• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How accurate is this chart that has an effects by ug range for LSD?

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
I found this posted on another site. I know it's subjective but how accurate is this for the effects of varying ug/microgram ranges of LSD? I did not write this I am simply cross posting it.

20 mics- threshold, and some people see visuals, some dont. I personally do very easily.

30 mics- threshold, same

40 mics- obviously tripping a little bit but again, some people wouldnt see visuals.

60 mics- = The typical low quality blotter. Tripping, but in my opinion nothing like even one gram of shrooms. It makes for a

good time though. Lasts longer than a gram of shrooms.

90 mics- This is where it starts getting weird, because it is most certainly more intense for some people than a gram of

mushrooms.

110 mics- like a gram and a half of mushrooms. A hit of some really good lsd.

150 mics-For alot of people this is quite amazing and intense. Obvious and interesting for anyone who is not a vegetable.
----------------------------------------------------------------
(incraments I mention will stay the same but the effects of upping it 50 mics becomes more intense than above the line.

200 mics- equal to about an 8th of mushrooms, (or more for some people).

250 mics- scares the living daylights out of some people, yet some people handle it really well, much like an 8th of

mushrooms. This is the dose at which I have witnessed someone become very confused. He could "see" but he didnt know where he

was(in his best friends driveway). When the comedown started, he was fine, and he became a rockstar. It was one of the best

experiences of his life. (thats what I get for tripping with people around for the first time in a long while) Me and one

friend had to talk this guy down for about a half hour.

300 mics- your getting into heavy territory. Still not considered by most to be a heavy dose, but thats only because they

know where most people including themselves draw the line if they are experienced. Its alot like 250 mics though.

400 mics- most people would never take this much unless they knew the acid they have in their possesion and really wanted to

get pretty far out there.
This is why you dont see 200+ mic hits around.

500 mics- pretty much where even some of the most experienced people draw the line. Your vision is almost completely

enveloped by fractal patterns, and if you were to stare at some pavement or something, it looks like you can see to the end

of eternity. Miles and miles of visual depth.

700 mics- most people who talk of taking a ten strip usually dont have very potent acid(though it is good), so 550 to 700 is

where they end up. This is also where "more acid" becomes less important because the effects are very similar to an even

higher dose.

1000 mics- Most people will never go there. If you had a "two hits and you are floored" type of lsd, or 100 mics and up hits,

this is where a ten strip would put you. You basically cant see anything but visuals, your mind as a whole is infinately

connected with its self and your external environment. Amazing things happen on this dose no matter what. It would scare most

people shitless. Some people will think they are dieing. Many would end up dialing 911 if they were alone and could read the

numbers on the phone.

1500 mics- is almost exactly like 1700 mics. 1700 mics being the most I have ever done. Very few people have used this much

lsd.
It is VERY psychologically dangerous for some people to do this. You can no longer really see your own hand in front of your

face. Your cognition and vision are both bathed in the same light. Some people forget to breath frequently, and id imagine

alot of people would pass out. You will loose your ego, but you will meet many organizers of human cognition in this egoless

place. They are much smarter than human beings. "they" *are self conscious neurology.
They are the mathematicians behind consciousness and even the visuals themselves.
A dose 700 mics and above will show anyone some very profound things. Doses like 500 mics and above have changed many lives

in both positive and negative ways. Still, it is no more threatening than mushrooms. So dont get me wrong.

Will I ever take 1000+ mics again? Hell no....But I wouldnt give up those ridiculously heavy experiences for anything.

IME (I live in a country where dosage can get lab verified for free) it seems on target although I would replicate the reservations suggesting a margin of Bell-distributed variance...

IME (I live in a country where dosage can get lab verified for free) it seems on target although I would replicate the reservations suggesting a margin of Bell-distributed variance...

OK thanks. How would you or anyone else that wants to post or is reading this, describe the effects of LSD at 250ug and higher? I noticed the original writer of the dosage chart does not do this all that well claiming that some random guy was confused and then thought he was a rock star, etc.

Well, it is rather hard to explain but at that dose reality seems to be rather readily swapped for one that involves abstraction in some sense... whether it be themed archetypically or symbolically (I think both of those to be consistently valid) and/or described cartoonishly or spiritually... at this point please don't restrict your imagination, biblical themes would be just as possible as those in The Matrix or any other theme that metaphysically defines and describes a world of its own.
In other words, expect religious values to become mixed with juxtapositions encountered in any other tradition that has any value-relationship to describe.

