• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How bad is LSD's cross tolerance with tryptamines?

Goddess Mode

Bluelighter
I recently came into the possession of a number of tryptamine RCs which I am excited to try. For the last few months I've been using LSD almost exclusively when it comes to psychedelics, and I got into the habit of dosing about once a week. Normally that's easy for me because though I do get myself pumped up for tripping the LSD leaves me satisfied for a bit, but my last trip was sort of disappointing (due to setting, not tolerance). I would really like to dose again soon both just to do something different for once and to make up for that, but that LSD trip just took place on Monday evening. Would it be worth it for me to dose again tonight? I know that three days is better than nothing, but if I do dose I would like to at least get something worthwhile out of it. If it was just a small issue I could at least use one of the couple of tryptamines I've tried before so that I don't feel like I'm detracting from an entirely new experience, I'd just like some outside opinions first.

Many on here will disappoint you and say that to really get the magic back you need months, or a month

See if you can alternate weekends of tryptamines and LSD - I find it a real struggle not to do these drugs very often because they are so exciting. But Im very new to it so dont know the damage it is really doing!

I would probably wait at least a week for tolerance to drop.

A week alone would totally be enough for me, I'm just not sure about sooner than that. That's what I'm expecting most people to say, though. Thanks for the input.

Many on here will disappoint you and say that to really get the magic back you need months, or a month

See if you can alternate weekends of tryptamines and LSD - I find it a real struggle not to do these drugs very often because they are so exciting. But Im very new to it so dont know the damage it is really doing!

Thanks for the response. Those people would be wrong though, the magic is back for me in a week. Two weeks makes it practically like it's my first time ever taking it again.

I can guarantee that alternating weekends would be perfect for me, because that's already what I do, but I'm not planning to use LSD again for a while, just the tryptamines. I have ten different options in that respect so I'm not worried about a lack of novelty or anything. I'm really just wondering about if three days is too short of a time for this one particular instance. I've known people to take tryptamines every few days without tolerance too, I'm just not sure about LSD....

Also, I've been doing this for years and fully believe that it causes no damage whatsoever.

I know someone who says on 3 out of 4 days of a festival he will take 4ACODMT at a 50mg dosage.

I on the other hand have had 500ug LSD completely blocked bcos I had taken 40mg 2cb that night.

Im sure its highly individualised.

Tell me tho, what are the 10 different RC Tryptamines?

I can only think of 4ACODMT, 5MEODMT, foxy moxy, etc

Hehe, yeah I knew someone like that once as well, only it's LSD four days in a row.... I don't know how he did it. As for the 2C-B, are you sure it wasn't a direct interaction too since it was on the same night? 2C-I 100% mutes a tryptamine mindset for me when taken at the same time. I'm sure you're right though, since psychedelics are so variable anyway.

I actually don't consider 5-MeO-DMT a RC, since it's entirely natural. Currently I have 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-DET, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-DiPT, MiPT, DPT, and DALT.

Let us know which you find is your favourite! My only familiarity is with 4-AcO-DMT and I possibly prefer it to Psilocybin

Tolerance and especially cross-tolerance is not entirely predictable, no. If you have plenty of product then I guess it couldn't really hurt to try but just be prepared to get disappointed. If you can be at all patient then just waiting a week is always a good plan.

(I don't think psilocin / psilocybin is the exact same as mushrooms that contain them among other things... psilocin felt a little different to me than mushrooms. I find psilocin to be more akin stretched out and a little less hectic DMT, 4-AcO-DMT feels like that as well but even more dilated / stretched out. Sure mushrooms have a similar feel to DMT having tryptamines that are closely related... but I find mushrooms to feel more like a confused 'unclean' dreamy mix of tryptamines while all the other ones feel more 'clear'.
Pure synthetics tend to feel that way to me compared to natural mixes, just like cannabis vs. a single cannabinoid. Hash oil is in the middle, it feels half purified.)

I've always had really unreliable data in my personal notes when it comes to these sorts of issues. I once took 3.5g of mushrooms and had a pretty mild threshold trip. I took the same exact dose from the same exact batch the very next day and had a crazy good, immersive trip. Another time, I took LSD two weekends in a row, which is usually understood to be enough time for tolerance to drop, and the second weekend's trip was diminished substantially, and I assumed this was from tolerance from the previous week. I've done mushrooms and LSD in two consecutive days, and that seemed to work out just fine. In short, the only way to tell is to put the drug in my mouth (or ass, or nose, or whatever) and see what happens.

