View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How are drugs applied to blotter paper?

Street Light

Greenlighter
Blotters usually come with a claim of strength, that is how many mcg of say LSD per blotter. LSD in pure form is a powder so you would obviously first have to dissolve it. By accurately weighing an amount and dissolving it in an accurate volume of solvent, you have a known concentration. It seems to me the only way you can accurately apply an amount of LSD would be by individually applying an accurate volume to each individual blotter square, with a pipette or other volumetric device.

But I've read that LSD is often applied by simply dipping the entire sheets in a the solution, followed by drying out the solvent. How can you then know how much LSD has been absorbed in the blotter paper?

I've wondered this as well. If you dip the whole sheet, then, unless the solution is saturated you'd necessarily end up with a higher concentration of acid in the places where the paper took longer to dry.

It seems to me the only way you can accurately apply an amount of LSD would be by individually applying an accurate volume to each individual blotter square, with a pipette or other volumetric device.

This is how the pros do it.

But I've read that LSD is often applied by simply dipping the entire sheets in a the solution, followed by drying out the solvent. How can you then know how much LSD has been absorbed in the blotter paper?

This is how amateurs do it.

I suspect a lot of the problems arising from NBOMe blotters were from people making them by the second method.

If the solution is measured and mixed properly, either method can be used successfully. Sometimes xtal that is less pure can be more difficult to dissolve in the solution, which can result in an uneven lay, either way. So, mixing the solution properly has a lot to do with the lays consistency on the blotter. Some people use the tray method, and some use the pipette method. If you've taken enough LSD, you've had tabs produced both ways, in all likelihood. Mass producers, or those that lay very large quantities of blotter at once, are more likely to use the tray method.