Welcome How Are You in One Word vs wait! Just one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Empathetic
JK I am sorry you have to go thru that, with your dad and all, you listened and helped me when my son took off cause of my ex, I am here for ya!

Distressed: a lot of things keep happening these past weeks and it fucking sucks. One thing after another and then the loss of a few people. I hope next month is better than this one because 2016 is already off to a bad start for me.

^ what are you doing for excitement? Your in recovery not dead.. have to find something exciting to do.. skydiving?

Having excitement is not my problem. I have fun and hang out with friends and I'm doing what I want to do, but that being said you have to have money to do shit even if it's just bus fair to go out and walk around the city somewhere. I can't pay my phone bill tomorrow let alone my rent that's coming up in a few days, so it's not really like I can go out and do something I enjoy. I just feel hopeless I guess is more like it.

Hopeless is an emotion.. emotion is the domain of the addicted part of the brain and its purpose is to make you give up.. Fuck that noise. Learn how the puppet master works and you will no loner get played.

Your murdering it EXjg. =D How can you begin to change your life with out getting hit with the fear, hopelessness, self doubt, fear etc?

Having excitement is not my problem. I have fun and hang out with friends and I'm doing what I want to do, but that being said you have to have money to do shit even if it's just bus fair to go out and walk around the city somewhere. I can't pay my phone bill tomorrow let alone my rent that's coming up in a few days, so it's not really like I can go out and do something I enjoy. I just feel hopeless I guess is more like it.

This is indeed part of the recovery process. You could exercise, that will make you feel good.
Your body will release endorphin and that will make you feel good.
You just have to start, it's difficult in the beginning but it works.

Do something you want to do. Whatever in the past you felt it could give you pleasure. Keep yourself busy.

You've been super great dealing with quitting. Use all this strength to help yourself finding things that can make you happy. Volunteering works and it can be very rewarding. I believe most hospitals have a program, if you like kids they will accept anything. They just want company sometimes.

I remember the first moment I was briefly happy on my own. Real joy, no chemicals, no money.
It takes time but you are alive. Use your efforts to invest in yourself.
Trust me, it works.

Exhausted.

Anxious, depressed

It seems we are bit blue these days. I'm doing fine right now but I was pretty depressed and working was making me crazy. I literally had to walk away for few days. Deep inside I know it wasn't all about work.

All I wanted to say is that I believe this is all temporary and good things eventually happens.
It may take longer than we wish though.
My wishes that you feel better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.