• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How can I get an enjoyable high?

dustinfergy

Greenlighter
So i recently tried pot for the first time. That experience was horrible. First, i felt nothing, then it hit me like a train. My vision went crazy, I started spinning around like an idiot, and i felt so out of touch with reality that i thought i had died or passed out. My heart was beating ferociously fast, and I was 100% terrified of what was happening. The second time was just last night and it was just a tiny bit better because I knew what to expect, but i still felt the same way. Neither experiences gave me feelings of relaxation or euphoria, just panic and paranoia. I should also add that both times it was extremely hard to concentrate on the smallest things (which i believe is normal). Anyways, ive heard that this sometimes happens to long time marijuana users.... But these were only my first two times with weed ever. I should also say that i am a 1.5 year abuser of opiates... Maybe that has something to do with it. Also, both times were from the same gram i got from a shady-ish dealer... So does anyone think it was laced? The feelings described here only lasted for about an hour, maybe two.

Definitely could have something to do with your opiate use. I know a few people who liked smoking weed until they started messing around with heroin. Personally tho I popped pills for a few years and still smoked weed all the time.

You could try eating and exercising first, then smoking only a small fraction of what you did in the last 2 times. Maybe don't be on opiates either, the two can be a bit much sometimes. Take only a small hit and see how you feel. Wait a good 15 minutes before you redose.

My first few times were somewhat similar just not as panicky. If I wasn't with good friends at the time I would have had a bad time I think. I didn't like it until I took a single small hit, just enough to feel it a little and then let it come on while listening to music.

I doubt it was laced unless you paid way too much for it. People don't just give you drugs for free unless you're incredibly lucky.

Idk if opiates had anything do do with it, when I was doing dope it made me enjoy pot even more.

Anyway, sound like you are like many people, and pot just gives you anxiety/terror.
For me it took years to manifest but I know plenty of people who had the anxiety from the get go and never could enjoy pot-- sound like you.

Anyway probably a good thing, if you've been doing dope for awhile you probably are prone do addiction.
If you enjoy it, it'll just be another thing you need to take. Believe me, if you enjoy pot, heroin almost seems like a waste without it. (Well not really but kind of)

Pot always made me feel the dope high 500% more.

i remember my first hit, thought it's not like what yours. my heart beats fast like a train, and there is this tingling feeling effect in my emotion, it's not sad nor happy, balance. I can feel the relaxation massaging my head.

mabzie, just curious, what did you use more? pot or dope?

also, did you ever get a sick to your stomach feeling when you mixed the two? I liked the combo but only when I used opiates really lightly or only smoked a little bit of weed otherwise i'd end up feeling sick.

mabzie, just curious, what did you use more? pot or dope?

also, did you ever get a sick to your stomach feeling when you mixed the two? I liked the combo but only when I used opiates really lightly or only smoked a little bit of weed otherwise i'd end up feeling sick.

It's hard to say, during that time I was smoking about 0.25 - 1.5 grams of chronic per day. So it varied quite a bit.
As far as dope I would do as much as I could get my hands on. I'd often take maybe 30-40 mg Hydrocodone or 30mg Oxycodone, and a few bags of dope throughout the day. Usually the more of the other opiates I took the less dope and vice versa. But it all varied a lot.

Pot usually made me want to puke less.

It was the dope/oxy combo that made me throw up.

Have you tried to smoke less? Maybe the weed you got is super strong? Sativa weeds give me paranoia and sometimes panic attacks. Maybe try an indica strain?

Have you tried to smoke less? Maybe the weed you got is super strong? Sativa weeds give me paranoia and sometimes panic attacks. Maybe try an indica strain?

Weird that people say this.

The last year or so I smoked I only smoked sativa (always preferred it anyway).
Hybrid strains and especially pure indica gave me FAR more anxiety/panic than sativa.

Plus sativa is just a better high.

I also prefer the sativa high. But I've noticed it makes me much more paranoid. Or maybe I'm wrong and I just got placebo effects from what I've read. :)