• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How bad is your life when your only escape is tramadol?

TDO90

Bluelighter
I only take it about three times a month and my dosage is about 150mg-200mg every time but it's the only thing I enjoy in my life. 8 hours where I actually enjoy my life and I don't feel depressed or anxious. I just don't know what else I can do. Nothing else ever worked :(

Tramadol is great at 200mg. I'm unable to take any just now as I'm taking amitriptyline 🤗

Hey TD! No worries man. A lot of us have found solace in drugs. Opioids are the closest thing to a physical manifestation of the emotion of contentment that there is on the planet. I've heard some people get the same feeling as I do from Heroin by doing things like caring for others, having friends and not being completely alienated from society. It takes all kinds.

If you don't mind, I'm going to move this over to our sub-forum known as "The Dark Side". It's a place to discuss the negative impact that drugs have or maybe habve had on your life with people who have experienced similar emotions. I think you'll find some good help, support and advice over there. Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk!

Hey TD! No worries man. A lot of us have found solace in drugs. Opioids are the closest thing to a physical manifestation of the emotion of contentment that there is on the planet. I've heard some people get the same feeling as I do from Heroin by doing things like caring for others, having friends and not being completely alienated from society. It takes all kinds.

That's very true Keif and I as well have consistently been provided with a sense of inner peace and tranquility through the use of Opioids. Also I get this effect from the use of psychedelics but its degree is more variable from trip to trip and im aware that it isn't like that for everyone concerning them. Opiates on the other hand always make me feel really wonderful until I don't have anymore left, then my misery is refunded as they say in the rooms.

Better than the life of a heroin addict who escapes life every 4 hours and devastates life in the process

I was dog sitting for a guy who had a stash of tramadol and I took all of it within two weeks. Too bad I didn't enjoy it aside from feeling high a few times. I started noticing a physical addiction coming on towards the end. You might think that sounds crazy but I think everybody's metabolism is different. Anyway I always felt uneasy on it and off it, like I was conscious of when I needed it the next day before I finally ran out. I guess it's good if you have a steady supply and don't feel addicted to it in any way. For me it was just an innocent experiment

There was another synthetic opioid he had that I took, you guys probably know what I'm talking about and it's one that was banned. Anyway I really like that stuff and took it up the ass. It felt really euphoric to me. Then I read up on it and found out it causes heart failure. When I tried oxycodone, mind you I was in pain from an infected ankle I thought it was good but not what I expected even after my refill. I like morphine quite a bit though and I only had it orally

Maybe your problem goes deeper, like maybe it's psychological. I know I solve my issues with psychedelics. That is, they're the only thing that work. Opiates are good to block out pain and outside noise, but if you have other problems maybe something else would help. Not that I'm promoting psychedelics, just making an observation. Good luck :)

If you don't mind, I'm going to move this over to our sub-forum known as "The Dark Side". It's a place to discuss the negative impact that drugs have or maybe habve had on your life with people who have experienced similar emotions. I think you'll find some good help, support and advice over there. Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk!
I'm sorry, I had a bit too much wine when I made this thread. But everything I said is true. Certain substances help me escape and feel better for a while and it's the only thing I have to look forward to. Makes depression and anxiety more tolerable.

I'm sorry, I had a bit too much wine when I made this thread. But everything I said is true. Certain substances help me escape and feel better for a while and it's the only thing I have to look forward to. Makes depression and anxiety more tolerable.

Yea, I think if all of our cumulative knowledge of Opioids consisted solely of Opioids and their acute and semi-acute (a few weeks, months maybe) effects on people, things would be different. There are a lot of scientific and medical facts that seem so obvious to us today but were only discovered truly after centuries of direct and indirect observation. The issue that I'm speaking to is the fact that Opioids have a tendency to "stop working". There are many factors at play here that produce our absolute and subjective tolerance(s) to Opiates. Receptors become modified, more are produced, the feeling produced by Opiates becomes more pedestrian the more you do it; all kinds of stuff.

My point is that, Opioids are miracle medicine. Society would be a lot different if we didn't have them at our disposal. The positive effects of Opioids are fleeting though. This includes their effects on chronic pain. I would argue that the primary goal of a dedicated pain management service is to keep tolerance at bay for as long as possible. It's normal to react to early experiences like this. Opioids are very effective anxiolytics and antidepressants in the short term. I forget exactly how long my honeymoon period lasted with Heroin, but it couldn't have been more than 6-9 months before the wheels began to seriously start falling off.

It would be great if you could keep your usage to certain occasions, but this is not generally how it works. They are called highly addictive for a reason. Like anything though, some people can take them or leave them. I think it is unlikely that your usage of Opioids, even the mild ones, will lead to anything other than an addiction and dependency, no matter how crazy this may sound to you right now. Everybody is different and perhaps you are.

Yea, I think if all of our cumulative knowledge of Opioids consisted solely of Opioids and their acute and semi-acute (a few weeks, months maybe) effects on people, things would be different. There are a lot of scientific and medical facts that seem so obvious to us today but were only discovered truly after centuries of direct and indirect observation. The issue that I'm speaking to is the fact that Opioids have a tendency to "stop working". There are many factors at play here that produce our absolute and subjective tolerance(s) to Opiates. Receptors become modified, more are produced, the feeling produced by Opiates becomes more pedestrian the more you do it; all kinds of stuff.

My point is that, Opioids are miracle medicine. Society would be a lot different if we didn't have them at our disposal. The positive effects of Opioids are fleeting though. This includes their effects on chronic pain. I would argue that the primary goal of a dedicated pain management service is to keep tolerance at bay for as long as possible. It's normal to react to early experiences like this. Opioids are very effective anxiolytics and antidepressants in the short term. I forget exactly how long my honeymoon period lasted with Heroin, but it couldn't have been more than 6-9 months before the wheels began to seriously start falling off.

It would be great if you could keep your usage to certain occasions, but this is not generally how it works. They are called highly addictive for a reason. Like anything though, some people can take them or leave them. I think it is unlikely that your usage of Opioids, even the mild ones, will lead to anything other than an addiction and dependency, no matter how crazy this may sound to you right now. Everybody is different and perhaps you are.
I never been dependent on them, no matter how bad my depression feels. I've been taking them like this for years but with long breaks, I still feel much better after only taking 50 mg of tramadol. I never abused anything long term, probably because I know that every substance eventually stops working.

might be worth having venlafaxine prescribed as it hits most of the same receptors with none of the opiate if you are wanting to maintain any sobriety