• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

horrible self hatred/ self questioning after smoking weed

mrsnowygrainius

Bluelighter
why do I experience this phenomenon whenever I smoke weed? It never used to be like this, I remember back in the day when I was a pothead and even before that I loved smoking weed and the effects it gave me. Then I got a nasty H habit and didn't touch weed for a couple years. Recently I been smoking occasionally, I am on suboxone maintenance (for 4 years now)... if this info helps.

so when I first smoke it I feel alright, but then like 10 minutes or so these horrible thoughts creep into my head, like I will replay the day and all the interactions I had and be thinking like "wow you really are a loser and a horrible person" or thoughts like "look at you sitting on a couch high on weed, alone, while all your old friends are out living lives" or I will think of all the horrible things I did when I was on H, and just like relive that desperation...WHY does weed do this to me?

I have tried the body high weed and the head high weed (forget which name for which) and they both give me the self hatred/ questioning. What I do like though, is that feeling you get like 4 hours after you smoked and you just feel really sleepy and hungry, not high at all. Are there any products out there or types of weed that would ONLY give me those effects and not the initial high that it brings?

Well...Marijuana is known to bring out latent mental health issues like PTSD.....a bad H habit can be traumatic....anxiety and depression....that may be what you are experiencing.

Try smoking a strain that has a 1:1 THC to CBD ratio.....I think the anxiolytic effects of CBD may help....

Mike

Last edited:
Try eating bho oil
The terpenes are removed and it goes through a first pass metabolism before reaching your brain
Should help
A lot

Try eating bho oil
The terpenes are removed and it goes through a first pass metabolism before reaching your brain
Should help
A lot

Do you have more info on this or could direct me to some? I do get distinct effects from edibles made from BHO.

Cannabis can cause hallucinations, aggressiveness and even permanent Insanity (phycosis) beleive me stay away from the stuff the batches they have now are sprayed down and bashed with all. sorts of chemicals to make them LOOK and SMELL like good weed beleive me ive seen a lot in my line of work and I can't begin to imagine the damage the all potheads Id also like to point out any drug can damage your body.

^ what nonsense.

Cannabis causes anxiety in lots of people, mrsnowy.
Not everyone can enjoy it.