• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

how big of a difference can certain strains affect you?

flyCrow

Bluelighter
about a year ago i stopped smoking weed. definitely a good thing. i forgot how much of an impact it has on me till i stopped. but i still had some good times and god damn that feeling the sight of chopped up bowl brings. i had no idea the strains i was smoking. but im from australia and i think they were made to get you as high as possible and not help for any medicinal or therapeutic reasons. basically thc makes me anxious and delusional and i over think things.

what im curious about is if these high in cbd strains that they are smoking in usa would actually have the opposite affect. im still dealing with anxiety its basically a part of my personality. and ive also now living in a place where i dont know anyone. im bored and etc. so yea just wondering how much the strain actually matters

It can make quite a big difference! I live in Belgium and get my weed in bulk from occasional visits to the Netherlands. Sativa and sativa dominant hybrid strains tend to get me a lot higher (so to speak), in that they make your thoughts race, feel more euphoric but also have a larger tendency to induce anxiety or paranoia. Indicas or indica dominant strains are more sedating, have more of quieting effect on the mind and produce a feeling of contentness with less of a chance to induce anxiety. Personally I find that hash produced from indica plants is least likely to make me feel anxious, this is nice but on the other hand it also produces a rather boring and uninspirational stone...

Just in general though smoking smaller amounts is less likely to induce anxiety. Instead of smoking a whole joint/bowl, it helps to take a few small puffs and wait another 20-30 minutes before smoking more. You'll find that surprisingly small amounts of marijuana can produce significant effects if you give it time to kick in fully. Having the right kind of background music can serve as a great distraction to avoid anxiety. Hope this helps :)

i love the sativa high, its that head buzz im always after. you feel stimulated yet zen.
Kinda like what i thought speed would be like but it aint.

the name of the strain doesn't matter necessarily..

whats important to look at is

was it flushed properly?
hydroponically grown?
organically grown?
CBD content?
THC content?
sprayed with any pesticides?
indica?
sativa?
setting in which you are smoking?
tolerance?

weed is subjective.

i prefer a pure indica and being bymyself when i smoke, eating some food and watching videos on my laptop before i fall asleep.

find out how you like weed.. sounds like your not doing it right if your getting anxiety and delusional. probably smoking too much.

biiiig difference sometimes. indica strains make you feel more chill, relaxed, mellow. sativa makes you feel active, paranoid sometimes, and creative ideas come at you like bullets. and shit weed can give you a headache lol

I've had strains that almost seem like different drugs.

Like the other day i had a strain called sour bubble, which was a very strong, stimulating, and cerebral sativa for 20 minutes, and then brought on a nice warm rush of indica sedation and anxiolysis. Much different than a lot of strains i've tried.

The most unique strain i've had was cotton candy, which felt comparable to about 100mcg LSD, very psychedelic, very stimulating, and surprisingly clearheaded. One of my favorites.

If the weed's not top shelf, you probably won't notice much of a difference though.

And not all people experience the same effects from smoking certain strains, some people i've met get paranoid/anxious even when they smoke pure indica strains.

Weed is weed. As long as it gets me stoned. I can care less what the strain is. However, I live in Southern Oregon and all the weed is hella bomb.

the name of the strain doesn't matter necessarily..

whats important to look at is

was it flushed properly?
hydroponically grown?
organically grown?
CBD content?
THC content?
sprayed with any pesticides?
indica?
sativa?
setting in which you are smoking?
tolerance?

weed is subjective.

All very valid reasons for why i grow my own smoke,i know what i have used to grow it and dont have to trust that others are doing the right thing,also allows me to grow strains that i prefer.:)

weed is weed... true. not relevant to the question, though.

yea if i can get a hold of the high cbd strains and it works for me i will grow my own too.

For me, there is a tremendous difference, but I'm looking for very specific things. I'm looking to fend off pain and stimulate my appetite, and Blue Dream is a good, solid strain for that. Good daytime pain relief w/o drowsiness. It's not as good with my appetite as I'd like, but I've found that to be very unpredictable.

I can't stand any kind of Diesel strains - none of them have any of the qualities I need. I got stuck with some one time and it was practically worthless for me.

I had a strain called Strawberry that was simply marvelous for pain relief (almost narcotic), but the second time I had it, it was not nearly as fresh and had none of the great qualities that made it so special the first time around. It was just ordinary cannabis. I would love to know what in the growing/cultivation made it so different.

High CBD strains are said to be especially good with seizures. Strains high in THC can also be very good for anxiety, and not necessarily in a drowsy kind of way.