I don't agree with the comparison using Mushrooms. Ive grown different strains and 1/8 of one strain felt as potent as 2 grams of a different strain. and set and setting mood and many other factors determines a trip... Really everyone see and perceive differently.....

When you trip with people and someone say did you see that... no you seen that not me... any how in general yeah I can see people relating to that...

I don't agree with the comparison using Mushrooms. Ive grown different strains and 1/8 of one strain felt as potent as 2 grams of a different strain. and set and setting mood and many other factors determines a trip... Really everyone see and perceive differently.....

When you trip with people and someone say did you see that... no you seen that not me... any how in general yeah I can see people relating to that...

When mushrooms were legal here a full dose at a 'smartshop' was 30 grams fresh or 3 grams dried which is pretty much a 1/8 and I've used those mushrooms extensively leaving me to believe that mushrooms are very hardcore which is not an opinion everyone shares. So I think that this 3-3.5 g gram is a rather high dose on average and what your crops made you believe should always be considered with effects people get in general.

I found this range of doses and their effects on another site, anyone know how accurate this is? Granted everyone reacts differently to LSD.

visuals should become apparent at around 200ug Obviously, everyone will react differently to L, but from my experience, anything below 100-150ug's of L will just give me that body high and giggliness.

So to answer your question directly, 60 ug's feels like one tab of generic lsd. Giggles, body tingling, etc

400 or so is generally when the world starts deconstructing itself into fractals/paisley type patterns.

@WebbyKevin-The sweet spot for what exactly?

Last edited:
IMO (this is purely my own experience and tolerance levels) 4 grams of shrooms or 350ugs of acid is the sweet spot.

@ PriestTheyCalledHim:
In my long experience, that list is very accurate <> although in my mushroom experiences, I've eaten / noticed some strains by weight have more Psilocybin in 2 grams dried then the 4 grams dried..

I do find that 90% of the time there all the same potency.. The one strain I'm referring to is from Thailand, > Koh Samui psilocybe cubensis

@ wbbykevin:
4 grams is my sweet spot too.. yes, I feel just as spun on 250ug + LSD somewhat like where 4 two 5 grams of Shrooms can take me... now after 5g, I no longer notice the windows and doors any longer....

Sulfate Mescaline at 450mg+ reminds me of where 500ug LSD has taken me.. I'm just personally relating how deep they take me, they are two different experiences for sure, and where they take me to is two different worlds. Comparing these psychedelics isn't easy all I can say is, If taken indoors, when you no longer notice windows and doors your on a high dose trip. Outside in nature hits the spot for me...

Last edited:
I found this posted on another site. I know it's subjective but how accurate is this for the effects of varying ug/microgram ranges of LSD? I did not write this I am simply cross posting it.

Based on my experience over the years I'd say that this chart is accurate(I use it as a rough guideline). It is the same chart that everyone always ends up on when in regards to this issue, lol.

I've been trying to figure out how strong my blotter is; I feel that it's somewhere between 60 and 80µg. People who have taken 1 dose said they didn't really get visuals. When I ate 5 of them, it got hard to see or read things, like I had to be like 3 inches from a computer screen to read it, and it was be hard to distinguish the boundaries between objects. I had to take my sunglasses(polarized brown) off in the shade of the stairwell of my apartments because I couldn't see(because of the patterns, at points they would cover my whole field of view and it would be hard to see through them), and when I walked into my friends house whose lights were off(but it was day time), he asked me to hit the light switch on the wall and I couldn't find it on the wall. I tried to clear off my coffee table to put my laptop on it and it was DIFFICULT AS FUCK, but not as hard as it was to find my speaker cable.

Music was heavily distorted/echoed, and sounded very disharmonious. I sounded like the music "was melting and had tracers" (lol).

Either way, the stuff I have now is noticeably stronger than the stuff I used to get, which based on the chart above(and tons of accounts of others i've read) I'd estimate to be 30 to 50µg(I would eat 8 of them or tenstrips of it at shows and still be able to navigate pretty well). The stuff I have now I don't think I'd want to eat more than 5 of at a show because it'd be hard to navigate.

Does anyone have any rough idea of the point at which tracers become prominent?(90µg maybe?) I dream of the day when I can take measured doses of LSD.

