• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How bad is the nausea from taking Tramadol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really heavily depends on the person taking the drug. If you are completely opiate naive 50mg is a good place to start. The chances are unless you are allergic, have a very weak stomach, or are extremely sensitive to the drug, there should be no nausea experienced. No on is going to be able to tell you for certain though.

I've never gotten nausea from tramadol or ANY opiate for that matter, but every now and then the tramadol will activate my gag reflex just a little bit and it's not the opiate part of it doing it, it's the massive rush of serotonin and norepinephrine the snri component of it brings, I think that that's my favorite part of tramadol the stimulation it provides.

Tramadol doesn't nearly produce nausea to the extent that the non synthetic opiates do

While some have reported throwing up on very high doses of it (that wouldn't be anywhere near safe to begin with), 50 mg should be a safe place to test the water.

It's definately ymmv as someone already said, but unless there's an individual sensitivty or other interaction going on the chances are low..

yeah, I've taken everything from codeine to oxycodone to Opana(oxymoprhone) and never had any nausea whatsoever, in fact my buddy took some opana and was puking his guts out for a couple of hours, I snorted about twice what he did and just felt really Great, and I don't have much of a tolerance either, I guess I'm just impervious to opiate related nausea in general

Firsrt time I tool Tramadol, (300mg, prolonged relese) I did throw. On distance, like across the pavement :] But it wasn't anything unpleasent.
In the morning I was throwing too. That wasn't as much fun
After 50mg, you probably would be alright. It a starter dose in pain managment AFAIK.

Firsrt time I tool Tramadol, (300mg, prolonged relese) I did throw. On distance, like across the pavement :] But it wasn't anything unpleasent.
In the morning I was throwing too. That wasn't as much fun
After 50mg, you probably would be alright. It a starter dose in pain managment AFAIK.

Your the first person I've heard of that threw up on Tramadol.

Ive taken 400mg of tramadol without any side effects and a slight uplifted buzz, to each their own i guess. You would have to have a very weak stomach for 50mg of tramadol to nauseate you o_O

^One or 2 out of 6 of my friends did too, but only the day after

I think you have to have a very weak stomach to throw up on Tramadol.

Only opiate I've ever thrown up on was after taking 160mg of oxycodone with a 40mg tolerance. It was the day after. I couldn't stop. But Tramadol...no way, not possible

I'd be surprised that 50 mg tramadol would cause any nausea even for an opiate-naive individual. It certainly never did for me, but no opiates have really made me nauseous. It is possible, though, and if it does lying down would certainly help.

Tramadol is not associated with nausea unless you start hitting doses with a pronounced opiated effect (+300mgs).

50 mg to fucking much 100 is murder 150mg is death well thats what it feels like I aint taking that shit no more.

50 mg to fucking much 100 is murder 150mg is death well thats what it feels like I aint taking that shit no more.

What? 150mg death? Tramadol is nothing to me. I honestly get better pain relief from Ibuprofen. Very little recreational effects and only at doses around 400mg

My Grandpa takes this stuff for his bad knee and never had problems like seizures or vomiting...None whatsoever...and he is just 88 years old....

Status
Not open for further replies.