• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals How bad tasting is San Pedro

If you get a good dose, a cactus-mescaline trip could last up to 8-12 hours. So be careful.

haha, Good thread. :)

My answer: Absolutely awful. One of the worst tasting things to have made contact with my tastebuds.

Coincidentally it's one of my absolute favorite psychedelics. So much love and wisdom contained in them cacti. :) <3

The alcohol extraction is the method I've used the most. In the early days I used to make the foul tasting tea but the taste and nausea made me look into alternative preparation methods.

Wait till the rents are out ofthe house for 3-4 hours (they cant be at home all the time)and boil it up.

Thenook stuff was great thanks to the poster of that link.

And honestly, they are dude. My dad is unemployed and so he's fairly unpredictable. Like he never leaves for long and god knows when he comes back. Sister also is a problem and she works only a couple hours a day. My mom works a lot..

My best bet would be like a Wednesday or something but yeah idk...

I do like the idea of drying it out and all. I could skin, dice, and let sit on a cookie sheet under some lamps overnight. Then grind and down.

Boiling it is going to stink the house out for a long time. If someone is coming back in 4 hours forget about boiling.

It is an acquired taste, like wine or poppy tea. It is bitter and sour, but I don't find it bad tasting.

I like to think of it as 'cactus blood' while I'm drinking it... kind of gives me a pre-trip adrenaline rush.

That stuff is FOUL, my dad wouldn't finish more than a few gulps before resisting the bitterness.
I made a sludgy goo with cactuspowder and acidified water but it got so sludgy it wouldn't separate. So if I took a piece in my mouth I couldn't bite it off but had to keep sucking it up or something.
Yeah I only got minor effects from it, colored static vision when we were caught in a snowstorm. It was awesome we couldn't see a few feet ahead! Very adventurous day despite the threshold psychedelia.

Next time I'll freeze n thaw the stuff and throw in the blender to destroy the plant cells and gooey structure because sludge doesnt work.

If you gulp it down ice cold it numbs the taste and smell.

Acid extractions taste like puke. Tincture with the alcohol evaporated tastes somewhat like yerba mate, pleasant flavor albeit very bitter.

>delsymfam- that sucks you cant get any time without the rents. Though plenty of people do dry it and eat it. I guess thats kinda your only option unless you know a friend whose parents arnt around a lot. You also dont NEED to boil for four hours, 2 will do in a pinch but will leave you with a lot more liquid to drink. Good luck, howver you take it, mescaline is great stuff.

For me it didnt really stink up the place at all when i boiled it.

It's so easy to just dry the active part of the Cati; then grind in a coffee grinder to a powdery form, then cap them.

Good thread, I'm in the same situation as the thread starter, and Iv'e given this some thought...

One thing you could try is asking a friend who dosn't have the problem with rents if they would like to be in on your mesaline trip. Tell them to buy a cactus and then prepare them both together on their hob. Just tell your parents your sleeping at a mates house, go round early in the day, prepare your goods, then that evening, enjoy it!

Can anybody tell me which extraction method is less likley too induce nausea, because I'm sick very easily.

http://www.thenook.org/archives/tek/MePedroPreparation.htm

or...

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

Good luck...

i've capped over 10 ounces of the dried stuff. it was totally worth it compared to the tea. sure, it took about a day, but at a gram per capsule, you need to swallow about a hundred for a good trip, about 100g of the dried powder, although, my best experience was with 150g. you can't really taste anything with the pills, but the tea isn't the same. the tea isn't as horrible as most say, but it does have a strange unique taste to it. i'm just scared of destroying the alkaloids when i heat it up, so i do just prefer to take the capsules, but the tea is A LOT less to take down. that's just my opinion.

i boiled it down into a disgusting gooey gunk and drank it, and just got a bad stomache and felt tired and had som CEV's

4E0cryQosWCE.png