• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hot Knifing My Bud? Should I try?

mdc2512

Bluelighter
Well recently I have been smoking a lot of bud and I did some research on Hot Knifing which is heating two ends of butter knifes til there really hot and you put on knife on small weed pellet and then it sticks and you squeeze the weed with both scolding hot knifes and inhale the smoke through a water bottle with bottom cut out or even just an empty pen. I went out this morning and tried to do it with a lighter and I failed miserably and tonight I tried again this time using a candle flame to dip the knifes in and get hot and that didnt work either! So tonight I looked and believe it or not I found a cooking blow torch and tested it out and its a torch for sure and works. My question is if I attempt this tomorrow morning it shouldn't work but I am doing it before school and I've never Hot Knifed before and I don't know if I should do BB size balls or what like how big should the hits be and how many hits should I take? I heard that it gives you a huge head rush and fucks you up big time but I'm a male and 5"9 140 pounds and smoke pretty frequently so how much should I do and what should I expect?

Start small until you get the hang of how quickly your nugs'll burn between two hot knives.

It happens super quick and you've gotta be ready to catch as much of the smoke as you can before it's ashed.

It's definitely worth a shot at least once.... after that first novelty try, though, it becomes more of a last resort (unless you discover that you just really like hot knives, in which case you might be the rare smoker who prefers them to rolling up or loading bowls.)

Oh yeah I tried it this morning with the blow torch and it was kinda sloppy cause to inhale I used a taped up paper cone I made (not the best) but I still took about 2 hits with a total of like .1 max prolly less and I was pretty high this morning. I am going to try to do it earlier today with an actual bottle and a plate to put my green on and also to put the bottle over it and stick the hot knives in it. I really wanna take a big hit later today and get that "extreme headrush or blackout" and an instant high so I am doing more then the 2 hits which is how much I did this morning and Ima do bigger pieces. Wish me luck and I'll let you guys know how it goes!!

Would it not be better to turn your buds to resin and then hot knife or dab that? I've only ever used hot knife on hash.

There is an art to doing this with buds. It is popular in New Zealand, where i picked up on the technique. The hard part is holding a sawed off plastic bottle in ur mouth, meanwhile, preparing your bud into tiny balls that u pre-roll and line up as hits.

This is very efficient, has that popcorn smell, and can provide many highs from a measly half gram. I grip the bottle with no hands, just bite the mouthpiece end with my front teeth. I place a ball of bud onto the hot knife and press down with the other one. Hold the bottle over the knives, and inhale with the vacuum. You will NOT be disappointed by this.

I've never seen that before - would a bong not be easier (even a bucket bong using the cut up bottle and another bottle of water or bucket etc). Your getting the same amount of smoke without the need to mess about with red hot knives.

Most people heat up their knives using a stove. Not a candle, lighter. Be careful you do not burn yourself.

There is an art to doing this with buds. It is popular in New Zealand, where i picked up on the technique. The hard part is holding a sawed off plastic bottle in ur mouth, meanwhile, preparing your bud into tiny balls that u pre-roll and line up as hits.

This is very efficient, has that popcorn smell, and can provide many highs from a measly half gram. I grip the bottle with no hands, just bite the mouthpiece end with my front teeth. I place a ball of bud onto the hot knife and press down with the other one. Hold the bottle over the knives, and inhale with the vacuum. You will NOT be disappointed by this.

So give the bottle a strap, man.

Two holes near the mouth-piece on opposite sides of the bottle, use string/strap/whatever to thread through and rock it like a necklace while you're in between hits. You'll look like a douche but it makes this whole scenario a little less of a hassle.