• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives How best to reset my Ketamine tolerance? Do any supplements help or just time?

dude_87

Greenlighter
Ketamine is probably my favourite drug, but it no longer works for me. Last weekend I did a 0.5g rail and felt almost nothing, and definitely felt none of the trippy effects I used to enjoy like the feeling that I am sucked into a movie, fish bowl, weird depth perception, etc...
I know I have to take a long break, so I plan to do so, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to reduce my tolerance? For example, are there any supplements that might help?
Right now my plan is to take a break until April 24th, since that is my final exam and I will be finished school. Is 70 days enough?
Has anyone else successfully gotten rid of their K tolerance so that it feels like the very first time they've done it?
A bit of background on me. I've done a lot of K in my time, but only ever on weekends. I've probably used it for around 3 years and rarely missed a weekend. Up until this September, I'd probably do a half gram at most per weekend, but after September my tolerance started to skyrocket and I probably would do around 1g. Other than the tolerance, I haven't noticed any negative health effects.
Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Like Sekio said, tolerance to dissociatives is extremely long lasting. From my experience and research I have come to the conclusion that is permanent in a sense. If you want a good experience with ketamine you should take a long break - I would say a year at least - and then not expect to do it again for a long while after that. For those of us with extreme tolerance, I feel extreme moderation is the only way to go.

Like Sekio said, tolerance to dissociatives is extremely long lasting. From my experience and research I have come to the conclusion that is permanent in a sense. If you want a good experience with ketamine you should take a long break - I would say a year at least - and then not expect to do it again for a long while after that. For those of us with extreme tolerance, I feel extreme moderation is the only way to go.

This is disappointing news but I can't say that I'm surprised. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise though...

Does anyone know what it is about dissociatives that makes the tolerance so long lasting?

I usually get a pretty good reset from just a month break.
But long term i still feel the tolerance creeping higher and higher.
I basicly cant hole on just snorting it any more.
If I do a psychedelic combo i can get some strong effects though.
But othervice i have to do IM shots to get to a hole nowadays.

Same with me. Snorting it literally stopped working after a couple years of using. I switched to IM and the magic is there, but I don't get Kd out often, because a hundred bucks isn't easy to come by, so usually once a month or so and it usually works. Other ROAs (IM/V) are needed for me to hole like I'm used to. I strongly suggest against IV unless you have a nurse or experienced friend dosing you. Dosing yourself IV can be very dangerous and can lead to you passing out with a needle in your arm. Yeah, snorting stopped working after a while. I'm 32 now and I started when I was like 15 and eventually in my mid 20s snorting stopped working, Like literally I'd do a line and feel close to nothing. I then do a shot of the same dosage and it's a totally different experience. Plus when snorting, not all the line you are snorting gets ingested, so dosing is not in full. I never did huge amounts daily, but when I would IM it was usually 300-500mg to hole. Also, Anesket gets me there, some other brands don't cut it. So basically K tolerance creeps up on you, but if you buy when you can afford it assuming you're not rich you should be alright. For me that's once every couple months and it would work well. A nice weekend's worth of kitty and then a couple months of waiting for the next "binge" I use that term losely because I don't see 2 vials as a binge due to my tolerance. My experience with powder and distilled water is pretty shitty. I much prefer sealed vials. Us old time Ktards are spoiled and if it's not sealed it's not worth your time. Good luck though, for me a couple times a year lets my tolerance not go to shit. I definitely notice long term tolerance which is why snorting it doesn't do much for me. Good luck!

I try to limit my use to 2-3days per month att most.
That way My tolerance seems to not build more.

I already have quite a bit though, if let alone i can easily go through 2g in intramuscular shots in a day.

I only snort ket if i combine it with psychedelics.

I'd likely be in that department if I could afford it say if I lived in the EU. I live in the US and 100$ gets me a lot of things and rarely should I be using it on a gram of kitty. Fortunately, a gram gets me a few good doses. so I usually buy a ball or the like on the dn.

In pretty much every instance the best you will get is a temporary reduction that will jump right back after a couple doses.
With the tolerance being (semi) permanent there is no way afaik to permanently reduce it.

So if it's real high like mine you should give plenty of time between uses and limit how much you use at that time.
That or see if one of the many ACH analogues suits you. With most of them being more potent you will get more of an effect. Ket is one of the least potent of the family so with tolerance it can be problematic to dose.

