• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives How best to reset my Ketamine tolerance? Do any supplements help or just time?

I've been snorting for about 7+ years

Of course there's the general wait option and even then it builds back quick when you start again

I've actually found that being vegetarian helped and going vegan had even better effects

Meditation and yoga also helped

Working out and going to the gym as well

Now I know what you lot might be thinking. I'm a hippy or something but believe me I'm not. I am also actually a meat eater but I did go vegan for a bit and vegetarian when it was too hard

I'm just tired of the general answers which are pretty much. Nothing you just have to wait. Which isn't true. Waiting helps a lot but lets face it we love the high and we cba to wait if we didnt have to

Those are my genuine finds. I'm not trying to help you lot become a better person or anything. I'm only giving my personal experience and trying to help provide other alternatives to just wait.

I've been in the same boat as everyone else and still am pretty much. What I have yet to try but hope this helps because I do plan to eventually because like you lot. I was also trying to find an alternative to this issue.

Is.... I googled other drugs like ket and there are one or 2 which are more potent so thats a simple step... ish. MXE and PCP I believe they were

This next one I just happened to have stumbled across, which is! Taking Pramipexole :) I dont know the whole story behind it but I found it on a hospital site providing ketamine treatment and it said if your tolerance is too high we may give you Pramipexole with your ketamine

Sooooo hopefully that gives you guys some ideas or things to try other than just wait! Good Luck :)

Oh and yes, you could just take it in a more invasive way like IV or syringe into your arm but I've never done it that way

Ah and I forgot my credentials. I take 14grams of ket a month. Usually spanning a week or 2 so whats that? About 2 grams a day for 2 weeks but if I finish it before 2 weeks then obviously 2+ a day, you get the gist
If you have any questions feel free to DM me :) I'm from London UK

Last edited:
Pramipexole with your ketamine? As in simultaneously? Then it's not as much tolerance reset as it is a potentiation combo.. which is indeed one way of coping with tolerance, as is branching out in general.

Otherwise it could have been interesting. Tweakers use dissociatives to reset stimulant tolerance. So if Pramipexole, a dopamine agonist, were to reset dissociative tolerance, then maybe the reverse of the stim/disso connection could have been valid too? Alas, we're lacking both a mechanism, and anecdotal evidence for that, as far as I'm aware.

And not to deny your personal experience, but I also can't imagine a mechanism (yet) explaining why cutting out animal products would help with it.

I've got a couple of other ideas about stuff that might help with tolerance, for which I could go look for justification in the literature. But would that even be a good idea? Yes, any such lead would be good news for people who have decided to dose against tolerance anyway, because then the amounts they run through their systems could get diminished without loss of subjective effect. But for people who use tolerance as one of the ways to keep their use in check, for them it wouldn't exactly be conducive to harm reduction, would it?

So this seems like a bit of an ethical dilemma? Anyone else with any thoughts about this?

I will give the combo a try at some point. But yes you are correct its not exactly curing tolerance as its just a combination. I could have easily said mdma and ket. However it was mentioned in the article so that's why I also mentioned it. If somehow, by taking Pramipexole and ket I get the same strong high each month then that could be a technique for maintaining a good high.

I will provide an update once I get round to trying it out. If tweakers can reset tolerance there must be a way for ket that's not discovered yet

Tbh I have no idea why any of those things I mentioned helped my tolerance but I could take guesses. I eat meat and I've been so lazy to go to the gym so I didnt say it to promote not eating meat or getting healthier. Just my experience from when I did try those things and I was keeping fit

It's certainly confusing because you want the high to be as great as it was when you first started but then you would spend more money to get high more often. However if you have tolerance you are also spending more money for the same effect or less. So does that mean its the same either way? Health wise perhaps taking a break is beneficial but I mean if you could reset tolerance then it would be up to the user to take breaks if it benefits them and not because they are trying to get a greater high next time so either way I guess reset tolerance would be good unless you are weak and have no willpower

In other words - and please excuse the hyperbole - let's indeed find out how to reset tolerance, because addicts are will-less weaklings anyway whose health is simply not important compared to the quality and efficiency of my own high?

I would agree that treating addiction purely as a medical problem has an aspect of disempowerment, despite its usefulness in curbing the war on drugs in certain places. But treating addiction as a purely moral issue carries the opposite element of victim blaming.. drawing the line behind one's own heels, perhaps through internalization and projection of the societal narrative which considers you weak and without willpower for engaging in substance use to begin with. People's psychological and neurological makeup varies a great deal, and not everyone has the same prefrontal cortex needed to reduce all action to choice, or the general integrity of the structures across the sagittal plane representing the other variables involved.

If we can't imagine a compassionate harm reduction angle to it (though there might be), I don't think reducing dissociative tolerance is a very worthwhile endeavour. Apart from keeping fit that is, for which there's indeed consensus.

Havent done ket in 13 months. Needed around 350 - 400 mg to k hole in the end via snorting, so my tolerance never got mega there. But i was using 1 g per weekend in 2021 for 2 months. and i noticed my tolerance had increased alot compared to when i was new.

The holes got darker aswell and scared me shitless. I could never afford with the prices here to ever do like 14 g a month lol

Havent done ket in 13 months. Needed around 350 - 400 mg to k hole in the end via snorting, so my tolerance never got mega there. But i was using 1 g per weekend in 2021 for 2 months. and i noticed my tolerance had increased alot compared to when i was new.

The holes got darker aswell and scared me shitless. I could never afford with the prices here to ever do like 14 g a month lol
Hi mate. See you about sparsely but tbh I'm frequenting here unoftenish myself now but hope you're okay.

So on this, it's an anomaly again surely.

Like no way I ever felt I lost magic of exstacy.

For me it was like tuning a fork, or the consciousness.

No LSD tolerance at all, did past but as you'll know anyway somehow altered it.

I was really depressed Jan 2019 1st tripping in years, 2nd experience mute-ish 3rd a waste.

I wanted to have my cake and eat it.

Before long after 6 months daily mini, 50 ug, here there up to 500 macros, it was evident there were no limitations anymore LSD worked like weed a good rest and whenever you're ready.

To this day.

I was always same with Skunk. 7 grams a week was plenty. Never needed to become a 7 to 10 gram blunt smoker a day, or 1/2 ounce like say Howard Marks.

And my weed tolerance never went awol.

Ketamine too. I used a lot. 4-6 grams a week uncut 2 years. But it always worked, never became mute.

I still wonder if frequent intake of shrooms was the factor?