• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Horrifying skin picking nightmare pleas help.

Restinpiss

Greenlighter
My friend hates this stuff because she gets stuck in the mirror every time and ruins her face but every two months or so she seems to forget the horror and humiliation and try it again.

When she first started doing it, she at one point was convinced she had hydradenitis supertiva because when she would squeeze black heads on her face, black dots would seem to appear and when she would squeeze those, they appear down her neck and shoulders. She was horrified.

After finding that hydradenitis suppurtiva is most often located in the arm pits she felt like maybe she is just having delusions. She rarely gets any acne, especially not black heads and at one point while squeezing in grown hairs on her leg, her friend told her that nothing was actually coming out of them. She could have sworn black heads were being released she she decided to video herself in the act to check when she came down to make sure she is not hallucinating.

She realized that the black head looking things that appear to come out are actually just bits filth from insane sweating and dehydration and dead skin. Although I have heard of something called dead spots that might account for the black heads appearing possibly due to incredible dehydration.

She has been using again lately and the last few times she could swear that she was getting dirt out from under her skin on her face and that there was a hydradenitis like situation occurring. If she pushes a skin imperfection or whatever the offending item is, she can sometimes see lines where it looks as if dirt has moved under the skin and to another location. Now, she seems to be getting a light colored, gooey subtance. They honestly look like boogers with very similar consistsency. Some confusion arises in that if she is squeezing A long her nose, these come out the sides or down in the crease of the lips just below the nose.

Also near the lips, she is getting some stuff almost to black heads or the collected dirt and skin cells I mentioned earlier. On the upper this tends to come out around the creases. On the lower lip, this tends to come straight up through the lip itself.

She is also aware that her work is creating many small bumps on the inside of her mouth similar to pimples. These can be squeezed out theough the lips as well. Sometimes when squeezing up ward on the checks similar stuff will come out just below the eye where the muscle of the face ends and the lash begins and can she can even sometimes feel that might be getting under her eyelid. Any squeezing on the face can appear to move down to the neck as before or further up the face of two the side, along particular paths, most likely where one section of a facial feather meets panther, for example, lip crease, edge of nose/cheek, jaw along the edge, some seem to move up along the edges of the nose to where the forehead meets the nose bone and can travel along the eyelids. Or can just come out in one section

The questions:
1. is there a hydradenitis like condition of the face.

2. could this actually be mucus that has gotten under the skin of the nose from squeezing with great force, it?s almost as if it?s all under the skin and she can feel it move through and see it come out theough small pores on he edge of the nose if she squeezes her nostril with one finger on the inside and one on the outside. Some of this can also come out near the eye.

3. Possibly worst of all. If the mucus like material is inner material of the skin Is she creating a hydradenitis suppurtiva like condition in her face by literally squeezing so hard that the inside of be skin is coming out?

4. Has anyone had similar issues and what can be done to assure you don?t get stuck like in the mirror?

Last edited:
No need for the "she" thing, makes your post a pain to read. Sounds like you're making mountains out of molehills as a result of taking lots of speed. Have you been sleeping at all?

You don't have a skin condition. You will if you keep digging and squeezing at your skin.

Maybe leave a note on your mirror reminding you that you're on meth and you need to walk away.

Hey there, welcome to Bluelight fellow tweaker.

Well, good news is you've heard about "getting stuck" in mirrors. So on some level you already know what's happening. For those that haven't, picture the cameraman from Poltergeist.

1. is there a hydradenitis like condition of the face.

Yes, but you don't have it. I found a reference for facial presentation, but the description is utterly horrifying nightmare-fuel and something no tweaker should know about. It's only my devotion to factual responses that prevents me from deleting this thread and firebombing the headquarters of the journal Dermatology.

(The abstract has worm-eaten in it, for Fucks' Sake.)

That's how we know you don't have it. Because other people do not faint when you walk in the room.

2. could this actually be mucus that has gotten under the skin of the nose from squeezing with great force, it?s almost as if it?s all under the skin and she can feel it move through and see it come out theough small pores on he edge of the nose if she squeezes her nostril with one finger on the inside and one on the outside. Some of this can also come out near the eye.

No. Mucus under your nose is called a booger. The stuff you are squeezing out of the pores around your nose is called sebum and is normal. But I understand the horror--when I do that, I can squeeze out so much crap it looks like the Bellagio fountains, only without Claire de Lune playing.

Sebum is just skin oils and waxes and part of healthy skin. You have special pores around the nose and eyelids (those are called meibomian glands), along with lips and nipples and other hairless (glabrous) parts. Basically, the parts that would be turned into hotdogs. So you'll see similar sebum elsewhere, but that does not mean they are connected by under-the-skin tunnels, and you are not squeezing your boogers through them.

3. Possibly worst of all. If the mucus like material is inner material of the skin Is she creating a hydradenitis suppurtiva like condition in her face by literally squeezing so hard that the inside of be skin is coming out?

No. You cannot turn your skin inside-out like that. You can hurt yourself though, and get infections or scarring. So stop it.

4. Has anyone had similar issues and what can be done to assure you don?t get stuck like in the mirror?

Easy fix for me is to smash all reflective surfaces. Or, don't turn on the light in the bathroom. Brush your teeth over the kitchen sink. Find a different, safer obsession for tweaking. Grow a beard. Cover it all with pancake foundation straight from the Tammy Faye playbook.

If you must use mirrors for stuff like "basic hygiene" set a timer or something, like a wind-up kitchen one, set it to whatever absolute minimum necessary to perform the task, and leave when it goes off.

