• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hot or Room Temp Water for Kratom Alkaloids

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So when I was at the beach, one of the guys at a kratom store told me I needed to heat my water to Hot (not boiling) for better alkaloid expression. Is this true cause I usually just toss 5 in water shake in a blender bottle and drink

Hey! I take red Bali and I always warm the water and the microwave first It just absorbs better and it seems like it does better for me..

I use a modified toss and wash simply to ur microwave method but was the OP asking about tea, extract or something else entirely?

I use a modified toss and wash simply to ur microwave method but was the OP asking about tea, extract or something else entirely?
I was talking about the temperature of water, I could do toss and wash I just never have tried it. I was told though, by kratom vendor that for the alkaloids to fully be as he put it activated it needed to be in hot but not boiling water. Myself I don’t do this. Well I have but I haven’t noticed a discernible dishes I usually just weigh my dose out and throw it in the water and drink it.

I was talking about the temperature of water, I could do toss and wash I just never have tried it. I was told though, by kratom vendor that for the alkaloids to fully be as he put it activated it needed to be in hot but not boiling water. Myself I don’t do this. Well I have but I haven’t noticed a discernible dishes I usually just weigh my dose out and throw it in the water and drink it.

I don't believe your vendor is giving you accurate information in this case. Considering the alkaloids in Kratom to the best of my knowledge I can not think of a single reason as to why they would have to be "activated". Mitragynine, 7-Hydroxymitragynine, Etc. don't need to be "activated" to exert their effects upon the user. :)

Cold or cooked never made an difference imo.

Disolving in cooked water and adding cold water and chuggin' that beat the the tosh and wash method. Sometimes I had to use that cold water method.

In the end it didn't matter.

I use warm water to make a sort of sludge when I mix in the kratom and dilute with OK.

Tea, toss and wash or just swallow a cap.. isn’t it all the same really? its more a personal choice how to consume kratom..

as I understand why toss and wash method works is cause you get alot of saliva In the mix thats helps the kratom to been absorbed in the system..

same with tea..

I usually just take some powder in a cap and then eat candy or chewing gum directly after.. i dunno really whould nice to here some facts...

:p
Cheers

"Modified toss and wash"? Cars and audio equipment get modified. You just swallow shit a different way. LOL