• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How bad is kratom withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dthorse5

Greenlighter
Just wondering how bad kratom withdrawal gets compred to say 2mg buprenorphine or 50mg oxycodone? Really paranoid about getting in over my head again, i need 11-15gr to get a good high but have needed that since the start.

I have access to lots pf suboxone,clonidine,gabapentin for detox if its not that bad i will keep using

It shouldn't be anything close to even 20mg oxy physically even if you used high doses for a long time. It has saved me from heroin relapse though and life is great and stable thanks to it :)

The worst part is restlessness. I was going on huge 6 hour walks every day because when I walking I felt fine. Other symptoms were mild... including watery eyes, yawning, running nose. Absolutely nothing compared to the hell of true opiate withdrawal.

Like oxyloveUK and Pickledlemons said, most people find Kratom withdrawals to be quicker and easier than traditional opiate/opioid withdrawals.

Some people will disagree and say they experienced absolutely horrible Kratom withdrawals. It can vary person to person but most would agree it's easier.

Personally, I find the physical symptoms of Kratom withdrawal to be easier but the emotional/psychological symptoms to be about the same.

Also, if you switch addictions from something like Oxy to Kratom and then quit the Kratom without any tapering then you can expect to experience similar withdrawals had you just quit the Oxy. Atleast in my experience.

Hey there Dthorse5! It's totally understandable to experience anxiety prior to an anticipated withdrawal experience, but part of what is going to help you is doing your very best to maintain strength psychologically. Of course, it is a very unpleasant experience, but what you absolutely don't want to do is completely break, as you need your wits about you if you want to succeed in the process. You have access to drugs that can essentially mitigate the majority of your withdrawal symptoms.

The thing is, it's very hard for us to answer questions in an objective manner that concern

I was taking Kratom on a daily basis for about 6 years before I got locked up last March and was forced to quit cold turkey. I didn't notice much in the way of withdrawal at all too be honest especially in the psychical department.

A little long but stay with me:

Although many people have much milder withdrawal symptoms on Kratom, I witnessed my oldest sister completely break on it.

She was taking Norco for years from online pharmacies
(Remember those?) and went to Kratom to help withdrawal. Within months she was drinking bottles of the concentrated Kratom liquid. We found those bottles all over her house.

Anyway, her daughter comes home from school to find my sister in such a state that she called 911 and one of my other sisters to come help. She spent 10 days in the hospital but didn't learn her lesson and ended up in the hospital again less than a year later.

She lost her job, her house, totalled 2 cars and depended on us to support her until we couldn't anymore.

So not only did she lose everything right before she turned 60, she also lost everyone's respect when she stole everything mom had when she died of cancer then turned around and stole everything she could get near from all of our houses. She's not allowed in my house after stealing many things from me.

Now she works for minimum wage, rents a horrible apartment and drives an old car her daughter drove as a teenager. That'd no life for someone who worked hard for 45 years. It's sad beyond belief.

Never think that Kratom is no big deal. I've witnessed the opposite. Maybe it's only the concentrated liquid Kratom but I know I won't use it if my doctor dies and I can't get my medicine. I'll use subutex or Methadone. (My doc is old..I'm not trying to be morbid lol).

Hey guys, this one is actually my fault. My computer died as I was getting ready to close this. It's just that we really cannot comment objectively on topics that are subjective by nature. It's not that we don't want to answer your question OP, it's just not really possible. It is a complex mix of somatic and physiological variables that are going to dictate how intense withdrawal is for a given person.

The only thing that I can say with definity is that, like virtually all drugs in existence (excluding diethyl ether) the severity of your withdrawal is going to be directly proportionate to the extent and duration of your intoxication.

However, if you're in withdrawal and are concerned with how to medicate it, we are here for you completely. This next bit is entirely personal, but you are already letting withdrawal beat you and you're not even in it yet. I don't buy into that "it's totally psychological" bullshit, but having your wits about you and some psychological strength is going to do you favors. You can't give up or break, as when you do, things tend to get exponentially worse.

You can always create a new thread if you have questions, but also, don't hesitate to send me a PM. I try to check my mail twice a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.