• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Horrible Mdma comedown experiences

fuzziedude

Greenlighter
Apologies for the lengthy post ahead but please read any answers will be appreciated:)

I started taking md at uni and everything was fine, comedowns were no biggie just felt tired and worn the day after, no trouble getting to sleep in a few hours after hitting a comedown. However then came a night that was gonna occur sooner or later, i went through about .7 of a gram to myself if not more and decided to pick up more md which turned out to be something that gave me the worst trip of my life and ended up having to go to the hospital because i felt like i was gonna die, couldnt sleep for the next 3 days with the usual extreme anxiety and depression and feeling empty inside.

Eventually i was fine after a week or so and have taken md 3 times since then, first time a month after, next a few weeks after and the last a good 6/7 months after and each comedown has been horrendous with the same trouble sleeping for at least 24 hours after, high heart rate with the shakes, hot flushes and blurry vision, nauseous feeling but not actually throwing up and extreme dizziness. Latest comedown i thought i was gonna have a heart attack, had all the symptoms for a long time after hitting initial comedown, felt like it was getting worse and not better for a while.

So my question is what is causing my horrid comedowns? could the one bad night have messed me up permanently and affected any future use of mdma? Like can a slight overdose affect your tolerance etc permanently?

Listen to your body and take a long break.

They're some heroic doses and well could be taking their toll.

could the one bad night have messed me up permanently and affected any future use of mdma?

MDMA has a very powerful effect on learning (reinforcement) mechanisms, so one of the things you see in users now and then is a really bad experience that they really struggle to get past. MDMA can treat emotional trauma, but it can also help to cause it under the wrong circumstances. It's possible that there's an element of your brain 'remembering' the bad things that happened that one time and freaking out a bit whenever you use now.

Like can a slight overdose affect your tolerance etc permanently?

I don't know. There are some circumstances where it might happen. Or this might be something completely unrelated. For instance, if you took a six month break, you might have lost your tolerance and taken an unexpectedly high dose.

If you want to keep trying, I would suggest very low doses with plenty of time (at least a month or two) between doses. Ease back into it and see how your brain reacts. If you just can't seem to get along with MDMA anymore, life will go on and take you in other interesting directions. :)