• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How can I safely combine the medication I have available to me?

BalrogTheGrey

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. hope I'm posting in the right forum, If not guess I'll be moved.
Some very difficult and stressful months finally came to an end for me and I wanted to treat myself. I have many different options available which include:

- Alprazolam (10 x 0.5mg)
- Chlordiazepoxide (30 x 5mg)
- Lorazepam (20 x 2mg)
- Tramadol (6 x 100mg)
- Ritalin (20 x 10mg)
- Gabapentin (20 x 100mg)
- Propranolol (20 x 20mg)
- Vodka
- Promethazine (??)
- Pizza =D (2 x Pepperoni)

Now obviously I don't intend to mix all of them. I just wanted to know what the best combination, order and timing would be. For a long maybe 6-8 hour high while watching a few movies and finally falling into a good sleep. I'm 190 lbs and 25 years old.
PS: I don't have a tolerance to any of them. I once spread out 200mg of tramadol a few years back over 6 hours and it didn't do much. (should I get some grapefruit juice?)
PPS: Please speak your mind. I'm probably not going to follow your exact instructions, I'm looking for general advice.

Thank you.

Out of all of the things you listed, the first one that I would remove is alcohol because it enhances CNS depression. For the benzos, just take one and not a crazy high dosage. If you're going to take Tramadol, nix the stimulant and promethazine because combining them raises seizure threshold. Propranolol is a beta blocker and taking it with a benzo can lower your blood pressure too much so take that one off your list too.

We try to stay away from recommending "which will get you the best high" topics, more to keep you safe from a harm reduction perspective. I prefer to eat first and then use Tramadol to avoid stomach upset. Then again, many times benzos give me the urge to eat. Everyone's different so it takes some practice to see what's good for you. I want you to read over the drug interactions. A good starting point is drugs.com interaction checker and you can make an informed decision. Welcome to Bluelight and be safe!

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-...488-0,1956-0,585-305,856-7528,1606-979,133-54

I would just take these drugs separately. However, you could use the promethazine to safely increase sedation from the benzos. And maybe the tramadol, depending on how it effects you. I got more of a stimulated effect from it.

Watch out, promethazine can block 2D conversion to nortramadol, it's active metabolite which is pretty much responsible for all the opioid effects; know, you didn't suggest taking them together, and really, a single 25mg dose would be fine because of the surprisingly slow peak of promethazine, just throwing that out there

Don't mix benzodiazepines without a heavy tolerance/dependency; a single benzodiazepine should do- I would actually recommend Ativan/Lorazepam, as you have a whopping 40mg, vs only 5mg alprazolam. Don't really have the time or inclination atm to describe the differences, however 5mg xanax = ~10mg Lorazepam. Xanax hits hard and fast, yet wears off quickly- Lorazepam has a fairly slow onset, yet a longer duration. I would start with 1-2mg Lorazepam, or just ~1ng Alprazolam. You can redose another mg of Xanax (or really 0.5mg) or 1mg (max 3-4mg total) Lorazepam, just keep in mind, redosing benzodiazepines is what often seems to lead to trouble - once is fine, getting buzzed, then high or otherwise destroying inhibitions is what can be problematic - especially since people don't realize how long it can take for a specific benzo to really "kick in" and sometimes longer to peak

Even alprazolam typically has a rapid onset, yet takes ~100 minutes on average to peak; Lorazepam has a delayed onset/peak,
we are taking a Tmax of 2-3 hours, although it takes effect before that, especially if you take a (relatively) larger dose like 2mg- Onset, not exactly sure, TBH, 30-40 minutes seems reasonable, (longer with smaller doses) and with xanax, you can sometime feel the effects in ~ 20 minutes

Duration, 4-5 hours? For alprazolam/Xanax, though can vary from say 3-8hrs, Lorazepam anywhere from 4-12 hours.
Personally would save the Chlordiazepoxide/Librium; not knocking it, however it is a more mild prodrug benzodiazepine, and almost any benzodiazepine aficionado or RC User in general shall tell you to stick with the high potency benzodiazepines with no active metabolites, like alprazolam and lorazepam (most prefer Xanax/Alprazolam)

Ok, enough with benzos, to close, do as T says and check drug interactions - also Gabapentin is a decent, or even quite good potentiator of other meds, and far safer than yer traditional CNS depressants- I like it with benzodiazepines, and also to help with wd to some extent - many use it to enchance opioids as well. Not recommending you jump into all that, however 100mg is a good tester dose IMO, and it is a safer drug to experiment with, especially when/ if mixing drugs - Also many like it by itself, albeit typically in larger doses - much larger, really. Anyway, good Luck and post back PRN(as needed)