Thanks, y’all. So upon further research what I’ve been doing actually turns out essentially turns out to be called skin gritting. Which if done correctly would actually be a pretty viable technique to really clear your poors but when I am doing it I obviously don’t really have the capacity to think strategically so all the stuff ends up collecting in different locations and creating huge welts of which I end up really damaging my skin trying to handle. I honestly want to try this some time sober but gonna have to let my skin heal for a while cause right now I’m looking like Freddy Krueger. Also, doing this severely dehydrated and without oil really doesn’t help either.

link for an article about the technique:
https://www.glamour.com/story/skin-gritting-blackhead-removal

Yeah I would suggest stopping the speed, if you're picking that badly it only gets worse. Not trying to scare you but I watched a friend pick his face with a hypodermic needle while we were spun one night.

Yeah I would suggest stopping the speed, if you're picking that badly it only gets worse. Not trying to scare you but I watched a friend pick his face with a hypodermic needle while we were spun one night.

Wow, that's a new one to me. Definitely known some determined pickers, well, no one quite like this master of anti-facial recognition you mention, but pros through and through. Especially these two chicks who could often be seen outside a particular Walmart, just chilling in the car, deep into their respective mirrors, not a sound to be heard, aside from perhaps some of the scrape-y, fingernail meets greasy flesh sort.

I've never been one to pick at myself much, at least not at my face. Just not something I've really ever done, although I do mess with my nails a good bit, though I have been a horrible nail biter/destroyer since I was a kid.

I never did my face, but when I was on meth I picked at my chest and arms alot. Have scars from it, alot of burns too, from the pipe mainly.

I never did my face, but when I was on meth I picked at my chest and arms alot. Have scars from it, alot of burns too, from the pipe mainly.

I was getting aftmy stomach/abdomen area a good bit, bit forced myself to not do it anymore.

I had blackouts occasionally, so wasn't an option.

My arms got the worst of it though.

Yeah, I could see that. It's never been my main thing, don't always stay keep it stocked, and do a fair amount of what I do get with others which keeps my use down and helps to avoid doing weird stuff since I'm more self-conscious.

Lol I was self conscious, that's why I avoided the face. It was my thing for 2 years, I smoked myself stupid at times.

Maybe this could help you aswell?

An old friend of mine was a picker, baaaddd. My thing is to get sucked into my phone and also *sigh* carpet surf for nothing lol. I told him before we got high one time to download a game or something else on his phone that would preoccupy his mind. He found Tumblr lol.

Last edited:
Do you all feel the need to dig while actually tweaking or during the comedown? Just curious as even when up for days I never had the desire to pick but on the first day off I get that nasty itchy-bugs-under-the-skin feeling. Best to avoid the mirror all together.

I think its more so you're more conscious of it during the comedown. I'd start coming down and see the sores on my chest and arms and not realize I had done it.

Yes, I sort of have a tendency to spend a ton of time at the mirror pulling out stray facial hair etc. I don't take meth but I am on relatively high doses of opiate meds for chronic pain. Others have listed out great solutions to help curb the picking but I will make a suggestion to help your skin heal faster once you've done the deed. When you go to bed or anytime you are not going to be in the public, apply Neosporin generously to the injured areas. The stuff speeds up healing like no one's business!

Use daily for almost 2 months now. First few days went well, but then picking became a compulsion. Needless to say I ended up with some big sores on my face and especially under my breast. I found the easiest way to avoid this, as I am resonated with zits act. while visiting outer space... is to one watch you tube. This gives me the feeling of satisfaction that I crave when I get " stuck in the mirror. " Also I looked up home remedies to soothe and relieve acne on the body... I use panty liners as band aids / sweat absorbers under the boobs. Even though I have a strict routine of teeth brushing, facial cleaning, and showering after a session, I was still getting these soars. The pad helps absorb the sweat and is small enough No one notices it under my shirt...my boobs look as they always have. I also use once or twice every few days anti bacterial soap, and on the other days my regular soap before applying generous amounts of tripleabtibiotic ointment ( Neosporin) and let this dry a bit before taking a q- tip and applying small amounts of tea tree ( helps pull out oils ect.) And Vitamin E oil to help with skin and scaring. For my face a apply VERY ( almost too hot ) wet rag that covers my whole face and hold it down, especially on areas where zits/ sores are forming. I probably hold and re heat the tag about 4 times.... then it's a soft scrub with soap ( some times antibacterial) but mostly regular soap. Then I pay dry / air dry and apply ointment, and oils... I find these tips most helpful when I'm coming down... between the treatment and sleep you usually see results on 1 to 2 days.... hope this helps!

the compulsion to pick at your skin is problematic. you will have to resist this urge or avoid the drug altogether.

meth makes your skin much oilier than normal. you will have to account for this. take showers, etc. do not pick at your skin, did no one tell you this when you were younger?

The only thing you need to do is stop using stimulants. One could make the obvious suggestion that you simply stop picking at your skin, but it clearly is a compulsive issue. We've actually had a few threads pop up recently that concern similar behavior, namely, those who use crack pipes that are too short or just not appropriate for smoking crack end up burning their lips, their fingers, everything. They could stop smoking Crack right? Well, they don't.

My only advice is to stop using stimulants, if you can, take a sedative, get to sleep and recover. Do you really want to be that Meth-Zombie that everyone laughs and points at? I have absolutely no judgement. I am an addict myself. We all push our bodies and minds to the limit sometime, but there are limits. You have to rest and recover eventually.

Good luck and I really am rooting for you to succeed!

I found that eating regular healthy meals and staying hydrated and getting sleep were huge in helping correct this problem for me. Also to try and limit the amount of time needlessly grooming.