If you're not concerned about limited supply, then my advice would be to give it a shot, you never know. If there are concerns about limited supplies, I would save the doses for a time when you know you're more likely to get what you want out of it so it doesn't go to waste. In many cases, I would advise you to up the dose just a little from your usual dose, but since these chemicals seem to be new to you, that's not really a wise idea.

Let us know which you find is your favourite! My only familiarity is with 4-AcO-DMT and I possibly prefer it to Psilocybin

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be writing multiple trip reports for each of them. =D I have tried 4-AcO-DMT before but only in a combination; I'm looking forward to seeing how it is on its own. Mushrooms have an extremely distinct character among psychedelics for me so I want to see how much it truly relates. n_n

Tolerance and especially cross-tolerance is not entirely predictable, no. If you have plenty of product then I guess it couldn't really hurt to try but just be prepared to get disappointed. If you can be at all patient then just waiting a week is always a good plan.

I have enough to work with each a handful of times, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if it was a little weaker this one time.... I don't need to trip balls every week anyway. :) See, here's my rationale that I haven't covered yet.... With my work schedule, considering the days I often get free and the fact that I never know my week at all until Monday, I find that Thursday or Friday night it's usually my preferred tripping time. I like to trip the night before a day off usually, which for me is usually Friday or Saturday, and this week I do have Sunday off so that would be a full five days since my last trip, but it doesn't give me as much time to work with next week if they give me a weird schedule and I need to trip earlier in the week, you know? This week was an odd one too, I only tripped on Monday because a close friend was in town visiting. If I did it tonight, it would likely just get me back on my usual once a week schedule. For that reason I wouldn't be overly bummed to have a little bit weaker of an effect just this once, especially since after my last trip I really just want to have a nice, relaxing experience.

----------

EDIT: Sorry transitionsynth, I didn't see you there before I posted! I'm on my phone and can only post on and off right now, but I'll respond to you when I can. :)

I've always had really unreliable data in my personal notes when it comes to these sorts of issues. I once took 3.5g of mushrooms and had a pretty mild threshold trip. I took the same exact dose from the same exact batch the very next day and had a crazy good, immersive trip. Another time, I took LSD two weekends in a row, which is usually understood to be enough time for tolerance to drop, and the second weekend's trip was diminished substantially, and I assumed this was from tolerance from the previous week. I've done mushrooms and LSD in two consecutive days, and that seemed to work out just fine. In short, the only way to tell is to put the drug in my mouth (or ass, or nose, or whatever) and see what happens.

If you're not concerned about limited supply, then my advice would be to give it a shot, you never know. If there are concerns about limited supplies, I would save the doses for a time when you know you're more likely to get what you want out of it so it doesn't go to waste. In many cases, I would advise you to up the dose just a little from your usual dose, but since these chemicals seem to be new to you, that's not really a wise idea.

Haha, well certainly makes me just want to go for it. :p I probably will end up tripping tonight, I guess I was just trying to get some kind of idea of what to expect. Like I said in my last post too, I do have enough for a good few trips of each, and I probably will go with 4-AcO-DMT just because unlike all the others except 4-HO-MiPT, which I would rather save, I at least know that I don't react negatively to that and would fine taking a larger dose than I last used. I'm thinking about aiming for something like 40-50 mg. :3

I don't like the sounds of it
you go to the edge and what happens happens.
if it was not satisfactory well then tough
don't try to go to the edge before the edge is ready to have you
it is too forced.

that said I am very familiar with the urge to be edgetoxicated and tend to go every 4 or 5 days, sometimes with nbox and alternatively lsz

That's not really the way I see the situation though.... I would say I was never "edgetoxicated" during my last trip. The reason it was disappointing had nothing to do with the trip itself. It was really just the fact that the setting itself was so shitty that I barely even got to acknowledge the fact that I was on a psychedelic at all until after the peak, so to me it almost felt like a lack of experience. That's why I was left wanting.

Dosing on 40 mg soon. ;)