• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hot-rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
Now, I've taken a hugely varied and wide range of different psychotropic substances over my time, from Salvia divinorum, to DMT, to morphine and heroin to far more exotic opioids to meth, and save for intraspinal or intracerebroventricular injection, or dissolved and applied transdermally in DMSO, then by more or less every possible method save one-hot-railing.

I know roughly how it is done, namely heating the far end (in contact with the drug) of a piece of borosilicate glass tubing to the temperature at least, that the drug vaporizes at, then insufflating through the tube's non-heated end, what is it like, compared to injection IM or IV, or to plugging and to regular snorting, in the case of say, methamphetamine/N-ethylamphetamine or morphine/other morphine derivatives such as H, dipropionylmorphine, 6-monoacetyldihydromorphine etc. as the freebases, or in the case of the amphetamines, the HCl salts.

What sort of a difference is there, when doing hotrails compared to these other methods of administration? does it produce a rush? and how different is it either to insufflation and to smoking in the typical manner?

I've only done it with meth, not sure how well it would work for anything else. It's pretty good, but not good enough to make it a regular means of administration. You can get a better rush from vaping out of a bowl with a torch, or using a scha-bong, but it beats the hell out of snorting. Its more of a novelty, and pretty wasteful. Never thought of trying it with DMT, that's an interesting idea, you'd have to use the right salt so it doesn't burn like a motherfucker, and I imagine you'd still need an MAOI to get anything out of the part that doesn't vaporize, but it would be one helluva way to enter hyperspace.

This isn't appropriate for BDD as it is in no way a harm reduction question.

To answer your question though, yes there is a rush, it's very similar to smoking but has a slightly different feel to it which is hard to describe, and is much more compulsive than either snorting or smoking ime.

I've gotta close this one man, if you want it reopened and sent elsewhere PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.