once in awhile can do a hard gainer good..been training for ten years now..sitting at 185, 10% body fat, never used roids, and I'm on bupe..this has seemed to work for me.

Running turns me into a garbage disposal. I can put down over 4000 calories for dinner after a good hour long session on the tread mill

20 min of basketball or running every other day I've found increases my appetite more than enough to offset the calories it expends..

Also, people are obsessed with eating clean, but eating dirty once in awhile can do a hard gainer good..been training for ten years now..sitting at 185, 10% body fat, never used roids, and I'm on bupe..this has seemed to work for me.

I guess I shoudve mentioned that I do 5x5 Mike Star training four times a week..Lifting is the foundation of course..

did the clean diet thing for years and always wondered why I wasnt getting gains..then I just started eating whatever the fuck i wanted whenever I felt like eating and gained about 20# of muscle in three years..then I started getting fat and had to reel it in...but most likely, you just need to eat more, and the only way its gonna happen is to eat a bit dirtier..

Been lifting since 2006 and proud of the gains ive gotten..

or just quit being a pussy and eat a burger..no your muscles wont fall off, and no your waist want expand to 40" overnight.. the clean thing is so overrated..your body doesnt know whether a carb that comes from broccoli or a burger

^^ agreed. I posted about this on another forum. There is no clean or dirty foods, only foods that fit your goals based on how you react to them. Some people can drink loads of milk with minimal issues and no bloating, some bloat like a whale from a slice of bread, etc. Don't neglect the so called dirty foods out of some irrational fear of it fucking you up, that just causes issues later possibly even an eating disorder. If you're flat, dragging ass, feel like shit, and would rather eat a brownie over some baked potato once in a while go for it. If you can't gain weight (hah wish this was my case), then eat more calorie dense foods that aren't completely bad for you health wise. Eat a nice juicy burger, enjoy some ice cream, DON'T eat spoonfuls of butter and chase them with shots of crisco. That's it. Don't make this any harder than it needs to be. Unless your in competition prep mode, just eat generally healthy and within your caloric demands and you'll look better than 95% of the people you know. Don't sit there and obsess over the 2 extra grams of olive oil you put in the skillet, or the bit of extra ketchup, or that your bananas weigh an extra 5g today. Do enjoy your diet, eat healthy, and be active. We over think this shit as if we're going to be the next Mr olympia when 99.9% of us won't have the balls to even compete at an npc show. All that little extra matter when you're competing. But if you're competing than health goes out the window anyway but that's another topic...

Arnold used to eat cake before a show because of the pump it would give him..I did the clean thing for years and got very minimal results.mat first it is absolutely necessary.. As you move on, if you want five pound of muscle, you realise that brocc and grilled chicken aunt gonna cut it..

Unless you are on test on dianabol..food is your roid, and if you add an inch to your waist, know that easy come easy go, bit the strength and lean mass will stick if you continue a high intensity regimine

I simply recommended whole milk for the extra calories over low fat/skim milk. I have no issues with lactose but my significant other does so that's why I brought up Lactaid. Milk has the fat, carbs, and protein you need to gain weight and is easy to consume throughout the day (even when you are full). Lactose free milk is fine - might be more expensive that regular milk though.