• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How are opiate addicts doing during Epidemic?

Iceman1216

Bluelighter
I am wondering just how the opiate Epidemic is going Now?? It was such a National and Huge problem 3 months ago , Then came COVID-19, killing more innocent people ( Not everyone in country believes that someone who dies from opiates are innocent {some even believe they deserve it? Let junkies just Die!} But unless I missed a Magic wand that came down on the country and removed this Opiate epidemic It must be still here??
As I struggle with my addiction, Tapper, withdrawals, REPEAT: How are people doing??
Please all stay safe on this Holiday weekend, Boy it does not feel very Holiday to Me ?

I dont live in the states but i have a chronic morphine IV addiction, i was banging 100mg daily up until march 21. My country was put on lockdown AND i was forced to stop. For the past 2months I've Been clean 10-15days then relapse. Each Time easier than the next one. Last Time i used was 8days ago. I feel good.

It’s been pretty rough. I thought we were doing ok but then supply was scarce. Next thing you know..... Completely and utterly worthless. I’ve severely cut down so I’m functioning but I have some help. If I wasn’t in so much pain all the time I’d completely kick it again.
I had 5+
years off them this time. It ended this year. I was on methadone until last May. It was really tough to get off of.
Maybe the lockdown was a good thing for me. Idk 🤦‍♀️
Kudos @nznity, it’s a process for sure!

Heroin and fentanyl or heroin/fentanyl supply has not been affected at all by me. Cocaine, on the other hand, has been unavailable for almost a week.

I'm on opioid pain medication, so really wish it was the opposite when it came to supply issues by me!

That's awesome @nznity keep it up!

@nznity Congrats buddy, it aint easy coming off, especially if you have no assistance. I did it last year cold turkey last year after a bad month. I would have to sneak out of work and go burn lines in my car just to get through the day. Anyway, after that I decided I'd never do that again.

I use drugs for many reasons, have done all my adult life. I've been off, and on, and off and on, and after a while came to the conclusion that I was using to soothe the symptoms of mental illness (I'm pretty sure the majority of users do too).
I went through the medical system and was assigned doctors, psychs, counsellors, sponsors and medicated with anti depressants and anti psychotics.
The years when I was only using prescription drugs were the worst. I was unemployed. Spent all night sitting up, going to bed at dawn and only leaving the house to go for appointments and to the local shop.
All of my family were saying to me " oh well done, staying off drugs, you must feel so proud of yourself!" and others would tell me to heed the professionals advice, keep taking the tablets!".. So I did. Even though I felt terrible. I was lethargic and disinterested, anti social and developed agoraphobia. I wasn't living.

Anyway, I apologise. I digress as usual lol.

In answer to @nznity... Supply has been uninterrupted where I am. Some people order it off the deep web markets and I have heard that some of them are struggling due to postal delays.
It's not hard to work out why there's more H though, it's much,much,much easier to get into the country. As well as that, the profit margin in vending
it is colossal and so more effort will be put into it's importation.
When I was growing up you rarely heard of speed never mind heroin, sign of the times.

@nznity Congrats buddy, it aint easy coming off, especially if you have no assistance. I did it last year cold turkey last year after a bad month. I would have to sneak out of work and go burn lines in my car just to get through the day. Anyway, after that I decided I'd never do that again.

I use drugs for many reasons, have done all my adult life. I've been off, and on, and off and on, and after a while came to the conclusion that I was using to soothe the symptoms of mental illness (I'm pretty sure the majority of users do too).
I went through the medical system and was assigned doctors, psychs, counsellors, sponsors and medicated with anti depressants and anti psychotics.
The years when I was only using prescription drugs were the worst. I was unemployed. Spent all night sitting up, going to bed at dawn and only leaving the house to go for appointments and to the local shop.
All of my family were saying to me " oh well done, staying off drugs, you must feel so proud of yourself!" and others would tell me to heed the professionals advice, keep taking the tablets!".. So I did. Even though I felt terrible. I was lethargic and disinterested, anti social and developed agoraphobia. I wasn't living.

Anyway, I apologise. I digress as usual lol.

In answer to @nznity... Supply has been uninterrupted where I am. Some people order it off the deep web markets and I have heard that some of them are struggling due to postal delays.
It's not hard to work out why there's more H though, it's much,much,much easier to get into the country. As well as that, the profit margin in vending
it is colossal and so more effort will be put into it's importation.
When I was growing up you rarely heard of speed never mind heroin, sign of the times.
I feel restless atm, 9 days off now. I wont cave in anymore though.