• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos How bad is this withdrawal going to be?

vlzinspace

Bluelighter
This is pissing me off. Anyways, somehow my flualps are days behind arriving for no reason and I have no clue if its an actual medical emergency that I suddenly stop 6mg flualp a day, though lately its been flubromazolam 1mg per day to stave wds cus i ran outta flualp, and I still feel iffy despite them. Now I'm on my last flubro. Considering I'm on the hardest stuff for a decent period of time (10 months or something, progressively ofc) I would imagine I'm in trouble. Should I go to a hospital? I live alone thousands of miles from family and I have a dog, so... No idea what to do.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry for not understanding :/ please tell me what benzo did you take ? And how long did you take it? Evryday or not ? How much did you take?

Sorry for not understanding :/ please tell me what benzo did you take ? And how long did you take it? Evryday or not ? How much did you take?
I mainly take flualprazolam but I tend to swing around with the others sometimes as well, like clonazolam and norflurazepam. Ive been taking these for around 10 months, and yes everyday, only in higher doses in the recent months (6mg flualprazolam, 3mg clonazolam).

Yes you'll probably want to go to the hospital. 6mg/day of flualprazolam is definitely enough to make you a seizure risk. It is a medical emergency. Even 1mg of flubromazolam is alot (which would be something like a good 50mg of diazepam), and it sounds like even that isn't holding you.

Optimally they will give you a short supply of something but that can't be assumed, so I don't know what you can do about the dog. Maybe drop it off at a dog board-and-care place or with a neighbor.

Definitely a rough spot but having a seizure is even rougher.

Yeah - you're taking the equivalent to 3 bars of Xanax a day or 12 doses. Flualp is about the same strength in a different hypnotic / sedative type blend for effects. I'm not a benzo expert so I forget the thrid people always say.

I have a theory here which may help if you can't make the hospital. Remember how benzos can withdraw you from alcohol? THe other way can be done too, but you need to be careful and take it EASY. its a TEMP measure because alcohol is volatile and low halflife comparatively with continuously poisonous effects if you're going heavy.

I found this answer to a similar question on quora from a substance misuse practitioner - to back me up. (to the question CAN I taper xanax with alcohol)

"Yeah but it's not safe. 2 units sipped over 30 minutes should relieve the withdrawal for an hour or two. Repeat as nessecary, but get script refilled as soon as possible as it's really not safe."

I didnt read the rest of the answers past the one I found and the rest all seem to be not a real answer but more whatever story so just check the link for that and if theres another actual answer thats on point later maybe.

If you have a bit of alcohol on hand, a but of moderate drinking while you plan a serious stay or I mean go somewhere - sounds wise.

Thanks for all the love guys. Just gonna find out what happens since there's no other option. Family don't care enough lmao. Anyways thanks y'all. Appreciate the info

Talk to your neighbours. Even if it's just for your dog bro. Tell them you have been cut from your medication recently and don't know how you are going to react. You sound like you are in us or Canada and people are pretty aware of pharmaceutic withdrawals. Ask if they can check on you by phone, that you might need them to feed your dog.

It's better than dying alone and your dog slowly starving/dehydrating to death.

I'm good but yeah it was def life threatening. It attacks muscles and nerves hard. Twice I thought my heart was going to congest to death

Anyway, yeah don't do that. Going to use 3mg a day taper.

Did your flualprazolam come then? Hope so. Some good advice here anyway. You should definitely start a slow taper.

Yeah I'm just going to do 3mg a day (1.5mg per 12 hours) then reduce it to 2.25 next week, then 1.5 etc. Down to 0. Its just too threatening to the heart the way I was feeling.

That's quite rapid but if you feel ok it shouldn't be dangerous. Just try to take a dose before bed to be able to sleep hopefully. Don't feel too bad if you have to slow the taper down a bit, especially when you get below 2mg. Good luck.

Glad you made it through and have your benzos again. My guess will be that that taper is too rapid. Typically 10% per week is recommended as the maximum, which means it gets to be less and less of a drop as time goes on. Such a taper takes a long time, but it makes you suffer less, and perhaps more importantly, it makes you less likely to cave in and relapse and ruin your progress. Even cheating one day and taking more will set you back.

You are right. The 3mg taper despite the week break still isn't enough. Bumping up to 2.25 then 2.25 and seeing how that goes. Still quite a drop I think. I can manage it though. Some icky shit. Rather be dying inside from an opiate withdrawal tbh.

Definitively stabilize before performing any tweaking, please. ;)
Believe it or not you are in good company.
<3
peace

You are right. The 3mg taper despite the week break still isn't enough. Bumping up to 2.25 then 2.25 and seeing how that goes. Still quite a drop I think. I can manage it though. Some icky shit. Rather be dying inside from an opiate withdrawal tbh.

That seems to be a pretty potent dose considering that 1 mg is a heavy dose.

You might consider switching to flubromazepam. It has a half-life of 106 hours and the moderate dose is in the 6 mg, which means it's easier to dose and easier to titrate and easier to taper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitively stabilize before performing any tweaking, please. ;)
Believe it or not you are in good company.
<3
peace
Haha unfortunately I snorted 30mg meth earlier, flualp has fucked me up. When I take it I don't get high then tired anymore, I just go to the sleepy AF phase... Hard to go to work like that. I don't do meth everyday but flualps a goddamn mammoth tranquilizer.

I'll probly just do what the fella above me said with the flubromazepam. I've done them and they definitely work. I just wonder how long its going to take me to get completely off... I only began this shit because somebody gave me 200 3mg flualps for free and I have a sleeping problem. Whoops.

Tldr: use rc chems very sparlingly or not at all. Or get merked.

It's a monstrous jones, hang in there,and dont listen to negative head talk. it's just side effects clickin'

Last edited: