• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How America Botched Cannabis Legalization | Forbes

If I got a MMJ card do you think my psychiatrist would be able to see that I have one through his computer if I didn't tell him?

I'd rather not tell him that I smoke weed as I'm not sure whether or not he'd be opposed to it and I'd rather not get into an unpleasant conversation, even despite the fact that it's legal, because I also use naltrexone to help me drink less frequently and take Klonopin which is a controlled substance and those kinds of things might be more likely to make him think I'm an addict which I'm not. I don't want him seeing I also have an MMJ card to put the idea that I use certain drugs even further into his mind.
Not if you don't tell them, since nothing goes through insurance anyways. That sucks though, my primary/sub doc is also very pro mmj

Hey guys, I hate to rain on anyone's parade but specific prices are not allowed in this forum. I understand the prices y'all are quoting are in legal states but that does not diminish the Posting Rules of Cannabis Discussion. Thanks!
Even if theyre legally posted prices? Like I understand talking about dealers, but for the most part these are standardized pricing (like the potency tax in ny makes a 30%thc 8th around 75 dollars....that's a legal regulation) like talking about how titos vodka is 20 bucks for a liter.

Not challenging it by anymeans, just clarifying

As someone with a bit of a glimpse inside the industry, let me assure you: just because there is more shitty weed being produced does not mean there is less good weed being produced. The pros never went anywhere. You just have to look past the first dispensary you come upon, which 99% of people are not willing to do.

It''s just as confused
Even if theyre legally posted prices? Like I understand talking about dealers, but for the most part these are standardized pricing (like the potency tax in ny makes a 30%thc 8th around 75 dollars....that's a legal regulation) like talking about how titos vodka is 20 bucks for a liter.

Issues were clarified and it is quite okay to post legal prices. I'm more than okay with it. As per usual, no sourcing or advertising.

I think it's quite okay to say you picked up a 1/2 of 'X' product at 'y' dollars. No locations. I think brand mention is okay b/c we are clearly distinguishing from the black market. And letting people know the name of a legal product is harm reduction.

So, until I get my hands slapped, it's ok.

Tom

No worries, sorry for any inconvenience I caused by deleting prices even though the inconvenience was mostly mine as it was a PITA to go through and do that. It has now been discussed with CD staff. What he said below:
It''s just as confused

Issues were clarified and it is quite okay to post legal prices. I'm more than okay with it. As per usual, no sourcing or advertising.

I think it's quite okay to say you picked up a 1/2 of 'X' product at 'y' dollars. No locations. I think brand mention is okay b/c we are clearly distinguishing from the black market. And letting people know the name of a legal product is harm reduction.

So, until I get my hands slapped, it's ok.

Tom

i think this all really belies the real issue, the more significant way in which marijuana legalization was 'botched'. the real problem here is that legalization was approached from a medical standpoint. it really kind of pisses me off that this is the case, and will likely set precedent for future legalization efforts, should they come. i believe that the issue should have been approached from the angle of conscious liberty. having said that, i totally understand that it is a far less compelling angle to take with regard to convincing skeptics or naysayers. its the way it should have been done though. even if it had been pushed along side the medical debate, it would have done wonders for the future of personal, physical, and mental/conscious liberty. i believe i should be free to do with my body and state of consciousness what i goddamn well please. i take issue with anyone trying to legislate what i can and cannot do with my own fucking body. its the most personal, important, and intrinsic form of freedom there is. sure, approaching legalization from the medical avenue was surely the most effective way to get shit done quickly, and most convincingly. i think in the end, it will unintentionally result in much more difficult campaigns for future drug legalization efforts. that said, im not much of a head. i dont care much about weed, and surely this informs my opinion. also, i known this is kinda off topic, but its some shit that really kind of pisses me off. it is what it is though.

I only tried cartridges 1 day before federal legalization hit Canada (14 months before cartridges were legally available).

Yep I got the cartridges from a MOM (mail order marijuana) that I'd been using since 2011 but I didn't know where or how they sourced their cartridges. Even at that point I could distinguish a live resin from a distillate cart. But I had no idea about Vitamin E acetate, so I stopped until legal carts hit the market.

It doesn't stop people from making, selling or buying illegal carts - but it does provide safer cannabis (no Vitamin E, pesticides/heavy metal below Health Canada allowed levels).

Here is what I noticed with cartridges. Weed, excluiding concentrates, cartridges and edibles became legal on October 17, 2018. Everything else became legal January 2020.

In January 2020 a 0.5g distillate cartridge (flavoured or unflavoured) cost ~$50 (up to 60)
December 2022 a 0.5g distillate cart goes for $18-25. Perhaps 30-40 for a 0.5g live resin cart
December 2022 1g distillate carts go for 28-55, live resin about 45-60

At the start, there were no live resin carts and no 1g carts. The latter came in about 2-3 months after cartridge legalization.

December 2022 shit flavoured cartridges such as Cinnamon/cranberry and vanilla eggnog

Tom

Honestly I have no use for flower, I quit smoking it years ago. I might have a spliff a few times a year. Mainly my interests lay in concentrate or edibles. And as patient I would prefer that to remain a leagal, licensed framework. Getting fake carts or shitty BM edibles at a premium isn't beneficial to the end user.