• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

How can I determine time between doses? Lofep/desipramine?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I'm taking Lofepramine - which isn't available in the US but is in the UK - it metabolizes in Desipramine; some consider it effectively a prodrug for desiprmaine.
Other sources claim that the ultimate effect of the metabolite is weak.
I don't know who to believe.

I started off taking the majority of the dose at night (210 mg - 140 at night, 70 in the morning).

After it accumulated in my system, I began waking early, as being a pure noradrenergic, it was activating.

So, I started taking the larger dose in the morning - seems to be working well.

But the last 70 mg, I try to stagger to later in the day.

Initially, I tried taking the full 210 mg in the morning - which is not advised.
It knocked me out - sedative effect - which I don't want.
At the same time though, I could not sleep on it.

So, I assume this was as a result of the blood plasma level going to high with the full dose.

Basically - how long after taking 140 mg in the morning, do I have to wait before taking the final dose, to avoid that sedation/excess blood plasma level?

The half life of lofeprmaine is, I think - 2 hours?

But the half life of desipramine is more like, 24 hours....

How those values tie in, I'm not sure.

But I try to wait like, 10 hours as it is now - and often times it gets so late that I sometimes forget to take it, or take it so close to bed that it's activation keeps me awake....

ttt for any means to determine this.

I was hoping I could take the second dose at lunch time.

I think individual genetics/liver function will make this question nearly impossible to answer without frequent blood testing.

I dont think it matters over time half life of despiramine makes it accumulate and its affinity for net is like 3 nm vs lofeprmaine 6 nm. So on the first day despiramine levels may differ over 24 by 50 percent but after a week the variation over 24 will prob be less then 25 percent

I made a chart plotting despiramine difference between expected max and min over 24 hours as you continue to take it daily but then i hit the backspace lol