I found this range of doses and their effects on another site, anyone know how accurate this is? Granted everyone reacts differently to LSD.

visuals should become apparent at around 200ug Obviously, everyone will react differently to L, but from my experience, anything below 100-150ug's of L will just give me that body high and giggliness.

So to answer your question directly, 60 ug's feels like one tab of generic lsd. Giggles, body tingling, etc

400 or so is generally when the world starts deconstructing itself into fractals/paisley type patterns.

@WebbyKevin-The sweet spot for what exactly?

Are you saying that you don't get tracers from 100 - 150µg? And you have had your stuff quantified? How about everyone else? What does 100µg feel like to you(I know we can't really know purity of the crystal but lets pretend it's all the same.)

Last edited:
Yes I get tracers at 100-150. That doesn't mean you will though. That's the problem with using a description of effects to ask how much you took, it effects everyone very differently.
IMO if you want guess how much LSD is on a hit you can do it, but not by taking 5 hits. Threshold effects are 20-25 mics so if you feel a 1/4 tab your hits should be 80-100. But you waste a week of tolerance doing this, its wasteful if you don't have lots, but that's how I judge thru micro-dosing. Trying to guess how much you took per blotter based on the effects of 3 vs 5 hits, I probably would not be able do that very well at all, its tough, almost impossible to guess dosage at that level for me. I would have a rough idea at best. I always start low with 1/2 hit. That's the way to sample new stuff too everything is good when you take 5 of them.
This chart is pretty good I like it though

It requires some people with experience with lab-verified quantified and known dosages, otherwise it's all pretty much hearsay and there is no reference... you would be determining a guessed dosage range based on effects, and effects based on dosages to compare. Reference data prevents you from going in loops.

I think the OP is intelligent enough to know that there is no way that you could ever create a table to absolutely, objectively the dose/response curve for LSD (or any other drug) beyond broad, largely subjective, generalisations...

However, that said, I pretty much agree with this table- I actually have saved a copy, it seems like a handy little reference to have tucked away- so I suppose you could say that the chart is 'Subjectively Accurate'...although everything is subjectively accurate I suppose.

I don't live in Holland, so to be honest I really have no idea what doses I've ever taken- I can make an educated guess based on a lot of things (not just based on my subjective experience), but even so I really have no way of knowing what I've actually taken....and that is the case for pretty much everyone outside of a couple of parts of Continental Europe. But I think that even if you didn't refer to precise mcg doses most experienced trippers would write something like that to illustrate the spectrum of LSD's effects, from ultra-low non-psychedelic, basically stimulant doses right up to ego melting, blinded by fractals journey's through the various aspects of your own existential being trip.

What it says about ultra-high doses really not having that much more of an effect than 1-1.5mg...once you're taking more than about 750mcg (which is an absolutely whopping dose, ~15 average tabs) it's so fucking overwhelming that you can't take in anything more, on 1mg of LSD every knob in your brain is cranked up to 11, taking another mg of acid will make the peak last even longer, but it's not like you have any grasp of what the fuck 'time' is, let alone any being aware that time is passing.

That's why I'm very sceptical about the whole thumbprint thing- I'm not saying people haven't necessarily eaten a thumbprint of acid, I just don't think it's anything other than a massive waste of LSD.

Ultra-high doses of LSD are generally a bad idea, not to mention completely unnecessary. If you think you're keen on trying eating a ten-strip it's probably only because you're not getting very good acid and you haven't properly experienced how horrifically potent LSD is.

Ultra-high doses of LSD are generally a bad idea, not to mention completely unnecessary. If you think you're keen on trying eating a ten-strip it's probably only because you're not getting very good acid and you haven't properly experienced how horrifically potent LSD is.

Says who?

I think the OP is intelligent enough to know that there is no way that you could ever create a table to absolutely, objectively the dose/response curve for LSD (or any other drug) beyond broad, largely subjective, generalisations...

However, that said, I pretty much agree with this table- I actually have saved a copy, it seems like a handy little reference to have tucked away- so I suppose you could say that the chart is 'Subjectively Accurate'...although everything is subjectively accurate I suppose.

