• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin House at risk of being raided because roommate can't keep weed use down

So, you expect her to quit weed so that you can feel content to use heroin in the house?..

Let's look at it from her perspective maybe - she's living with a heroin addict who lies about using smack and has drug paraphernalia sent to the address through the mail. OP has been asked not to use heroin in the house, a request which was completely ignored. Gemini could overdose inside the house at any minute or get arrested when out buying the stuff. This is all shit that could bring down heat on her house, trouble that this weed-smoking flatmate really doesn't deserve.

She smokes weed, big deal. Who are you to be taking an attitude with her? At least she's honest about it. I actually don't care that you use heroin, we all have our vices, but get over yourself, quit bullshitting and stop being a hypocrite.

Edit: I just read the comment about taking your gear to your parents' house and calling the cops on her. Then you go on to call her dumb?..

OP, the problem is you.

No, Logically speaking in the current situation it's the flatmate that is the problem. The OP is not causing any trouble, altough using heroin has it's dangerous. He could be just smoking it, not injecting or snorting, which is nearly impossible to overdose on, but we don't know details so let's not go into details.

Point is, the roomate is known with the flat owner that she uses an illegal substance and the neighbours could call the cops at any minute or she could get them in trouble with the owner when he is fed up of hearing complaints and throw them out.

She was talked to multiple times apparantly and she handles anyone speaking to her aggresively and doesn't want to change or to reason even though she knows well she can get OP and his other roomate in trouble.

OP on the other hand, no one knows of his usage and is not currently risking getting the rest of the people in trouble.

SO in the current situation, the problem is the roomate.

Exactly. ^^^ yeah heroin's worse and you can die from it, but both substances are illegal. My roommate is at risk of giving us both away and I am not. And I know you can overdose at any time but I try to be as safe as I can possibly be, I test everything, I don't mix with alcohol or benzos, and I always use the smallest dosages possible.

At this point I'm so pissed off at her I'm thinking of getting rid of all her weed stuff and saying the police came and took it lol

At this point I'm so pissed off at her I'm thinking of getting rid of all her weed stuff and saying the police came and took it lol
Put yourself in her shoes on this one, how would you feel if you were going through withdrawals and somebody got rid of your heroin?

Put yourself in her shoes on this one, how would you feel if you were going through withdrawals and somebody got rid of your heroin?
While I agree with your point, it could also easily be said "put yourself in the shoes of everyone in the household who will now experience withdrawals because they're in jail due to one roommate's stupidity and carelessness". As much as I hate to say it, I do not believe there is any easy answer to OP's very complex dilemma, I'm afraid...

Although, after some consideration OP, I do believe the landlord may actually be the key in all of this. He has an authoritative position and will not involve law enforcement (if you're sure anyway). I'd say this is probably the best measure you could take. And IN ADDITION to this, as others have stated, offer your own assistance with spoof/various conceal tools/measures....but they go hand in hand with landlord involvement in this specific situation it seems.

-PA

Last edited:
So, if your flatmate stops smoking weed today, will you stop using heroin? Will the paranoia that you feel from having to lie about your lifestyle suddenly and miraculously go away? How about your tendency to harbour expectations of other people that you yourself feel no obligation to live upto, will that change?

No. You'll keep trying to shift the blame of your bad luck onto someone else. You'll continue to project your fears and outsource your responsibilities and nothing will ever change.

Do something to fix the source of the problem, which is you. Remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Hope this helps.

Good day :)

So, if your flatmate stops smoking weed today, will you stop using heroin? Will the paranoia that you feel from having to lie about your lifestyle suddenly and miraculously go away? How about your tendency to harbour expectations of other people that you yourself feel no obligation to live upto, will that change?

No. You'll keep trying to shift the blame of your bad luck onto someone else. You'll continue to project your fears and outsource your responsibilities and nothing will ever change.

Do something to fix the source of the problem, which is you. Remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Hope this helps.

Good day :)

Isn't it perfectly normal to be paranoid were the neighbours are threatening to call the police and you have a roomate who doesn't even want to talk things out without shouting at you though? I don't see this situation as shifting the blame at all.. Logically, the roomate is at blame here, even if the OP didn't use H I would be paranoid due to the roomate getting us in trouble.

Isn't it perfectly normal to be paranoid were the neighbours are threatening to call the police and you have a roomate who doesn't even want to talk things out without shouting at you though? I don't see this situation as shifting the blame at all.. Logically, the roomate is at blame here, even if the OP didn't use H I would be paranoid due to the roomate getting us in trouble.

Paranoia can drive people to precipitate the situation that they are trying so desperately to avoid.. like calling the police to the house so that the police don't get called to the house.

I'd much rather be around the smooth tropical aroma of ganja than being in a house where someone is constantly panicking about the doors being kicked in.