• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How can I counter the effects of methadone lowering my testosterone?

nayroxy

Greenlighter
The title says it all. What are some ways I can raise my testosterone to counteract the methadone lowering it, safely? I already take a multi-vitamin everyday. I am worried because there are many side effects of lowered testosterone, i have only been on methadone for 2 weeks but i have noticed my sex drive has been drastically lowered.
Natural and man made solutions are fine, prefer natural though.
Thanks in advanced friends!
-nayRoxy

Well for one, it is not the methadone causing your test levels to be low that is causing you to have a diminished libido. It is opiates in general, Methadone happens to be one of the worst culprits as it has such a crazy half-life. Opiates can and will cause lower T-levels but they also make your senses slightly numbed making it very difficult to climax, I am very single right now which is why I do not care, but I will not know what to do if that should stop being the case. If it is anything other than sex drive just make sure to lift weights a lot every single day, you have to do this because it is one of a few ways you can keep your test levels high. BUT it will not help the other issues, this is something all opiates do. Most other opiates do it but the half life is so small it does not become a big enough problem. But with methadone it becomes a very big problem. I dose twice a day because of pain problems, so I get nothing. You might be able to get something if you dose once daily. But I am getting nearly done with all of it. NOTHING has worked for my pain. I am just gonna get off all of it. I would rather be blindingly sober and in pain than be in addicted and in WD and in pain.

Real aggressive weight lifting and diet will actually help raise your natural T-levels from ORT. Bench press, deadlift, and squats are known as the big 3 and help to naturally maintain a higher t-level. But you have to do it daily and you have to be serious about it, enough to force you body into making different hormonal choice (you kind of force the hand).