• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How "at risk" am I for WDs and addiction to kratom???

Xatravunus23

Greenlighter
I've been taking kratom almost everyday for the past month and I only to take it at night to control my anxiety and play video games. I read some articles online about kratom withdrawal and I'm wondering how bad it ACTUALLY is. Is 3 weeks usually enough for someone to experience WDs?

Kratom is an opioid and it is an agonist of mu receptors, amongst others.
Short answer, yes it is physiologically addictive and the withdrawal is an opioid withdrawal. The symptoms of withdrawal will be similar too, but less intense than stronger opioids.

Speaking from experience, you will likely feel restless and experience minor symptoms if you ceased now.
I've used Bali twice daily for about two years now in doses of 10+ grams and I can tell you without a doubt that the withdrawal is hellish. I have battled addiction with various opioids, including IV heroin so I have something to compare to.

I have not quit =D

But generally speaking, I'd say you can expect the brunt of it to occur days 1-5 and downhill from there physically. The psychological battle can last years, as with any addiction.

Someone who has fully withdrawaled from kratom will likely share their experience.

I don't really believe the whole kratom is not addictive thing. Perhaps in small doses, spaced out days apart. Daily use will almost surely lead to dependence.

10-12 grams a day MAX NO MORE and i make sure of that. 4-6 grams per dose once or twice a day only at night past 5PM

Im the same boat with u. Almost 2 months daily at this point. You will DEFINETELY have withdrawals. I even started feeling inter dose wirhdrawals 10-12 hours after dosing. Sometimes i even wake up in slight withdrawals (on the weekend cuz i sleep 10-12 hours). And if i wake up and dont take my dose, in about 1-2 hours WDs start coming on. Kratom is the only opiate i ever used so i can't compare it to other opiate WDs. But it definitely does feel shitty.

Restlessness is by far the worst symptom. If I go a day without kratom, I feel like I can barely function. You feel uncomfortable in your own skin and almost NOTHING seems pleasant or enjoyable. Following that, the next horrible symptoms are extreme fatigue and loss of motivation or interest in anything. You usual anxiety at night will shoot back up and you will not enjoy your video games or any other fun activity. Some of the more manageable symptoms are diarrhea, sudden burts of ADHD-like symptoms, diarrhea, cough, runny nose, sweating and uncomfortable body temperature. Keep im mind, I haven't been through the full cycle of WDs, this is what I just noticed from going 2 days MAX without kratom (with the help of adderall, comedown benzos, L-tyrosine, magnesium, and caffeine).

At the moment i don't have the time and strength to quit cold turkey or even taper off. Honestly, I'm scared to even think what hell im about to go through cuz I've never really been in ANY type physical withdrawals yet... But starting from june ill make a taper plan and definitely plan to cut down alot. I really hope its not at scary as it seems rn :) and good luck to you buddy! If you can, start tapering now. The longer u wait the harder it will be apparently..

Last edited:
Also on the same boat. We can call it the kratom cruise. I traded in a 150-200 mg a day oxy habit for now what I'm estimating is a 20mg a day kratom habit. I'd really like to come off it, but like many of you, "now is not the time." I also quit booze almost 2 weeks ago, so the kratom is helping keep that crippling WD/sobriety anxiety at bay. I abhor the RLS, boredom and discomfort in my own skin.

I am going to get a scale and start measuring my doses in order to properly taper. I'll also try and go from 3 doses to a steady too. Anyway you slice it, I know I'll have to pay the piper one way or another.

I do have approx 1 mg of suboxone left from my oxy WD... Anyone think taking that 1 mg would be a help? I will not get more subs, seriously, I won't.

Also on the same boat. We can call it the kratom cruise. I traded in a 150-200 mg a day oxy habit for now what I'm estimating is a 20mg a day kratom habit. I'd really like to come off it, but like many of you, "now is not the time." I also quit booze almost 2 weeks ago, so the kratom is helping keep that crippling WD/sobriety anxiety at bay. I abhor the RLS, boredom and discomfort in my own skin.

I am going to get a scale and start measuring my doses in order to properly taper. I'll also try and go from 3 doses to a steady too. Anyway you slice it, I know I'll have to pay the piper one way or another.

I do have approx 1 mg of suboxone left from my oxy WD... Anyone think taking that 1 mg would be a help? I will not get more subs, seriously, I won't.

First of all, good job for kicking oxy and booze! :) And welcome to the Kratom Cruise ;)
Do you take 20g kratom a day? (not mg) I tried to switch to weed, but it gives me no euphoria. I always feel the usual slow motion effect and music sounds better, pretty trippy. But I'm always left disappointed with the high. Theres no feeling of relief or a mild rush of that "life is good" feeling. Kratom makes me feel fully content with my life and my mind is not hyper focusing on random things and inner feelings (like weed)

Yes, of course, 20'grams a day. Guess my mind is still in oxy land. I'm with you, weed doesn't do got me what opiate or kratom does. When i get stoned, there is no hiding it. On pills and now kratom, it's my everyday drug, what I use to get through the work day, to deal with the mundane minutiae of life.

Kratom is an opioid and it is an agonist of mu receptors, amongst others.
Short answer, yes it is physiologically addictive and the withdrawal is an opioid withdrawal. The symptoms of withdrawal will be similar too, but less intense than stronger opioids.

Speaking from experience, you will likely feel restless and experience minor symptoms if you ceased now.
I've used Bali twice daily for about two years now in doses of 10+ grams and I can tell you without a doubt that the withdrawal is hellish. I have battled addiction with various opioids, including IV heroin so I have something to compare to.

Agreed

when you did quit how soon did you notice the withdrawals. Because I dont feel any withdrawal 24 hours later