Similar experience where your tolerance is low when you get back to it, but it builds up quickly and also you're used to doing a larger amount so your tolerance will jump back up if you do the same dose. This is why a lot of people overdose on Heroin. They do the same amount after a period of absence and then die. Fortunately, Ketamine isn't as neurotoxic and your tolerance going down will mean you'll trip harder, not that you're likey to die if you do the same dose. I think I'm going to start at 200mg when I try again. I was always doing 300-500mg holes, but I'll start at 200 and hopefully, I can stay there. I dose IM so it all gets ingested, no rocks caught in my nostrils. Yeah K tolerance is a real pain. Good luck, just do it in sessions rather than weekly. I started doing it once every couple of months and it's much more enjoyable that way.

Similar experience where your tolerance is low when you get back to it, but it builds up quickly and also you're used to doing a larger amount so your tolerance will jump back up if you do the same dose. This is why a lot of people overdose on Heroin. They do the same amount after a period of absence and then die. Fortunately, Ketamine isn't as neurotoxic and your tolerance going down will mean you'll trip harder, not that you're likely to die if you do the same dose. I think I'm going to start at 200mg when I try again. I was always doing 300-500mg holes, but I'll start at 200 and hopefully, I can stay there. I dose IM so it all gets ingested, no rocks caught in my nostrils. Yeah K tolerance is a real pain. Good luck, just do it in sessions rather than weekly. I started doing it once every couple of months and it's much more enjoyable that way.

Has anyone ever attempted using an AMPA modulator for awhile, something like racetams, to see if there was any positive effect on dissociative tolerance?

From my personal experience a long break will reset it almost entirely however it doesn't matter how long I took off (even years) it would build back up very rapidly if I started again, nothing you can really do about it

For instance I went to a festival in 2019, had probably not done more than 1 or 2 lines of k for about 3 years. On the first day I was fucked all the time. By day 3 I was boshing grams and getting nothing at all (I was doing it pretty much continuously over this time)

Essentially there is no way to do it regularly and keep your tolerance low. Like me you can come off it for good and then still have the occasional night on it and it'll be potent as ever. But any sustained use is going to have you back where you started within days

The only antidote I found was IVing it. I never seemed to have much tolerance buildup with that route, maybe just because even tiny bits are so intense via that ROA. Needless to say that became the focus of my addiction and is something that I will directly recommend you never do

Not recomending this but....

Intramuscular shots is at least tvice as strong as snorting ket.
However the effects are slightly different, injections def hit more in the body.
Whereas snorting is more of a head high.

If im not mixing ket with anything i Always use needles.(mostly do ket at home watching weird movies)

If im at a festival i can easily do +3g of ket per day snorted.(mixed with other drugs aswell)
But with needles i rarely do more then 1,5g in a whole day.
I also get way more high from that compared to snorting 3g.

So yeah, either try to only do 1binge of ket per month.
Or try needles and be able to cut your dose in half and get way deeper in the Hole.

Its honestly not even comparable, injected ket is so much stronger then snorted.
Its a dif drug almost, like comparing mexican brick weed to honey oil.

Not recomending this but....

Intramuscular shots is at least tvice as strong as snorting ket.
However the effects are slightly different, injections def hit more in the body.
Whereas snorting is more of a head high.

If im not mixing ket with anything i Always use needles.(mostly do ket at home watching weird movies)

If im at a festival i can easily do +3g of ket per day snorted.(mixed with other drugs aswell)
But with needles i rarely do more then 1,5g in a whole day.
I also get way more high from that compared to snorting 3g.

So yeah, either try to only do 1binge of ket per month.
Or try needles and be able to cut your dose in half and get way deeper in the Hole.

Its honestly not even comparable, injected ket is so much stronger then snorted.
Its a dif drug almost, like comparing mexican brick weed to honey oil.
I was just talking about IVK use in another thread. I've never snorted K for comparison but have both snorted and IV MXE and can tell you that if K is like MXE then an IV hole is a far different experience compared to a hole obtained with nasal usage. Whole other animal completely. I actually thought IV K and MXE were so much alike that the easiest way to tell them apart would be dosage and duration. MXE is WAY more potent by mg and it also lasts a lot longer but the IV rush and resulting hole was so much like ketamine!!!