L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How accurate are HIV saliva tests?

A

Ay Cabron

I got tested for HIV with one of the new saliva tests after I broke up with my ex who cheated on me. We had used condoms but I still got tested anyway. I was not with anyone else at all, and haven't been.

The test was negative and I got tested about six months after we last had sex right before we broke up.

Are HIV saliva tests that give you the results as accurate as blood tests are? Is it true that you no longer have to wait 6 months in order to test accurately or get tested twice once at 3 months, and again at 6 months like you once did if you were not that sexually active or promiscuous, or not with more than just one person?

HIV tests are pretty damn accurate - saliva or blood.

If you want to be extra certain, you can go to any Planned Parenthood and take a blood test. They prick your finger and have results in <15 minutes.

I don't know your gender or sexual history, but if you have truly used a condom every time you've had sex with your ex and it never broke, the likelihood of you contracting HIV is low. Anal sex (if you're receiving) always has a higher chance of transmission because you are a lot more likely to tear membranes, thus have easier accessibility to the blood.

If you're a woman and this is from vaginal sex and you've always worn a condom, your chances are so low it's something I would not put the least bit stress on. But again, get tested. You also shouldn't have to wait 6 months for accurate results. You can see retroviral antibodies about 6-8 weeks after transmission now.

The first one that I found states -

Oral fluid HIV tests are very accurate. In studies, the OraQuick oral fluid test detected 91.7 percent of people who were infected with HIV, and 99.9 percent of people who were not infected with HIV.

As this is still on your mind then do a follow up test either the same test again or go for a blood test - painless and you will have your results almost instantly.

As mentioned above if you were always only having safe sex then chances are reduced - of course you have to take into consideration the nature of your partners cheating.