• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How can I most effectively use 3 tablets of 50mg naltrexone after a suboxone taper?

angelomorgano

Bluelighter
Hi,

This is my second day without suboxone and I would like a vivitrol injection after the 10-14 days abstinence, but since I am not seeing any medical advisor for this, I will probably not be able to get it🙅‍♂️.

I found someone who can provide me with 3 tablets of 50mg naltrexone (the ingredient in vivitrol)🙌.

How can I most effectively use those 3 naltrexone pills to reduce my tolerance and cleanse my system of opioids?

In which dose should I start taking them, and how often? I was told I could dissolve them in injectionwater and then extract 5mg solution from that and take that orally daily.

I am also wondering🤔, If you get high on any opiate while NOT dependent, could you use naltrexone the day after to avoid tolerance?

Sorry for the many questions at once 🤭. Thanks for all the help you all have given me so far!
~ Cheers

As far as I know you are misinterpreting the usage of naltrexone. I believe it has no beneficial effect on helping with withdrawals the only benefit would be if you took them it would block your ability to get high for that day.

if you used naltrexone the day after opiates you’d likely just put yourself into Precipitated withdrawals.

like I said I maybe wrong, but I think I’m right

As far as I know you are misinterpreting the usage of naltrexone. I believe it has no beneficial effect on helping with withdrawals the only benefit would be if you took them it would block your ability to get high for that day.

if you used naltrexone the day after opiates you’d likely just put yourself into Precipitated withdrawals.

like I said I maybe wrong, but I think I’m right

I don't think you get precipitated withdrawals if you are not dependent. But I might be wrong? Same with narcan, if you are not dependent, you just return back to normal.

my theory is that if you take naltrexone, access to the receptors is blocked, causing your body to make more natural endorphins and reduces the amound of receptors. That's why after vivitrol wears of, people get high much easier.

I'm not sure what you expect from naltrexone but I would suggest reading up on people's experiences with it rather than the pharmacological theory which is often so incredibly distant from the subjective effects that a drug actually has in reality.

Hey buddy, I tried my best to give you useable advice over in the other thread. I think all the pertinent information is over there.

So let's try to keep all of the communication to one thread (the other one). You'll get the most bang for your buck that way.