I don't live in Holland, so to be honest I really have no idea what doses I've ever taken- I can make an educated guess based on a lot of things (not just based on my subjective experience), but even so I really have no way of knowing what I've actually taken....and that is the case for pretty much everyone outside of a couple of parts of Continental Europe. But I think that even if you didn't refer to precise mcg doses most experienced trippers would write something like that to illustrate the spectrum of LSD's effects, from ultra-low non-psychedelic, basically stimulant doses right up to ego melting, blinded by fractals journey's through the various aspects of your own existential being trip.

What it says about ultra-high doses really not having that much more of an effect than 1-1.5mg...once you're taking more than about 750mcg (which is an absolutely whopping dose, ~15 average tabs) it's so fucking overwhelming that you can't take in anything more, on 1mg of LSD every knob in your brain is cranked up to 11, taking another mg of acid will make the peak last even longer, but it's not like you have any grasp of what the fuck 'time' is, let alone any being aware that time is passing.

That's why I'm very sceptical about the whole thumbprint thing- I'm not saying people haven't necessarily eaten a thumbprint of acid, I just don't think it's anything other than a massive waste of LSD.

I agree with the first part of your post; but I have taken high doses of LSD before and it's pretty indescribable. I never took an ultra-high dose of LSD, and the whole dicksizing of people bragging about how much LSD they took in an ultra-high dose is pretty silly IME.

It's all very subjective, I never get mindfuck or visuals (No CEV, no OEV) until I reach really high doses, only the typical "HD vision" that I get from cannabis as well, but not tracers or patterns. It was like this since I was a begginer, and it's a more common problem nowadays with all the experience I carry at my back.

I usually won't take less than ~300ug or I would be bored as fuck. From 300ug in advance is where it starts to get interesting for me. And when I say ~300ug you can bet I'm as accurate as you can be, until recently in Spain the organization Energy Control analyzed drugs for free, so I nearly always knew the purity of my products or estimated dosage from my blotters.

The same with all the psychedelics, where my friends usually trip the fuck out from 25mg 2C-B/4-HO-MET, or 3mg of DOC, with a lot of crazy visual stuff going on, those dosages just give me mild trips without visuals since I can remember.

I don't know about the accuracy of the chart, but I do know the accuracy of the LSD being sold...it's non-existent.

Entire thing is useless and plays into people's ideas that they can sense how many µgs they are on. They can't. Especially if consuming commercial LSD. Advertised strengths are of course almost always inflated. LSD that I was working with was quantified ~74.5% pure d-LSD by LC/MS and laid at ~110µg/tab would blow people out of the water faster than stuff that people said was laid with "200 mics". Even having been among the relatively surprisingly few who actually have taken a known dose of LSD, I wouldn't trust myself to differentiate tripping; certainly the distinctions between a typical experience at say, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, are quite notable (in between these steps, or steps like them, I highly doubt anyone could distinguish i.e. 600 from 500 or 900 from 1100; the serotonin saturation point is at ~1.5mg, after that, it gets weird and mostly related to effects at other receptors and doses higher than this are usually a waste although 10mg is definitely not the same as 1mg, but pharmacologically, distinct things are going on. the most I've taken I cannot really say as it was a visible amount but not a large one, the residue on a piece of paper after weighing, I would guesstimate 3-5mg but who the hell knows, as we all should know, you need a scale, and for these purposes [or for *flys, *NBOMes, etc.], you need a better scale than most people use for drugs like 2C-B or even DOC, or better yet, liquid measurement)

you won't fee like you've taken 100 when you've taken 1000, but the human mind's potential to do the reverse is not to be underestimated (although an order of magnitude is a bit much.) On the other hand, expectation and placebo effects play in when told you are getting a high dose … sometimes … there was a study done once where people were given either 100 or 1000µg, many reacted closer to what they'd been told than what they'd been actually given. All the effects listed in the "chart" so-called could be experienced at many different levels of dose, dependent on set/setting, and the idea that someone could expect what was listed after taking that many advertised "mics" is ridiculous, as is the idea that someone could tell they were on so and so many "mics" because they felt like they did at a certain point on the "chart."

there was a study done once where people were given either 100 or 1000µg, many reacted closer to what they'd been told than what they'd been actually given.

Wow. Do you remember who conducted the study?

Interesting, my question is: does the fact that microgrammage routinely gets exaggerated when LSD is advertised lead to stronger trips than if that hadn't been the case, or does it "cancel out" because most people don't have a proper frame of reference anyway? :D